Are Lake MB shoes the same as the winter boots in comfort?

Old April 1st 05, 07:29 AM
Steve Knight

Default Are Lake MB shoes the same as the winter boots in comfort?

I went and bought some Sidi Dominator 5 MTB Shoe as I really liked my older
sidi road shoes.
Well they felt fine in the store but after riding awhile they hurt. My right
foot is larger then the left so it is always problematic. But I finally after
screwing with the cleat placement I found a ok feel. But I put on my lake winter
boots as it started to rain again and man they feel great. Never had to screw
with them or anything.
No one caries lake's locally so I would have to mail order. So I wonder how
close the MB shoes are to the MB boots?

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Old April 1st 05, 04:14 PM
maxo

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:29:51 -0800, Steve Knight wrote:

No one caries lake's locally so I would have to mail order. So I wonder
how
close the MB shoes are to the MB boots?

I don't know about the boots, but I can tell you that Lake's are really
consistent in fit.

I've owned a pair of Lake cxcross shoes, some road shoes, and am now
riding the cheap Nashbar road shoes, which are made by Lake and fit
exactly the same as the $130 cxcross shoes, but for $32. I love the way
Lakes fit in the heel cup--hold it tight without chafing.

Since you know your Lake size, I'd not worry. You can always send them
back.

Old April 1st 05, 05:31 PM
Steve Knight

I've owned a pair of Lake cxcross shoes, some road shoes, and am now
riding the cheap Nashbar road shoes, which are made by Lake and fit
exactly the same as the $130 cxcross shoes, but for $32. I love the way
Lakes fit in the heel cup--hold it tight without chafing.

Since you know your Lake size, I'd not worry. You can always send them
back.

that's good to know. I also wonder if the larger size I got on the boots so
thick socks would fit is not part of the comfort?

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes