Exeter road rage driver banned for mowing down cyclist in Tesco car park

Old August 3rd 20, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Exeter road rage driver banned for mowing down cyclist in Tescocar park

On 01/08/2020 16:35, JNugent wrote:
On 01/08/2020 15:11, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:03:06 GMT, TMS320 wrote:
On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal experience
does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Of course, science doesn't affect cyclists.

Proper science does. Nugent science doesn't.

Nugent cares little for the laws of Momentum (until he has to stop
unexpectedly, of course)

Childish.

Your lack of ability to argue on point speaks volumes about you.

Tell us again how raising your centre of gravity doesn't affect your
stability of balance when cycling.

You're trying to tell us that is does.

Would it be just the same if a wardrobe were fastened to a roof rack on
an SUV?

No.
Old August 3rd 20, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 08:55 3 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:
On 01/08/2020 16:35, JNugent wrote:
On 01/08/2020 15:11, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:03:06 GMT, TMS320 wrote:
On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal experience
does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Of course, science doesn't affect cyclists.

Proper science does. Nugent science doesn't.

Nugent cares little for the laws of Momentum (until he has to stop
unexpectedly, of course)

Childish.

Your lack of ability to argue on point speaks volumes about you.

Tell us again how raising your centre of gravity doesn't affect your
stability of balance when cycling.

You're trying to tell us that is does.

Are you saying a raised centre of gravity when cycling has no effect on
stability?

Old August 3rd 20, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 03/08/2020 11:13, Pamela wrote:
On 08:55 3 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:
On 01/08/2020 16:35, JNugent wrote:
On 01/08/2020 15:11, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:03:06 GMT, TMS320
On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal
experience does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Tell us again how raising your centre of gravity doesn't affect
your stability of balance when cycling.

You're trying to tell us that is does.

Are you saying a raised centre of gravity when cycling has no effect
on stability?

It is up to the person that mentioned raised CoG to explain the relevance.
Old August 3rd 20, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 08:55Â* 3 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:
On 01/08/2020 16:35, JNugent wrote:
On 01/08/2020 15:11, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:03:06 GMT, TMS320
On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal
experience does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Tell us again how raising your centre of gravity doesn't affect
your stability of balance when cycling.

You're trying to tell us that is does.

Are you saying a raised centre of gravity when cycling has no effect
on stability?

It is up to the person that mentioned raised CoG to explain the relevance.

....particularly when the person used the word "science".

Old August 3rd 20, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 12:21 3 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

On 03/08/2020 11:13, Pamela wrote:
On 08:55 3 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:
On 01/08/2020 16:35, JNugent wrote:
On 01/08/2020 15:11, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:03:06 GMT, TMS320
On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal
experience does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Tell us again how raising your centre of gravity doesn't affect
your stability of balance when cycling.

You're trying to tell us that is does.

Are you saying a raised centre of gravity when cycling has no effect
on stability?

It is up to the person that mentioned raised CoG to explain the relevance.

Surely the laws of physics don't differ according to who is quoting them?
Nugent made a clear observation based on simple physics as can be found in
dozens of textbooks.

You claim it is incorrect. Please show how it is incorrect. Or were you
trolling Nugent again?
Old August 3rd 20, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 03/08/2020 08:55, TMS320 wrote:
On 01/08/2020 16:35, JNugent wrote:
On 01/08/2020 15:11, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:03:06 GMT, TMS320 wrote:
On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal experience
does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Of course, science doesn't affect cyclists.

Proper science does. Nugent science doesn't.

Nugent cares little for the laws of Momentum (until he has to stop
unexpectedly, of course)

Childish.

Your lack of ability to argue on point speaks volumes about you.

Tell us again how raising your centre of gravity doesn't affect your
stability of balance when cycling.

You're trying to tell us that is does.

Of course it does. Raising the centre of gravity of *anything* renders
it less stable than it would be with a lower centre of gravity.

Recommended for you:

https://tinyurl.com/y2vygk64 and

https://tinyurl.com/y4updm3f

Would it be just the same if a wardrobe were fastened to a roof rack
on an SUV?

No.

Do the laws of physics and gravity work differently for (a) bikes and
(b) everything else in the universe?

Old August 3rd 20, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 03/08/2020 12:21, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/08/2020 11:13, Pamela wrote:
On 08:55Â* 3 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:
On 01/08/2020 16:35, JNugent wrote:
On 01/08/2020 15:11, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:03:06 GMT, TMS320
On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal
experience does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Tell us again how raising your centre of gravity doesn't affect
your stability of balance when cycling.

You're trying to tell us that is does.

Are you saying a raised centre of gravity when cycling has no effect
on stability?

It is up to the person that mentioned raised CoG to explain the relevance.

Are you trying to claim that a raised (or, for that matter, a lowered)
centre of gravity has no effect on stability (whether for a cyclist or
anything else)?

Be clear.

Old August 3rd 20, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

Try: https://tinyurl.com/y4updm3f

Old August 3rd 20, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 03/08/2020 16:39, Pamela wrote:
[...]

The raising of CoG?

You claim it is incorrect. Please show how it is incorrect.

I have made no claim about anything. Do you know what the word
'relevance' means?

Or were you trolling Nugent again?

You are putting demands on me, not Nugent. You are trolling me.
Old August 3rd 20, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 03/08/2020 17:27, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Sigh.

Would it be just the same if a wardrobe were fastened to a roof rack
on an SUV?

No.

Do the laws of physics and gravity work differently for (a) bikes and
(b) everything else in the universe?

The laws of physics and gravity do not work differently for bicycles.
The knowledge of how it applies is called science.