Lapierre Ultimate Frame!!!!

Old July 9th 04, 11:00 PM
SuperFred

Default Lapierre Ultimate Frame!!!!

Hi people,

Hope some of you guys can help me out here.I got the chance
to buy a Lapierre Ultimate Carbon frame, from what I've been
told it's last years modle and since some of the aus guys at
fdjeux.com ride Lapierre I though there may be some other
people riding them and would love to know what they think of
them!!.....finding it hard to find any info on this frame on
the net!!!...is this the frame that fdjeux.com used last
year!!!!!.....any info would be great.

Old July 10th 04, 07:45 AM
Etxy

SuperFred wrote:
Hi people,
Hope some of you guys can help me out here.I got the chance
to buy a Lapierre Ultimate Carbon frame, from what I've been
told it's last years modle and since some of the aus guys at
fdjeux.com ride Lapierre I though there may be some other
people riding them and would love to know what they think of
them!!.....finding it hard to find any info on this frame on
the net!!!...is this the frame that fdjeux.com used last
year!!!!!.....any info would be great.

Last year, if memory serves, the fdjeux boys rode a Lapierre
Scandium framed bike, or an Aluminium one. Both of these models have
carbon forks, and the Alu one has a carbon rear end- both are
predominately white.

If the Ultimate Carbon is the black full carbon one, I know that some of
the team were riding that towards the end of last season, and a few of
them are using it in this years tour (Baden in particular uses this one,
I think)...

Which one are you thinking of buying?

Old July 10th 04, 07:45 PM
SuperFred

Etxy wrote:
Last year, if memory serves, the fdjeux boys rode a Lapierre
Scandium framed bike, or an Aluminium one. Both of these models have
carbon forks, and the Alu one has a carbon rear end- both are
predominately white.
If the Ultimate Carbon is the black full carbon one, I know that some of
the team were riding that towards the end of last season, and a few of
them are using it in this years tour (Baden in particular uses this one,
I think)...
Which one are you thinking of buying?

Thanks for your reply, the one I'm on about is the full
carbon all black frame but unlike the all carbon frames
they have this year their is no series number attached
to it like 994,995......and so on, but it dose have the
little fdjeux emblem on the top of the forks. The frame
looks really good and at $750 U.S. seem like a great
deal. Anymore info would be great, I see the aus boys
are having a hard time this year in the Tour,being Irish
myself living in the U.S I'm over the moon to have young
Scanlon riding his frist Tour (1st Irish guy riding it
in 11years) I rode in races against him back home and he
is as strong as a horse,I alway like to se the guy from
aus doing well, you never see them crying when the going
gets hard.Hope Cooke can pull a stage out some were.

Old July 11th 04, 12:30 AM
rayner

SuperFred wrote:
Anymore info would be great

Try bradleymcgee.com he's the Aus supplier for lapierre. His companies
got an email link I think so you could probably ask them directly. Hope
that helped.

Old July 11th 04, 01:16 AM
SuperFred

rayner wrote:
Try bradleymcgee.com he's the Aus supplier for lapierre. His companies
got an email link I think so you could probably ask them directly. Hope
that helped.

Thanks for your reply,

I checked out his site and had found the link and took a
look,there is one that seems to be almost the same. What I
would like to know is what people who paid for them think
of the frame. Reviews on this frame are so hard to find.