Do you wear a helmet?

Old June 11th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Default Do you wear a helmet?

GILD wrote:
Yeah, braindamage.

-sharp-

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gkmac

I always wear a helmet and wrist-guards as a minimum, plus 661 4x4
knee/shin pads when any slightly technical terrain is involved. The
helmet may seem unnecessary to me, since I've yet to have a crash where
my head bangs on something.

But I wear a helmet simply because mountain bikers wear them too. It
may seem odd for the majority of the General Public to see me riding a
muni in the country, but the presence of the helmet should show them my
reason for riding, increase the respect and hopefully crush any
circus-related ideas they may have.

--
gkmac

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, take the pictures." - tomblackwood
"As it only hurts when you walk, will you be riding everywhere now?" -
mikepenton
"Well, not everything is as practical as making your cranks flip around
I guess." - Brian MacKenzie
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

I was riding along the prom (as usual) last week. I was going quite fast
(for me). Don't know what happened - momentary loss of concentration,
bump in the wrong place. Anyway, all of a sudden I was flying through
the air and the floor was coming up towards me very quickly. Too much
momentum, couldn't stop my head from hitting the floor after my body.
Ouch.

Some guys ran up to see if I was OK. I think I'd quite traumatised them
actually. They asked if I was OK and all I managed to say was "Thank
goodness I was wearing my helmet".

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iPod_therefore_iUni

Whoa... that could have been a serious situation if you weren't

yes i always wear my helmet incase something like that happens and also
incase any cops drive past.

--
iPod_therefore_iUni

SHUT UP AND UNI!
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 12th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

there are 3 situations in which i can see myself hitting my head while
unicycling.... so no helmet.....

1)backwards coasting
2)HSG
3)drive-by cannonball shooting......

--
hobo_chuck

its not easy being gold!
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 12th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Det-riot

cathwood wrote:
I was riding along the prom

what's a prom?

over here its a dance that usually happens for upperclassmen in the
spring

btw glad your ok!

--
Det-riot

Ducttape wrote:
sounds like he toook a feild trip to jail.... DON'T DROP THE SOAP
DUDE!!!

'MRIS!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/2486qk)
'1000th Post' (http://tinyurl.com/33shzt)
*R.I.P Johnny Hart*
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 12th 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

Pr'omenad' (http://tinyurl.com/2y7nuj)e.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 20th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
oldgeezers940

I never do when riding my 24 in. out on the trail...

i figure with this uni i'm always going about jogging speed and if i
slip on that flat trail i'll more than likely end up on my feet.

now when i get my coker, thats a different story...

--
oldgeezers940
http://www.usenet.com

Old July 20th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

I broke mine yesterday, by puting it on £39 helmet, £1 zip
tight

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com

Wear that Helmet II .. or not MkTm Techniques 51 May 19th 07 07:57 PM
Reasons to wear a helmet no. 483 Richard UK 5 March 16th 05 01:33 PM
Wear that Helmet!! Ken Pisichko Rides 34 July 30th 04 08:35 PM
Wear a helmet... Colin Blackburn UK 2 June 11th 04 06:19 PM
Should I wear a helmet? blue girl with white hair and red eyes Techniques 995 December 12th 03 02:17 PM