High jump on feet

Old September 16th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

Default High jump on feet

Can joe hodges and fabian jump 130 cm. without there unicycle?

I was trying to get a 69cm. high jump yesterday on my unicycle and got
really close. So then I tried just jumping it without the unicylce and
I was barely getting it. I think that if I continue to unicycle I will
eventually surpass my regular hopping height.

Yet someone told me when I was a newb on the forum that you'll never be
able to get a higher high jump than what you can do on your feet.

--
littleman

http://sixsixone.com/

gabetheunicycleman wrote:
just a quick question for girl unicyclists, as guys we get nutted, do
you ever get clitted.?

Old September 16th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adjuggler

I was under the impression that jumping above your "flat jump" height
was impossible.

--
adjuggler

-Last edited by 'SixSixOne' (sixsixone.com) :
'Youtube-ay' (youtube.com/adjuggler) at
'Vim:eo' (vimeo.com/adjuggler) PM.-
'Belle Isle Richmond, VA (Comp Thread)' (http://tinyurl.com/5c9sdu)
-David
Old September 16th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Connahhh

This also applies to skateboarding. Some people think that some can
ollie higher on a skateboard than they can jump. The skateboard, or in
this case, unicycle, isn't going to work like an elevator to get you up
there.

--
Connahhh
Old September 16th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

Connahhh wrote:
This also applies to skateboarding. Some people think that some can
ollie higher on a skateboard than they can jump. The skateboard, or in
this case, unicycle, isn't going to work like an elevator to get you up
there.

the unicycle has comression.

I would say that a mean sidehop would go much higher than on foot, but
STATIC with a totaly hard tire would be the same as on foot maybe.

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)

email -
aim - Diechickenman51
Myspace - myspace.com/gramwashere
Old September 16th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Magixause

you could mayyybe get a better jump on a unicycle than a STATIC jump
from feet but unless you are really that white then you should beat it
with a running jump

--
Magixause

Aaron Bickel
Old September 17th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
padst3r

my max on feet is about the same as my hop with the uni.I dont think
many people could hop like a sidehop off the unicycle and get 130 but
im not really that sure

--
padst3r

Harry Potter uses a Nimbus and he is the best magician of all time.

Proud member of the 'Team Nelson Unicyclists'
(http://www.teamnelsonuni.co.nr)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
*)---', 6ft Static Gap
Old September 17th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Magixause

Yea were you jumping sideways like you would on a unicycle...cause that
would be hard..still could jump higher on feet though I would think

--
Magixause

Aaron Bickel
Old September 17th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
padst3r

yeh i was jumping sideways and doing a little bounce to get extra
height.If i run up and jump up i could get 130 easy i think

Old September 17th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

I can get 4ft on my fee pretty easy, sticking the landing is hard
though. I've gotten more a few times, but always dab.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

Ducttape wrote:
haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?

New High jump rec! Johaaan Unicycling 6 September 15th 08 05:42 PM
High Jump Russtynail Unicycling 10 May 15th 07 04:17 AM
How high did I jump? Joe2005 Unicycling 37 March 5th 07 08:15 PM
high jump rec kris.lee Unicycling 12 July 30th 06 11:33 PM
Best way to jump high? pete66 Unicycling 22 June 12th 04 12:39 AM