Cyclists waste petrol

Old September 12th 18, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

Default Cyclists waste petrol

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 21:05:10 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 20:16:37 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 00:30:38 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 22:46:58 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 18:52:24 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 18:31:06 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 04:45:21 +0100, rbowman

wrote:

On 09/09/2018 05:48 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
In the UK the cops are in fear of being done for assault.
They're
always very polite and behave like girls. It's quite funny
arguing
with
a traffic cop, they let you insult them.

Yes, well that's the UK... I'm sure you read enough US news
realize
this is not the UK.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-ar...ry?id=57715416

How ****ed up do you have to be to think you're in your house
when
you're
in someone else's?

There might just be a reason for that immortal 'little boxes'
line.

What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2lGkEU4Xs

I did once see someone get confused as to where he lived, but that
was
council flats and he was drunk.

This one was in a block of flats. The lift stopped at the
floor above hers, his door was ajar so pushing the key
into the lock saw the door swing open and she claims
that the lights were out and she could see only his
silhouette and that she got no response when she
told him to put his hands up, so she shot him.

Corse its easy to make most of that up after he is dead.

Anyone with half a brain can tell if they're in their own flat.

Not when the lights are off and you are focussing on
the silhouette of what you believe is an intruder who
has broken into your flat thru the front door and that's
why the front door was ajar and not locked as you left it.

This isn't hotel rooms, this is homes where everyone has different
furniture, paintings, wall coverings, clocks, carpets, etc.

None of which would be visible with the lights off.

People oughta live in better accommodation.

Doesn't necessarily help. Even with separate houses,
plenty have managed to confuse one with the next
one in the dark with no lights on.

I've never ever mistaken my house for another.

That's coz yours is a hovel.

No, it's because it isn't, and every house in my street looks different.
It's the cheap **** places that are identical.

They are all completely different.

That right ?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3lezqdadc...5b8-c.jpg?dl=0

****ing hell where's that ********? Even council estates round here
aren't that bad.

Yankeeland, where that cop ****ed up so spectacularly.

If it was dark enough not to distinguish them, it would also be dark
enough to be falling over as you couldn't see 2 feet in front of you.

I never bother with a torch when walking in the dark in the park next
to my house and there are no street lights there at all. Never fall over.

If you can see where you're going to place your feet,

I cant see where to place my feet and am
quite capable of talking in complete darkness.

you can identify it's your house and not a neighbour's.

Not with
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3lezqdadc...5b8-c.jpg?dl=0

Old September 12th 18, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

href="https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g186374-d2277022-i219949834-Vicar_s_Close-Wells_Somerset_England.html#219949834"img
alt=""
src="https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/0d/1c/2b/0a/row-of-identical-houses.jpg"//abr/This
photo of Vicar's Close is courtesy of TripAdvisor

Old September 12th 18, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

You should still know if:
1) You're definitely in your house.
2) You're unsure.
Assuming it's 1 when it's 2 then shooting someone is ****ing stupid.
And isn't she a bit young to be a cop? She looks 12.

Old September 12th 18, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

So are most people ROTFPMSL!
Old September 12th 18, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

She wasn't, the door had just swang open with the lights
off inside and she assumed that someone had picked the
lock and was inside her house, so she shot him dead when
she could see him silhouetted against the light coming
in thru the window.

2) You're unsure.

She wasn't.

Assuming it's 1 when it's 2 then shooting someone is ****ing stupid.

Sure, but hardly surprising that an armed cop does that.

And isn't she a bit young to be a cop?

Nope.

She looks 12.

She's 30

Old September 13th 18, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
TMS320

On 12/09/18 09:56, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 21:02:03 +0100
TMS320 wrote:
On 11/09/18 15:11,
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 13:45:12 +0100
TMS320 wrote:
On 11/09/18 00:50, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Why are people so stupid as to want to change gears themselves when
the car can do it for you? An automatic is a wonder to drive in
comparison. You just press one of two pedals. Go faster or go
slower, simple.

As I said, the Europeans are a long way behind the rest of the world.
Europeans seem to put more value on cosmetic additions, rather than
genuine driving aids.

The "basic" rental sedan I hired in the US a couple of years ago had
steel wheels and tyres with proper sidewalls. But it had a 2.4 engine
headlined as 180hp and an electrically adjustable driver's seat (*).
Here, a base model comes with a wheezy little engine and if a proper
engine is wanted it has to be accompanied by a load of overpriced tat.

