Hints on commuting by bike?

Old September 25th 03, 06:00 AM
Steven M. Scharf

Default Hints on commuting by bike?

Matthew Olsen Garretson ) wrote:

The place I work doesn't have a shower or locker room, but I still want to
commute by bicycle. Are any of you in the same situation? If so, how do you
handle it? Do you ride dressed for work or do you change in the bathroom?
How do you handle being sweaty from the ride?

Keep a washcloth and towel at work. It's sufficient to
de-smell yourself. The alternative is to ride at a very
relaxed pace so you don't sweat.

Old September 25th 03, 11:47 AM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 05:00:53 GMT, "Steven M. Scharf"
wrote:

Keep a washcloth and towel at work.

Baby wipes are even better. Get the unscented ones, unless you like
smelling like lanolin. G

Barry
Old September 25th 03, 04:33 PM
21Twelve

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...
wrote:

Keep a washcloth and towel at work.

Baby wipes are even better. Get the unscented ones, unless you like
smelling like lanolin. G

Barry

Google this newsgroup on "big people wipes". Several years ago somebody
posted a 'recipe' for making wipes out of paper towels, soap, baby oil and
some other stuff. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will next time I go
camping...

HTH,
David

Old September 25th 03, 05:41 PM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:33:36 -0700, "21Twelve"
wrote:

Google this newsgroup on "big people wipes". Several years ago somebody
posted a 'recipe' for making wipes out of paper towels, soap, baby oil and
some other stuff. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will next time I go
camping...

Why make them when Baby Wipes are so cheap?

Barry
Old September 25th 03, 10:12 PM
Rick Onanian

wrote:
Keep a washcloth and towel at work.

Baby wipes are even better. Get the unscented ones, unless you like
smelling like lanolin. G

Google this newsgroup on "big people wipes". Several years ago somebody
posted a 'recipe' for making wipes out of paper towels, soap, baby oil

Wet-naps (moist towlettes, whatever) are great, too,
and can be bought in a hundred-pack at a drugstore
for a couple bucks.

HTH,
David

--