Nobody's buying the witch-hunt line, Lance

Old August 24th 12, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Nobody's buying the witch-hunt line, Lance

Make no mistake: Armstrong is quitting because anti-doping officials
have assembled too many former teammates ready to testify against him,
and too much physical evidence, for him to overcome in a fair forum.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,5765006.story

Old August 24th 12, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 24/08/2012 22:06, Anton Berlin wrote:
Make no mistake: Armstrong is quitting because anti-doping officials
have assembled too many former teammates ready to testify against him,
and too much physical evidence, for him to overcome in a fair forum.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,5765006.story

Three comments on that page all saying that the sun shines out of the Uniballers
ass and that the latimes report is unAmerican. You can fool most of the people
most of the time.

Old August 24th 12, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

On 24/08/2012 10:06 PM, Anton Berlin wrote:
Make no mistake: Armstrong is quitting because anti-doping officials
have assembled too many former teammates ready to testify against him,
and too much physical evidence, for him to overcome in a fair forum.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,5765006.story

A quote from the same story-

"In their special seats in Hell...Himmler and Beria are smiling.
Smiling at the tactics used by the USADA in this "investigation". The
USADA has been on an inquisition that would make Torquemada proud for
years after Armstrong. I guess they must be really happy."

That's selective, I'll admit. But then so was the one you linked to. I
think that the poster means by "for years after Armstrong" some
reference to a more recent historical period than Torquemada's era. US
linguistics?

What do the former team mates have to gain by this? There must be
something or they wouldn't bother, would they? It certainly can't be
motivated by a sense of fair play. Just IMHO, anyway.

Do verbal statements count for more than testing? If so is testing crap?
It doesn't actually work? Does masking really work?

Come on, you drug experts. What do you think?

I take no side here. Honestly, I have Wiggo and Cav now, and the Tour of
Britain a kilometre up the road in a few weeks.

Just saying.

Enjoying the Vuelta,

Cheers from the UK!
--
Chris

'Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
every six months.'

(Oscar Wilde.)
Old August 25th 12, 02:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| Three comments on that page all saying that the sun shines out of the
| Uniballers ass and that the latimes report is unAmerican. You can fool
| most of the people most of the time.

Ah well, as Tennisun scribbled out one day when he'd been smoking bad
Hash, "The Old Order changeth, yielding place to new...........", (Then
babbled on like a true Witch Doctor about some Mythical God who was
apparently Bernie Madoff's tutor and in fot ten percent of the scam.)

Like Decimal Day right?

When 4 tanners were no lomger 2 bob.

And silver thrupennies and tanners, which all and sundry had been
hoarding for years alomg with their coppers as you could get more than
face value at the money changers or Jewellry shop, suddenly disappeard
from even the limited circulatiion they enjoyed and the vocabulary too.

They still existed of course physically if anyone was dumb enough to use
them as a medium of exchange, but they'd lost all their charm when
they were refered to as "one and a quarter new pence" and "two and a
half new pence" respectively.

I mean which little kid wanted to find "one and a quarter new pence" or
"two and a half new pence" that his mum had lovingly baked into the
Christmas Pud when he really wanted a silver tanner or thrupenny and to
cop a little feel under the mistletoe with that hot cousin from out of town..

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old August 25th 12, 05:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
Davey Crockett wrote:

atriage a écrit profondement:

| Three comments on that page all saying that the sun shines out of the
| Uniballers ass and that the latimes report is unAmerican. You can fool
| most of the people most of the time.

Ah well, as Tennisun scribbled out one day when he'd been smoking bad
Hash, "The Old Order changeth, yielding place to new...........", (Then
babbled on like a true Witch Doctor about some Mythical God who was
apparently Bernie Madoff's tutor and in fot ten percent of the scam.)

I mete and dole
Unequal laws unto a savage race,
That hoard, and sleep, and feed,
and know not me.

[...]

Mile, gallon, pennyweight, dram, minim, perch, bushel,
acre, furlong, firkin, foot, fathom, league, gill, scruple.
I feel sorry for those who had their heritage
ripped out of them.

I inflate my tires to six hundred twenty thousand pascal.

--
Old Fritz
Old August 25th 12, 08:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Frederick the Great a écrit profondement:

| In article ,
| Davey Crockett wrote:

| atriage a écrit profondement:
|

| | Three comments on that page all saying that the sun shines out of the
| | Uniballers ass and that the latimes report is unAmerican. You can fool
| | most of the people most of the time.
|
| Ah well, as Tennisun scribbled out one day when he'd been smoking bad
| Hash, "The Old Order changeth, yielding place to new...........", (Then
| babbled on like a true Witch Doctor about some Mythical God who was
| apparently Bernie Madoff's tutor and in fot ten percent of the scam.)

| I mete and dole
| Unequal laws unto a savage race,
| That hoard, and sleep, and feed,
| and know not me.

Very good, but let's not confuse the theme of Morte d'Arthur with
Ulysses

| Like Decimal Day right?
|
| When 4 tanners were no lomger 2 bob.
|
| I mean which little kid wanted to find "one and a quarter new pence" or
| "two and a half new pence" that his mum had lovingly baked into the
| Christmas Pud when he really wanted a silver tanner or thrupenny and to
| cop a little feel under the mistletoe with that hot cousin from out of town..

| Mile, gallon, pennyweight, dram, minim, perch, bushel,
| acre, furlong, firkin, foot, fathom, league, gill, scruple.
| I feel sorry for those who had their heritage
| ripped out of them.

Blame it on those New World Order ******s.

What we had was good enough for Davey anyday.

Old August 25th 12, 09:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
Davey Crockett wrote:

Frederick the Great a écrit profondement:

| In article ,
| Davey Crockett wrote:

| atriage a écrit profondement:
|

| | Three comments on that page all saying that the sun shines out of the
| | Uniballers ass and that the latimes report is unAmerican. You can fool
| | most of the people most of the time.
|
| Ah well, as Tennisun scribbled out one day when he'd been smoking bad
| Hash, "The Old Order changeth, yielding place to new...........", (Then
| babbled on like a true Witch Doctor about some Mythical God who was
| apparently Bernie Madoff's tutor and in fot ten percent of the scam.)

| I mete and dole
| Unequal laws unto a savage race,
| That hoard, and sleep, and feed,
| and know not me.

Very good, but let's not confuse the theme of Morte d'Arthur with
Ulysses

It is a simple (minded) segue.
I am not that far along to deal in themes and motif's.