Do you wear a helmet?

Old June 11th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
younguni

Default Do you wear a helmet?

sometimes. When I'm learning new tricks and riding off-road.

--
younguni
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

i should wear one more often... but i dont liek my helmet and it doesnt
like me

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

I'm almost only riding while playing UniHoki at the moment and wouldn't
even think of playing without a helmet.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

It depends for me.

If its muni, always.

if its street, only when I can find my helmet.

trials is 50 50.

freestyle, never.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

Spencer wrote:
well, at least I'm not drinking my own blood, I only drink other
people's blood...

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Aaron Egan

I ride in a gym doing freestyle mostly, so I never use a helmet.

--
Aaron Egan

It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

helmet, 661s and glove. Thats what I wear for general ridding, I don't
wear 661s/ helmet for wheel walking though.

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

brendan wrote:
i should wear one more often... but i dont liek my helmet and it doesnt
like me

time for a new friend?

--
thejdw

Old June 11th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
patmoore

saskatchewanian wrote:
I barely ever wear a helmet due to the fact that I can not find a helmet
large enough to properly fit my XL head plus dreads. When snowmobiling
a XXXL helmet still gives me headaches. If we need to wear helmets for
Ride The Lobster I will probably cut my hair.

We have one 'Bell Kinghead bike helmet'
(http://www.suburbansport.com/bekihe.html) left in stock (on sale) but
would have to charge extra to ship it to Canada.

And for the record I always wear a helmet. After breaking my hand a
couple of years ago I'm pretty careful about wearing wrist guards now
too.

--
patmoore

MY
GALLERY (\"HTTP://WWW.UNICYCLIST.COM/INDEX.PHP?PAGE=GALLERY&G2_ITEMID=193091\")
"When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
'Online uni sales at www.suburbansport.com'
(http://suburbansport.com/unicycles.html)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Always for MUni and Cokering, which is the vast majority of my riding.
Never for Freestyle (though maybe if I ever work on certain unfamiliar
tricks). Pretty much always for racing.

A helmet is protection. Not guaranteed protection for all crashes, but
nearly guaranteed *some level of* protection.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com

Wear that Helmet II .. or not MkTm Techniques 51 May 19th 07 07:57 PM
Reasons to wear a helmet no. 483 Richard UK 5 March 16th 05 01:33 PM
Wear that Helmet!! Ken Pisichko Rides 34 July 30th 04 08:35 PM
Wear a helmet... Colin Blackburn UK 2 June 11th 04 06:19 PM
Should I wear a helmet? blue girl with white hair and red eyes Techniques 995 December 12th 03 02:17 PM