Bicycling Sunglasses/Googles

Old August 17th 05, 02:45 AM

Default Bicycling Sunglasses/Googles

I recently started riding about 5 miles daily in the countryside and I
started to wear suglasses after a hard shell insect bulleted my face.
The problem is I now have had more eye problems in the last few weeks
than I have had all my life as a result of dust getting trapped under
the lenses. Are there are sunglasses/googles out there that cup the
eyes and do not fog up? I also want to wear them while running so
fogging is a big deal.

Old August 17th 05, 02:59 AM
Pat

wrote in message
: I recently started riding about 5 miles daily in the countryside and I
: started to wear suglasses after a hard shell insect bulleted my face.
: The problem is I now have had more eye problems in the last few weeks
: than I have had all my life as a result of dust getting trapped under
: the lenses. Are there are sunglasses/googles out there that cup the
: eyes and do not fog up? I also want to wear them while running so
: fogging is a big deal.

Is this post real? Dust getting trapped under glasses lenses? When I ride, I
create a little breeze of my own. There is no way dust could stay there!
Where do you live that you aren't even riding in the wind? Certainly not in
Texas!

Pat
:

Old August 17th 05, 04:30 AM

It's for real. Dust gets trapped under the lenses and gets in my eyes.
Are there any popu;ar sunglasses that put a seal around the eyes?

Old August 17th 05, 09:41 PM
Pat

: It's for real. Dust gets trapped under the lenses and gets in my eyes.
: Are there any popu;ar sunglasses that put a seal around the eyes?

Most cycling sunglasses have a sweep around the edges of the eyes to prevent
anything from getting in your eyes. My eyes make tears like crazy if I don't
use glasses or these kind with the side coverage. Maybe that's all you need.

Pat in TX
:

Old August 17th 05, 10:02 PM
John_Kane

Pat wrote:
: It's for real. Dust gets trapped under the lenses and gets in my eyes.
: Are there any popu;ar sunglasses that put a seal around the eyes?

Most cycling sunglasses have a sweep around the edges of the eyes to prevent
anything from getting in your eyes. My eyes make tears like crazy if I don't
use glasses or these kind with the side coverage. Maybe that's all you need.

Pat in TX
:

This is probably the answer. Cycling sunglasses differ from ordinary
sunglasses. The wrap-around design makes quite a difference. See some
of the Oakley or Louis Garneau designs.

John Kane
Kingston ON

Old August 17th 05, 11:25 PM
wafflycat

"John_Kane" wrote in message
oups.com...

This is probably the answer. Cycling sunglasses differ from ordinary
sunglasses. The wrap-around design makes quite a difference. See some
of the Oakley or Louis Garneau designs.

John Kane
Kingston ON

My teenage son *knows* his Oakley Zeros are seriously kewl and apparently
allow him to cycle faster... ;-)

On the other hand, due to the extrotionate price of said Oakleys, this
mother wears a very basic, unbranded, wrap-around style of shades which I
know I render kewl. Alas I do not cycle any faster ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old August 17th 05, 11:32 PM
Dane Jackson

John_Kane wrote:

Pat wrote:
: It's for real. Dust gets trapped under the lenses and gets in my eyes.
: Are there any popu;ar sunglasses that put a seal around the eyes?

Most cycling sunglasses have a sweep around the edges of the eyes to prevent
anything from getting in your eyes. My eyes make tears like crazy if I don't
use glasses or these kind with the side coverage. Maybe that's all you need.

Pat in TX
:

This is probably the answer. Cycling sunglasses differ from ordinary
sunglasses. The wrap-around design makes quite a difference. See some
of the Oakley or Louis Garneau designs.

Alternatively spend $10 and try out the 'Landscaper' safety glasses from
Lowes/Home Depot/Where-ever.

http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200257624.htm

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"Order your summers suit. Because is big rush we will
Old August 18th 05, 10:31 AM
Chuck

On 2005-08-17, wafflycat waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote:

"John_Kane" wrote in message
oups.com...

This is probably the answer. Cycling sunglasses differ from ordinary
sunglasses. The wrap-around design makes quite a difference. See some
of the Oakley or Louis Garneau designs.

John Kane
Kingston ON

My teenage son *knows* his Oakley Zeros are seriously kewl and apparently
allow him to cycle faster... ;-)

On the other hand, due to the extrotionate price of said Oakleys, this
mother wears a very basic, unbranded, wrap-around style of shades which I
know I render kewl. Alas I do not cycle any faster ;-)

Cheers, helen s

I have several pairs of fake Oakleys (they even say Oakley on them) that
you can't tell apart from the real thing, except when you clean the
lenses they don't scratch like real Oakleys. They cost $6 a pair.