in-VIG-orating!

Old December 11th 03, 04:32 PM
Max

Default in-VIG-orating!

the commute home this a.m. found me pedaling under a 16°F sunny sky.
Beautiful ride up the Fox River, just me, the Canada geese and and a
smattering of Mallard ducks.

Cold weather riding is a snap, as long as you layer your clothes and pay
attention to fingers and toesies. One thing is certain -- winter
cycling is a blammo cure for SAD. :-)

..max
there was some . . . shrinkage.

--
the part of
was played by maxwell monningh 8-p
Old December 11th 03, 09:25 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Max writes:
the commute home this a.m. found me pedaling under a 16°F sunny sky.
Beautiful ride up the Fox River, just me, the Canada geese and and a
smattering of Mallard ducks.

Cold weather riding is a snap, as long as you layer your clothes and pay
attention to fingers and toesies.

And maybe pack some Kleenex for the inevitable runny nose.
Although at aound the freezing mark, I seem to become
acclimated after half an hour's riding (I don't often get
to experience temperatures much below freezing.)

One thing is certain -- winter
cycling is a blammo cure for SAD. :-)

Vitamin D indeed is wonderful stuff. And getting back home,
out of the cold, apres-ride indulgences are all the more
pleasurable and well-earned. Even if it's just a cup o'
tea or two, and a bunch of McVitie's ginger snaps. Or a
highball-sized B52. Or a bowl of homemade minestrone.

I've just finished a stint of home-office work. I found
myself feeling generally cold all the time, just from
sedentarily sitting at the desk all day. Now that I can
get some rides in again, I'm feeling much warmer now.

.max
there was some . . . shrinkage.

At 16 F (-9 C), I bet there was :-)

cheers,