Need recommendation for bicycle touring book.

Old February 2nd 04, 08:31 PM
Bob Gillespie

Default Need recommendation for bicycle touring book.

My wife and I want to try touring a little on bicycle. We have taken
several tours with companies and the B&B at the end of the day was a
great thing. We ant to try bicycle touring, probably the Florida Keys
for the first attempt, and need information about it. Can anyone
recommend resources that I might use to get started with the
preparation.
Thanks for any help.
Bob

Old February 3rd 04, 01:27 AM
cashrefundman

Bob Gillespie wrote:
My wife and I want to try touring a little on bicycle. We have taken
several tours with companies and the B&B at the end of the day was a
great thing. We ant to try bicycle touring, probably the Florida Keys
for the first attempt, and need information about it. Can anyone
recommend resources that I might use to get started with the
preparation.
Thanks for any help.
Bob

Not books but probably will be some day:

http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/

Old February 3rd 04, 02:14 AM
Trailgalore

"Bob Gillespie" wrote in message
news:9dda3c46a27222f059cb046ba9a8986f.85315@mygate .mailgate.org...
My wife and I want to try touring a little on bicycle. We have taken
several tours with companies and the B&B at the end of the day was a
great thing. We ant to try bicycle touring, probably the Florida Keys
for the first attempt, and need information about it. Can anyone
recommend resources that I might use to get started with the
preparation.

Here's one link for a guy who went thru the Keys
http://www.mvermeulen.com/bicycle.coast

Old February 3rd 04, 03:26 AM
Eric Vann

On 2004-02-02 14:31:34 -0600, "Bob Gillespie"
said:

My wife and I want to try touring a little on bicycle. We have taken
several tours with companies and the B&B at the end of the day was a
great thing. We ant to try bicycle touring, probably the Florida Keys
for the first attempt, and need information about it. Can anyone
recommend resources that I might use to get started with the
preparation.
Thanks for any help.
Bob

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...92600?v=glance