I'm looking at building a Team for a charity run in France - Leicester Area

Old February 18th 07, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle Mania

Default I'm looking at building a Team for a charity run in France - Leicester Area

Hi All,

In September this year there is a charity run taking place in France over a
long weekend with culminates in a 14K climb up Alpe D'Huez.

The details can be found here :-

http://epilepsy.org.uk/involved/cyclechallenge.html

Its a team event, 4 people per team, and I would love to take part only non
of the people I know who are capable of doing can do it or want to do it.

If you live in the Leicester area and are a reasonably fit cyclist and would
genuinely like to take part then please get touch on the email address below
for further details. I'm a middle aged married bloke with kids and regular
cyclist - I'm not Lance Armstrong - you dont have to be super fit to do
this.

CycleMania100 AT gmail DOT com

The trip wil cost £225 each ( for four people), between us we will also need
to raise £1000 for the charity (£250 quid each - piece of cake). We also
need to organise a van and will need to take turns driving as the cycling is
done in relays.

Alternativley if anyone is taking part in this event and short of a team
member then please let me know.

Many Thanks

DJ

Old February 19th 07, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe

Cycle Mania wrote:
Hi All,

In September this year there is a charity run taking place in France
over a long weekend with culminates in a 14K climb up Alpe D'Huez.

The details can be found here :-

http://epilepsy.org.uk/involved/cyclechallenge.html

Its a team event, 4 people per team, and I would love to take part
only non of the people I know who are capable of doing can do it or
want to do it.

Not quite for me (dates, the ride, and not living near Leicester), however
good luck with it.

I note from the website a different emphasis compared to some other charity
events. This one is nice and clear about where the money goes - £900 entry
fee for all the costs of the event, paid by those participating, and then
ALL the sponsorship goes to the charity.

Clearly different to the mass of "please pay for my holiday, some of the
money goes to charity" fund raising which goes on.

Also nice to see that you're continuing in that line with your costs
illustrated below.

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Polonia Leicester website (Polish Portal in Leicester) [email protected] UK 1 September 12th 06 03:33 PM
Team building spoof Curtis L. Russell Racing 0 January 11th 06 02:35 PM
Bike holiday in Nice, France, area Wim Rides 2 April 7th 05 10:53 PM
a team in France sylvain007 General 10 October 15th 03 11:31 PM
a team in France sylvain007 UK 6 October 13th 03 09:33 PM