Bitten by a dog

Old September 18th 03, 09:02 AM
paco

Default Bitten by a dog

"Unicycle lightly and carry a big stick"
-Someone famous

This is a related question. I used to go door to door talking to
people, and sometimes the people would have a dog inside their gates
which would make it very hard to hear them. What we found worked was to
carry a small bottle of alcohol (which we used to sanitize our hands),
and if the dog kept barking constantly, we'd squirt a tiny amount of
alcohol on their noses. It would shut them up instantly, but now that I
look back on it, I don't know if I was causing the dogs harm or not.
Usually they would just look puzzled, and none of them seemed to act
hurt, so I hope I wasn't causing any permanent damage.
Anyone know anything about this? Would this work on a threatening dog?

--
paco - Proud owner of 2 opposable thumbs

Sometimes crap works fine.
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old September 18th 03, 08:37 PM
uni57

-Originally posted by me-
*Get behind your unicycle and scream Kutbeest! at the top of your
lungs.*

It's been a day since I've said Kutbeest.

Klaas, you shouldn't teach "kids" new words like Kutbeest! I may name
my next unicycle Kutbeest. How is Kutbeest pronounced? Can you make a
WAV file or video like you did for your name? Can you PM me with a
translation of Kutbeest?

Thank you.

Dave (uni57)

--
uni57 - David C. Lowell

Level Zeroist
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

Old September 18th 03, 10:47 PM
Rowan

[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smil...nsiert044.gif]
*children, cover your eyes!*

uni57 if you were so desperate to find out, why didn't you search for a
'Dutch Slang dictionary'
(http://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlang/ht/Dutch.html) or a 'Dutch to
English translator' (http://www.freedict.com/onldict/dut.html)? To
convert Kut into English, replace the K with a C, and add an N before
the T. Beast just means beast. Now you know why Klaas was hesitant to
make the translation for you.

--
Rowan - •·.·´¯`·.·•
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

Old September 19th 03, 12:03 AM
uni57

To all the readers of RSU: I apologize that my silliness and juvenile
need to repeatedly use a newly learned "bad" word has caused the
eventual spelling out of a certain word in English. My apparent
insensitivity to Klaas's (presumed) growing discomfort over having
"taught" me that word was a feeble (and failed) attempt at humor. And I
did not know what the word meant.

I did however know that excessive use of the mystery bad word was
already pushing the boundaries of a family-oriented forum. I didn't
think it would go further. Sorry to ruin an otherwise excellent
thread.

Dave (uni57)

Old September 19th 03, 07:59 AM
Rowan

Don't worry about it Dave, the word was slang for the place children
come from anyway. They are going to learn about it sooner or later, and
I thought it was funny. Anyone who is totally paranoid about their
children learning curse words will probably not let them use the
internet, or not even permit them to attend a public school.

Back onto the dog subject, today on my foreshore ride, I made eye
contact to acknowledge a dog owner, and his dog growled at me (not
restrained). He gave a sharp sounding command, maybe in German, and the
dog ceased it's growl.

Old September 19th 03, 02:06 PM
ubersquish

in german? there was this guy at my high school a few years ago, a drug
dog handler. the dog was this huge shepherd and the dude was this tiny
bald guy, and it was the best thing ever to watch him giving commands,
all in a salad of german, russian, and one other language. way more
interesting than the fat black lady, the other dog handler

--
ubersquish
ubersquish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4328