Missing Messages from URCM

Old December 1st 09, 11:34 AM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

Default Missing Messages from URCM

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:53:20 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:11:47 -0800 (PST), Simon Brooke
wrote:

What jms really needs is RFC 2549. It would greatly improve the signal
to noise ratio for everyone.

Do I get extra points for knowing what that is without even looking?

Guy

If you wanted to try and prove that you were a big-headed
objectionable ****er - then indeed you do.

Is that one of the areas on which you known as a "thought-leader"?

I recall that you said that something was : "a field in which I am
considered a thought leader by VMware, Dell and EMC."?

How do you know that?

Can anyone do it - did you just write a letter to them and say "do
you consider that I am a thought-leader in wanking for England" - and
they said "yes most certainly".

Is that how it works?

--
Many cyclists are proving the need for registration by their contempt for the Highway Code and laws.

The answer:
All cyclists over 16 to take compulsory test, have compulsory insurance, and be registered.
Registration number to be clearly visible on the back of mandatory hi-viz vest.
Habitual law breakers' cycles confiscated and crushed.
(With thanks to KeithT for the idea)

Old December 1st 09, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Judith M Smith" wrote in message

The answer:
All cyclists over 16 to take compulsory test, have compulsory insurance,
and be registered.
Registration number to be clearly visible on the back of mandatory hi-viz
vest.
Habitual law breakers' cycles confiscated and crushed.

Thanks for changing your spelling of "visible". In return here are some more
ideas for you.

1) Compulsory helmet use for all road using cyclists.
2) Must pay a token "road tax" (sic).
3) Must carry number plates (even on Barbie trikes)
4) Must be kept away from "the traffic" on cycle paths.
5) When allowed on the road, must not filter but "wait their turn".
6) No use of earpieces at all. Blue tooth OK for drivers though.
7) Compulsory MOT and insurance.
8) No wearing of clothing to show off their fit bodies as it might upset
lard arsed drivers.
9) No wearing of garish colours in the summer.
10) But bizarrely, no wearing of dark colours either.
11) If no helmet worn, cut their insurance payouts.
12) Must ride as far to the left as possible at all times so cars can pass
even when it's not safe.
13) Must never ride more than one abreast.
14) Racing and time trialling on public roads banned.
15) Mandatory hi-vis. If it flaps about in the wind all the better.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old December 1st 09, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Happi Monday[_3_]

Please ****-off back to your own place.
Old December 1st 09, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Judith M Smith

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:42:48 -0000, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

snip

Thanks for changing your spelling of "visible". In return here are some more
ideas for you.

1) Compulsory helmet use for all road using cyclists.

I'm still not sure about this yet - I am moving towards it - as are
many people.

2) Must pay a token "road tax" (sic).

Yep

3) Must carry number plates (even on Barbie trikes)

Yep - sort of - via the hi-viz for all over 16

4) Must be kept away from "the traffic" on cycle paths.

Yep - compulsory to use if available

5) When allowed on the road, must not filter but "wait their turn".

The word filter does not appear in the Highway Code - so you are
probably correct.

6) No use of earpieces at all. Blue tooth OK for drivers though.

Earpieces banned for all drivers/cyclists.

7) Compulsory MOT and insurance.

Yep

8) No wearing of clothing to show off their fit bodies as it might upset
lard arsed drivers.

Sorry - had not realised that all cyclists have "fit bodies". Is that
your assessment? Have you seen Marc?

9) No wearing of garish colours in the summer.

Nope disagree - must wear hi-viz at all times

10) But bizarrely, no wearing of dark colours either.

Yep - agree - hi viz at all times.

11) If no helmet worn, cut their insurance payouts.

Spot on

12) Must ride as far to the left as possible at all times so cars can pass
even when it's not safe.

In general yes - keep as far left as is safely possible.

13) Must never ride more than one abreast.

Spot on - why should you?

14) Racing and time trialling on public roads banned.

Most definitely - unless roads closed (at a cost to the cyclists of
course)

15) Mandatory hi-vis. If it flaps about in the wind all the better.

No - registration number MUST be visible - your responsibility.

Looks like we are nearly in agreement.

Many thanks.

Old December 1st 09, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
SW

wrote:
5) When allowed on the road, must not filter but "wait their turn".

The word filter does not appear in the Highway Code - so you are
probably correct.

Does that mean all actions not defined in the HC are against the HC ?

SW
Old December 1st 09, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving

On 1 Dec, 17:09, Judith M Smith wrote:
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:42:48 -0000, "Simon Mason"

Looks like we are nearly in agreement.

Many thanks.

My pleasure. Sadly for you and your ilk, none of those rules will
*ever* come to fruition.
Keep dreaming though.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 1st 09, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Happi Monday wrote:
Please ****-off back to your own place.

who?

what?

where?

--
Its never too late to reinvent the bicycle
Old December 1st 09, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

Keitht wrote:
Happi Monday wrote:
Please ****-off back to your own place.

who?

what?

where?

See that anchor that went overboard over there? Well Happi took it right up to
the boat.
Old December 2nd 09, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

wrote:
5) When allowed on the road, must not filter but "wait their turn".

The word filter does not appear in the Highway Code - so you are
probably correct.

Does that mean all actions not defined in the HC are against the HC ?

SW

Sorry - I was just saying that I did not understand what the term
"filtering" meant, and I was not aware that it was defined and
approved in the Highway Code - hence I could hardly comment on whether
it meant cyclists should wait their turn

Are you telling me that I am wrong?

Old December 2nd 09, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Dave Larrington[_3_]

In ,
Judith M Smith tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:

13) Must never ride more than one abreast.

Spot on - why should you?

To overtake.

Duh.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

urcm It is using urc to do its own job Trevor A Panther UK 20 November 13th 09 06:49 PM
Post rejection on urcm Adam Funk[_5_] UK 0 October 25th 09 06:23 PM
Open question to Ian Jackson re URCM jms UK 103 August 18th 09 07:45 PM
[email protected] jms UK 0 July 7th 09 12:10 PM
Re Proposed URCM jms UK 9 May 29th 09 04:12 PM