If anything qualifies as wheezing its a 2.4 that can only muster 180hp. That
might have been par for the course back in the 80s or 90s but today its
pretty pathetic.

They have only increased power since then by adding a turbo.

Nah, fuel burn has got better too. Even non turbo petrol engines produce more
power per cc now than they did 20 years ago.

Example please. The point is that a basic model in the US has 180hp,
whereas in Europe it would likely be 120hp.

Apart from anything else, underlying efficiency is indicated by specific
torque, not power. With the 8sp gearbox it mostly sat at 1600rpm and I
never took it beyond 4000, so who gives a stuff what it could produce at
6000rpm?

Old September 13th 18, 03:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/12/2018 12:56 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Nope, they are too stupid to do that, that's why they are going broke.

Pity about all those Yaris, Polo, Golf, Corolla sized cars selling there
right now.

Ford's problem is that they are profitable for them. But they clearly
are for
Toyota, Mazda and VW, Ford is so ****ing hopeless that they can't do same.

https://www.fool.com/investing/gener...-earnings.aspx
https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/...uck-sales.aspx

Yeah, they are going Chapter 7 any day now.
Old September 13th 18, 07:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
mannequin of mirth ...

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 21:39:31 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/10/2018 10:03 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 09/10/2018 11:27 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 04:39:20 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/09/2018 11:40 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
True, but if cycling through town, I'd wear shorts and tshirt.

More fool you in the depths of winter.

Oh, sweet Jesus... Here we go with Knife's fantasy that he can
control
his body temperature like some Indian fakir and melt ice with his
wedding tackle at 20 below. Centigrade, Fahrenheit, take your pick.

It's called being warm blooded. Put a tropical fish in cold water
and
it dies. Put a mammal in cold water and it shivers.

Leave the mammal in cold enough water for long enough and it dies.

Perhaps Jimmy has walrus genes in his makeup; big tusks, small brains,
and a lot of blubber.

He claims to be skinny but I havent seen a photo.

The tiny brain is obvious tho.

Skinny is good when immersed in cold water. You don't suffer as long.
The rule of thumb on the coast of Maine was a 50% chance of surviving 50
minutes in 50 degree water. Most of the lobstermne couldn't swim. If you
fell out of the boat and couldn't get back in you were dead.

Wrong, fat people feel the cold the same,

No they don't. And I know that because a mate of mine
was by far the fattest person I have ever known in person,
tho I have seen fatter ones in docos. Its killed him now.

they have more insulation but a slower metabolic rate,

Like hell they have. They are fatter because they
shovel much more food into their mouths. He
was notorious when they all headed off to north
queensland to sit around in the camping ground
getting ****ed, playing gin rummy and swatting
the midges in out winter. Whenever they stopped
for a tea break in one of the towns en route with
them all in their various RVs, him and his wife
in their Winnebago, he'd make a bee line for
the cake shop, buy a whole box of cream cakes
and scoff the lot, twice a day.

He was also notorious for making a loaf of
bread in the bread machine and scoffing the
whole thing ladled with butter and jam
straight out of the bread machine.

they can create less heat.

Wrong.

you are Katie Hopkins and I claim my half crown ......

Old September 13th 18, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

You have ONE example. Everyone feels the cold differently, whether they're fat or not. Fat is nothing to do with it.

they have more insulation but a slower metabolic rate,

Like hell they have. They are fatter because they
shovel much more food into their mouths.

Can be. But some people simply can't lose weight, even if they go on a diet.

He was notorious when they all headed off to north
queensland to sit around in the camping ground
getting ****ed, playing gin rummy and swatting
the midges in out winter. Whenever they stopped
for a tea break in one of the towns en route with
them all in their various RVs, him and his wife
in their Winnebago, he'd make a bee line for
the cake shop, buy a whole box of cream cakes
and scoff the lot, twice a day.

He was also notorious for making a loaf of
bread in the bread machine and scoffing the
whole thing ladled with butter and jam
straight out of the bread machine.

they can create less heat.

Wrong.

Go look up metabolic rate. People with a high metabolic rate are skinny, as they burn all their fat off, they can also keep warm far more easily.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 10:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 08:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 17th 07 11:30 PM