MORE HEBEVILLE NEWS

Old November 7th 11, 04:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default MORE HEBEVILLE NEWS

Our subject line was used for years before your objections surfaced.
Intention was an anti anti Semitic intro to useful information.
Information possibly and was so indicated by readers, received,
digested/typed as Jewish information or NYC information. Further, if
you’re having problems here, the term softened dysfunctional reader’s
hard hides and narrow minds with something they would agree on
neurologically
From this we have the obligatory discussion led by people like you
seeking information or intent on enforcing their ideas on the general
public. Personally, the discussion is characteristically tedious.
Far from a crude slur, the subject line should be backed with a
musical or not as you hear it, fanfare.
Here in the GREAT NORTH WEST where we are asshole deep in
dysfunctional personalities, I was attacked following the last
objection, in a Jewish nayborhood by Jews. Following some kindnesses
to them which is in keeping.
I read the Times when clods there aren’t hassling me. They know I’m
here.
Old November 7th 11, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

On Nov 7, 8:23*am, kolldata wrote:
let's see. I used the subjet line for 2-3 years ? there's a search box
use it. The concept is un tediouys and anti anti semetic. From that
arises this discussion, which I find characteristically and
nuerologically, , tedious.

Far from anti semtic unless you are anti semtic, Hebeville is so cool
it should come with music.. A fanfare.

here at ground level in the exotic GREAT NORTH WEST, where I am
asshole deep in Jews and dysfunctional personalities of all types, I
was attacked shortly after this discussion appeared. Second time that
happened. There are other factors, all interpreted from a
dysfunctional narrow minded out of the mainstream culture.

I read the Times at breakfast when the clods there aren't insulting
me, plan continuing with the subject line.

thankyou *Senor Small

? the server disagrees. cute. if i doahn post the second time, no
posts post. if I post twive then the first try surfaces after 10-15
minutes.
Old November 8th 11, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 07:24:24 -0500, Duane Hebert
wrote:

On 11/7/2011 7:20 AM, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 19:53:54 -0800 (PST), Tom
wrote:

I grew up in the NY metro area, 'hebe' was widely, clearly
understood to be a slur word, it remains acknowledged to
be so today, to use it is crude, and using it over the net like
this rather than saying it in someone's presence is cowardly
while being crude.

Even if this was beaten to death last time, I for one don't
care to let this instance pass without comment.

Tom Ace

Interesting. Because the word hebe was used as a racial slur, by the
obviously uneducated, during your youth the word should never be
used?

Despite it's history for 1500, or so, years as a perfectly proper
name.

Hebe ~ noun

1. (Greek mythology) the goddess of youth and spring; wife of
Hercules; daughter of Zeus and Hera; cupbearer to the Olympian gods

bigot

1. a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing
from his own

Right. I'm sure the intent was "cup bearer to the Olympian gods" ville...

Nope. I'm pointing out that self definition of a word and a demand
that word should not be used at all is bigotry.

For example: Mr. Charley? Oreo? Whitebread? All can be used as
derogatory terms. Are we also to avoid there words?

--
John B.
Old November 8th 11, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 08:09:13 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

On Nov 7, 7:20 am, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 19:53:54 -0800 (PST), Tom Ace
wrote:

I grew up in the NY metro area, 'hebe' was widely, clearly
understood to be a slur word, it remains acknowledged to
be so today, to use it is crude, and using it over the net like
this rather than saying it in someone's presence is cowardly
while being crude.

Even if this was beaten to death last time, I for one don't
care to let this instance pass without comment.

Tom Ace

Interesting. Because the word hebe was used as a racial slur, by the
obviously uneducated, during your youth the word should never be
used?

Besides being a lame strawman, it's not even a good argument on your
terms.

Perhaps you're suggesting that racial slurs should be encouraged.
Racial slurs are lazy thinking and not appropriate in public, much
like masturbation.

Despite it's history for 1500, or so, years as a perfectly proper
name.

Hebe ~ noun

1. (Greek mythology) the goddess of youth and spring; wife of
Hercules; daughter of Zeus and Hera; cupbearer to the Olympian gods

bigot

1. a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing
from his own

Nice self-defining definition, John.
"I'm intolerant of prejudiced people that won't let me exercise my
right to be an intolerant prejudiced person."

Makes perfect sense.

NYC is the single most diverse area in the country, by far, and the
Jewish population, while much greater than some other areas, is not at
all a large percentage. There are more Chinese than Jews (at least in
the borough that the OP's link pointed to), more Catholics than Jews,
more blacks than Jews, more Hispanic than Jews, more...sheesh, you get
the point. So besides being bigoted, he's inaccurate, and that is
inexcusable.

But do people leap up and down and holler and shout when the hear the
word "Chinatown". As far as I know they don't or at least I have seen
the signs in Bangkok, Singapore and San Francisco and I don't hear
anyone screaming and throwing tantrums in those cities when they hear
the word. The former two at least, having a far greater percentage of
Chinese in their population then New York.

Colostomy*Data's attempting to be cute, is blind to his own bigotry
and has a shaky grasp of demographics in an area not his own. He
should stick with his new-to-the-language strange style of posting.
It's both cuter and less bigoted...and even sometimes accurate.

* Please note that I did not need to resort to a racial slur to
indicate that this type of KD's posts are ****e.

--
John B.
Old November 8th 11, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

wrote:

[...]

Why don't you go down to New Orlean's lower ninth ward and ask there.

