The demeanor of Mark Cavendish

Old July 14th 11, 04:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default The demeanor of Mark Cavendish

OK, it's Le Tour and, yes, I have watched it for more years than I care
to recount and, yes, I am a ****ing retard for watching as many stages
as I can from start to finish. Lack of a real life and all that, you see

After Cavendish's win on stage 11, I watched his interview and I thought
to meself that he's appeared to be a real genuine person! Yes, I have
previously had that opinion, but one doesn't really believe what one
sees unless there is corroborating evidence, eg someone who knows the
man personally, if you know what I mean.

In the last 50kms or so, there was commentary about how Cavendish was
gunning for the green jersey, but when he was told he had actually won
the green jersey, there appeared to be real surprise on Cavendish's part
that he had it. At that point, I thought to meself that Mark Cavendish
could really be a nice fellow to know, even in real life, that is, if
you know what I mean (I know, I know - I am starting to sound like
Sydney Slagg(?), that lawyer on the Hugh Monroe Variety Show on Channel
TVS, but that is another story).

I am reasonably certain that Cavendish is not after the yellow jersey
this year, but who knows? Maybe in the years to come?

Anybody think otherwise?
Old July 14th 11, 07:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
20cents

In article , Geoff Lock glock@home
wrote:

[...]

Cavendish acknowledges the efforts of his team and always goes straight
to them to thank them. This is better than a lot of sprinters in the
past.

Did you see the interview with Bernard Eisel after the stage where
Greipel beat Cavendish? Eisel is on the same team as Cavendish and was
disappointed that Cavendish did not win but he congratulated Greipel and
added words to the effect that Greipel was a nice bloke. You don't hear
those sort of comments about an opponent often.

cheers,
20cents
Old July 14th 11, 11:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 14/07/2011 4:30 PM, 20cents wrote:
In , Geoff Lockglock@home
wrote:

OK, it's Le Tour and, yes, I have watched it for more years than I care
to recount and, yes, I am a ****ing retard for watching as many stages
as I can from start to finish. Lack of a real life and all that, you see

Cavendish acknowledges the efforts of his team and always goes straight
to them to thank them. This is better than a lot of sprinters in the
past.

That's the weird thing about Cavendish. He talks like it is never just
solely him that wins the stage. I dunno if it is just him being
self-effacing or whether he means it.

Did you see the interview with Bernard Eisel after the stage where
Greipel beat Cavendish? Eisel is on the same team as Cavendish and was
disappointed that Cavendish did not win but he congratulated Greipel and
added words to the effect that Greipel was a nice bloke. You don't hear
those sort of comments about an opponent often.

No, I didn't catch the Eisel interview. I wouldn't be surprised that
Eisel would have been friendly towards Greipel as I understand tha they
were all in the same team once upon a time.
Old July 15th 11, 05:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

On Jul 14, 1:37*pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
[...]

Do you mean he might win the race? I'd be surprised. Although he has
every chance to hold yellow for a stage or two before the hills start.

Sprinters usually don't climb well. Not compared to TdF climbers
anyway. Compared to me, they're unbelievably quick uphills. ;p^)

Tony F

Congratulations to Mark Cavendish...... Luitenant Verkramp UK 3 July 6th 09 07:29 PM
Mark Cavendish Jack Ouzzi UK 10 August 19th 08 02:09 PM
Mark Cavendish the first [email protected] Racing 20 April 21st 08 03:00 AM
Stage 5: where's Mark Cavendish? D.M. Procida UK 2 July 20th 07 11:44 AM
Mark Cavendish Dan Gregory UK 0 May 10th 07 07:20 PM