Large water bottle holder for 3.5 inch diameter bottle

Old September 4th 19, 02:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

Default Large water bottle holder for 3.5 inch diameter bottle

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

Andy
Old September 4th 19, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/3/2019 8:29 PM, AK wrote:
I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

Andy

Look at drink holders for ATV offroad vehicles maybe.

Bicycle water bottles and holders are relatively
standardized to the original TA/Coloral format.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 4th 19, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:29:20 -0700, AK wrote:

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that
is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

What do you want to carry?
A long time ago, I purchased a large bottle and carrier combo. I don't
know if it is 3.5",but it was certainly larger then the standard
waterbottle.

Andy

Old September 4th 19, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 9:30:42 PM UTC-5, news18 wrote:
On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:29:20 -0700, AK wrote:

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that
is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

What do you want to carry?
A long time ago, I purchased a large bottle and carrier combo. I don't
know if it is 3.5",but it was certainly larger then the standard
waterbottle.

Andy

Water.

Today I found and bought a 30 oz. stainless steel insulated bottle for $8.

Andy
Old September 4th 19, 04:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 9:02:12 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/3/2019 8:29 PM, AK wrote:
I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

Andy

Look at drink holders for ATV offroad vehicles maybe.

Bicycle water bottles and holders are relatively
standardized to the original TA/Coloral format.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Waterford's incomparable R-33 at 18 lbs. is very impressive.

:-)

Andy
Old September 4th 19, 05:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 18:29:20 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate
a bottle that is 3.5 inches in diameter.
Not having any luck.

Think metric. 3.5 inches = 89 mm

The third URL seems to be the most productive:
https://www.google.com/search?q=large+bicycle+water+bottle+cage
https://www.google.com/search?q=oversized+bicycle+water+bottle+cage
https://www.google.com/search?q=89mm+bicycle+water+bottle+cage

Photo searches are also useful if you're looking for a particular
style:
https://www.google.com/search?q=89mm+bicycle+water+bottle+cage&tbm=isch

This list looks like a good start, but seems to be lacking in
dimensions:
https://bikepacking.com/index/oversized-bottle-cages-for-bike-touring/

Bingo:
https://www.cyclingabout.com/cargo-cages-anything-cages-oversized-bottle-cages/
The maximum capacity for almost all oversized cages is 1.5L
(52oz). There’s a standard diameter for bottles of this
capacity (89mm / 3.5 in) that allows them to fit soft
drink, Nalgene and many stainless steel bottles.

This might be of interest:
"Topeak Modula XL Bidon Cage Owner Review"
https://aushiker.com/topeak-modula-xl-bidon-cage-owner-review/

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old September 4th 19, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

news18 wrote:
On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:29:20 -0700, AK wrote:

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that
is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

What do you want to carry?
A long time ago, I purchased a large bottle and carrier combo. I don't
know if it is 3.5",but it was certainly larger then the standard
waterbottle.

Andy

Something like this, perhaps?
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...2/rp-prod68036

Old September 4th 19, 02:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I thought this would be perfect until I measured the diameter of the cap.

https://imgur.com/a/BgvoiMh

Bottle holder AK[_2_] Techniques 219 May 29th 19 10:16 PM
Vintage campagnolo water bottle with the bottle cage- $10.00 [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 1st 08 01:17 AM
Bottle holder broken during downhill Fast Turtle General 9 May 1st 05 03:32 AM
Zefal Isotherm water bottle keeps water coldest? chris General 77 July 27th 04 01:46 AM
Bottle Holder? daino149 Unicycling 7 November 23rd 03 09:03 AM