Your analogy is a stretch at best.

Referring to the city of New York as a Jewish city is ignorant enough.
Referring to it in that way using a racial slur is racist.

Old November 8th 11, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RicodJour[_2_]

On Nov 7, 7:50*pm, John B. wrote:

But do people leap up and down and holler and shout when the hear the
word "Chinatown". As far as I know they don't or at least I have seen
the signs in Bangkok, Singapore and San Francisco and I don't hear
anyone screaming and throwing tantrums in those cities when they hear
the word. The former two at least, having a far greater percentage of
Chinese in their population then *New York.

This is your supporting argument? Sheesh. China is the name of the
country, not a slang slur. If those areas _had_ a derogatory name
like chinktown, you can be damn sure it would have been changed a long
time ago.

I'm not sure which I object to more, someone blithely insulting
people, or someone coming up with lame justifications for same.

Old November 8th 11, 12:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

wrote:

[...]

Lets see. The name Hebe (pronounced Hee-Bee) was the name of a minor
Greek goddess and as an eponym for youth and beauty for some 2,000
years.

Statues were made. In the U.S. Tarentum, Pennsylvania, US displays two
such statues of Hebe.In Vicksburg, Mississippi, the Bloom Fountain
installed in 1927 near the municipal rose garden, At Bowling Green,
Kentucky, the Hebe fountain in Fountain Square follows Canova's model,
and dates to 1881. Similar Hebe fountains, probably also from Mott,
are located in Court Square, Memphis, Tennessee and in Montgomery,
Alabama, and one of bronze was formerly the Starkweather Fountain in
Ypsilanti, Michigan, installed in 1889. There is also is a bronze
statue of Hebe, by Robert Thomas, in Birmingham city centre, England.
And Antonio Canova sculpted four different statues of Hebe: one of
them is in the Museum of Forle, Italy.

It is also listed as a girl's name although somewhat out of current
fashion and there is a Chinese actress and singer Hebe Tien.

A French lady Anne-Henriette Catherine TOUSTAIN D'HEBEVILLE ca 1700
who married a Louis DE BECDELIÃ, listed in Liste des patronymes
contenus dans la base genealogique, and even a Hebe Villa in Hong
Kong. And a Hebeville N.S. is listed in a report covering places
visited by the Canadian Minister of Agriculture on April 15, 1908..

But because a number of obviously ignorant and unread louts, for want
of a better word, invented what they thought was a new word "hebe" as
a derisive term for Jews the rest of the world should be ashamed and
never, never, use the word?

No sir. You are a bigot and not only a bigot but an arrogant one as
you seem to believe that your local term somehow has a meaning that is
accepted by the rest of the world. And even worse you stoop to
complaints to someone who uses the word hebeville not knowing, or
obviously not taking the trouble to find out, that there are at least
two places on this world that were named "Hebeville" long before the
word hebe was used in New York City.

I might interject the explanation a good friend used to explain the
difference between New York English and that spoken throughout the
rest of the U.S. "Jeet yet?"

--
John B.
Old November 8th 11, 12:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

wrote:

[...]

So if ANY word can be used in a sentence that has a completely different
meaning than that intended, it is acceptable in EVERY usage? So we
disregard the intent of the original statement?

You can call me a bigot all that you wish. Another attempt to show that
you somehow understand the English language better than I do. I prefer
the Webster definition of bigot:

*:* a person who is obstinately obstinate or intolerantly devoted to
his or her own opinions and prejudices; /especially/ *:* one who regards
or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with
hatred and intolerance

Read the "especially" part. Couching your complaint in some pseudo
intellectual posture does nothing to obscure the fact that you are
arguing against your own straw man. You are the one that is arrogant
enough to think that you can define what does or does not denigrate an
entire race of people.
Old November 8th 11, 12:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 19:42:52 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

On Nov 7, 7:50*pm, John B. wrote:

But do people leap up and down and holler and shout when the hear the
word "Chinatown". As far as I know they don't or at least I have seen
the signs in Bangkok, Singapore and San Francisco and I don't hear
anyone screaming and throwing tantrums in those cities when they hear
the word. The former two at least, having a far greater percentage of
Chinese in their population then *New York.

This is your supporting argument? Sheesh. China is the name of the
country, not a slang slur. If those areas _had_ a derogatory name
like chinktown, you can be damn sure it would have been changed a long
time ago.

I'm not sure which I object to more, someone blithely insulting
people, or someone coming up with lame justifications for same.

And, of course "hebe" is a derogatory term.... although the name was
in use long before New York existed? And that I can find two
references to a "hebeville", one in France and one in Canada?

Apparently to be politically correct one is required to avoid words
that originated with obviously ignorant and unlettered louts although
historically the term may have been a term or description used to
describe a young woman.

Or perhaps the problem is that you weren't aware of the origins of the
word and only knew the vulgar use?

--
John B.
Old November 8th 11, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bernmart

On Nov 6, 8:53*pm, Tom Ace wrote:
I grew up in the NY metro area, 'hebe' was widely, clearly
understood to be a slur word, it remains acknowledged to
be so today, to use it is crude, and using it over the net like
this rather than saying it in someone's presence is cowardly
while being crude.

Even if this was beaten to death last time, I for one don't
care to let this instance pass without comment.

Tom Ace

Nor do I. And I don't give a damn what a nice guy the poster "really"
is. He's being an offensive prick.