Windbreaker with Hood Suggestion?

Old November 8th 05, 05:28 PM

Default Windbreaker with Hood Suggestion?

I used a rain jacket over fleece for a short ride in cold weather
recently and I was amazed at how the rain jacket blocked the wind.
However the rain jacket is kind of big and flaps around. I am looking
for something streamlined with a hood that can be easily layered
underneath. I also want it to be of good quality and look good. Does
anyone know of anything?

Old November 8th 05, 10:29 PM
Pat

:I used a rain jacket over fleece for a short ride in cold weather
: recently and I was amazed at how the rain jacket blocked the wind.
: However the rain jacket is kind of big and flaps around. I am looking
: for something streamlined with a hood that can be easily layered
: underneath. I also want it to be of good quality and look good. Does
: anyone know of anything?

When I was looking for a rainproof jacket, I was told that hoods impair your
hearing. So, I'd be aware that might be a potential problem, riding in
traffic.

Pat in TX
:

Old November 9th 05, 12:43 AM
Jeff Starr

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 16:29:33 -0600, "Pat" wrote:

:I used a rain jacket over fleece for a short ride in cold weather
: recently and I was amazed at how the rain jacket blocked the wind.
: However the rain jacket is kind of big and flaps around. I am looking
: for something streamlined with a hood that can be easily layered
: underneath. I also want it to be of good quality and look good. Does
: anyone know of anything?

When I was looking for a rainproof jacket, I was told that hoods impair your
hearing. So, I'd be aware that might be a potential problem, riding in
traffic.

Pat in TX
:

Using that logic, so would a hat, skull cap, earband, or Earbags.
Those of us riding in colder climates cover our ears, with a minimum
of hearing loss.

For the OP: not a problem.

So Pat, according to Maggie, you are a female, is that correct?

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old November 9th 05, 12:45 PM

I'm not really sure if I understand this thread.

When I have dinner, I put on my dinner jacket.

When I smoke, I put on my smoking jacket.

When I want to pretend I'm not a bike bum, I put on my straight jacket.

But what am I supposed to do when I put on my windbreaker?

Kindly explain. Thank you.

Old November 9th 05, 05:00 PM
Maggie

Jeff Starr wrote:
So Pat, according to Maggie, you are a female, is that correct?

Life is Good!
Jeff

That sounds like a good column....."According to Maggie".......Think
anyone in their right mind would read it? I'll write about my bicycle
adventures and throw in a little Fashion and Travel tips. It would be a
great venue to go on and on and on and on and on about my life. And we
all know how some people love to hear about my life. ;-)

To stay on topic....I never wear a hat when I ride. It gives me hat
hair.

If Pat is not a woman, I will be much surprised. ;-)

Maggie