BEWARE Another Bike related ebay scam

Old December 17th 03, 05:12 PM
Chad G

Default BEWARE Another Bike related ebay scam

Just want to let everyone know that there is a 57cm Ti Lemond for sale on
ebay. This is a bike that I sold last week. The current seller posted a
very similar auction listing. He also used all the pictures that I took of
the bike. In his listing he stated that the bike is being sold through
Freewheel Cycle...the shop I work at. Beware of people like this,
especially this time of year. I figured I would bring it to everyones
attention because there are 15bids on it already.

The auction # is 3645460915

I hope this helps,
Chad

Old December 17th 03, 06:01 PM
Q.

"Chad G" wrote in message
Just want to let everyone know that there is a 57cm Ti Lemond for sale on
ebay. This is a bike that I sold last week. The current seller posted a
very similar auction listing. He also used all the pictures that I took

of
the bike. In his listing he stated that the bike is being sold through
Freewheel Cycle...the shop I work at. Beware of people like this,
especially this time of year. I figured I would bring it to everyones
attention because there are 15bids on it already.

The auction # is 3645460915

I hope this helps,
Chad

I really hope you contacted eBay as well ...

C.Q.C.

Old December 17th 03, 06:06 PM
Harris

In rec.bicycles.tech Chad G wrote:
Just want to let everyone know that there is a 57cm Ti Lemond for sale on
ebay. This is a bike that I sold last week. The current seller posted a
very similar auction listing. He also used all the pictures that I took of
the bike. In his listing he stated that the bike is being sold through
Freewheel Cycle...the shop I work at. Beware of people like this,
especially this time of year. I figured I would bring it to everyones
attention because there are 15bids on it already.

The auction # is 3645460915

Wow! How can people bid $2500 on seller with no feedback rating? I notice
he includes the words "good luck." ;-

Art Harris

Old December 17th 03, 06:48 PM
Paul Southworth

In article ,
Harris wrote:
In rec.bicycles.tech Chad G wrote:
Just want to let everyone know that there is a 57cm Ti Lemond for sale on
ebay. This is a bike that I sold last week. The current seller posted a
very similar auction listing. He also used all the pictures that I took of
the bike. In his listing he stated that the bike is being sold through
Freewheel Cycle...the shop I work at. Beware of people like this,
especially this time of year. I figured I would bring it to everyones
attention because there are 15bids on it already.

The auction # is 3645460915

Wow! How can people bid $2500 on seller with no feedback rating?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/f-shilling.html

--Paul

Old December 17th 03, 08:15 PM
John Rees

"Chad G" wrote in message ...
| Just want to let everyone know that there is a 57cm Ti Lemond for sale on
| ebay. This is a bike that I sold last week. The current seller posted a
| very similar auction listing. He also used all the pictures that I took of
| the bike. In his listing he stated that the bike is being sold through
| Freewheel Cycle...the shop I work at. Beware of people like this,
| especially this time of year. I figured I would bring it to everyones
| attention because there are 15bids on it already.
|
| The auction # is 3645460915

Another dead giveaway (if a brand new seller with no feedback isn't enough of a red flag) it's a private auction. There are eBay
users out there who have logins like 'bewareitsascam' and bid a ridiculous bid on the auction to further warn away potential
bidders. Making it private foils these guys from making it know it's a scam. There are items where a private auction is probably a
good idea, but I see no reason why a bike auction need to be one.

Did you ask the seller any questions? Did you get a response?

Old December 17th 03, 08:51 PM
Werehatrack

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:12:30 -0500, Chad G may
have said:

Just want to let everyone know that there is a 57cm Ti Lemond for sale on
ebay. This is a bike that I sold last week. The current seller posted a
very similar auction listing. He also used all the pictures that I took of
the bike. In his listing he stated that the bike is being sold through
Freewheel Cycle...the shop I work at. Beware of people like this,
especially this time of year. I figured I would bring it to everyones
attention because there are 15bids on it already.

The auction # is 3645460915

I hope this helps,
Chad

Have you notified EBay yet? If those pictures are yours, then you
have the single easiest shot at getting him knocked off.

it's also possible that I'm busy.
Old December 17th 03, 10:31 PM
Matthew

"Chad G" wrote in message
Just want to let everyone know that there is a 57cm Ti Lemond for sale on
ebay. This is a bike that I sold last week. The current seller posted a
very similar auction listing. He also used all the pictures that I took

of
the bike. In his listing he stated that the bike is being sold through
Freewheel Cycle...the shop I work at. Beware of people like this,
especially this time of year. I figured I would bring it to everyones
attention because there are 15bids on it already.

The auction # is 3645460915

I hope this helps,
Chad

And either way I don't think Lemond will be happy about its dealers selling
via mail order.

Old December 18th 03, 12:09 AM
onefred

Wow! How can people bid $2500 on seller with no feedback rating? I notice
he includes the words "good luck." ;-

Try $10,000+. And he only accepts payments in the form of a bank transfer.
I wonder what he would do if someone in NY won and wanted to pay in-person.

Dave

Old December 18th 03, 12:39 AM
Q.

"onefred" wrote in message
. ..
Wow! How can people bid $2500 on seller with no feedback rating? I

notice
he includes the words "good luck." ;-

Try $10,000+. And he only accepts payments in the form of a bank

transfer.
I wonder what he would do if someone in NY won and wanted to pay

in-person.

Dave

You're assuming these people actually live in NY ... and not Nigeria (c:

C.Q.C.