Another Cheap Buy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 3rd 21, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Another Cheap Buy

On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 9:50:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
You are the one that claimed that since Hoover and Kennedy did likewise previously that somehow Trump doing the same wasn't charity at all. You are so small that you were inferring that since these charities went through government agencies they weren't charities at all.

Trump gave his salary to government agencies. I have never ever thought of the US Federal Government as a charity. I do not know who Hoover and Kennedy gave their salary to. But I will assume, maybe incorrectly, that it was a charity such as Red Cross. Do you see the difference? Trump in affect worked for free. Sort of. He still took vacations every weekend to his various golf courses in New Jersey, Florida, and Scotland. And charged the government far more than he donated in "charity" for housing and feeding the secret service personnel that accompanied him. The federal government paid checks to Trump golf courses.

And here is an article saying Trump's golf outings cost the USA taxpayers $141 million dollars.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...wn/3718413001/

You are the one that claimed that Trump's kids got rich off of the government if Trump didn't.

I am very shocked by the following.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/01/the-...e-in-2019.html
"President Trump’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, who serves as Advisor to the President, and her husband, Jared Kushner, who serves as Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor, each forgo their White House salaries."

But before you start crowing too loudly, here is an article saying Ivanka and Jared made up to $135 million.
https://qz.com/1644848/how-much-does-ivanka-trump-make/

And an article saying the couple made up to $640 million.
https://www.citizensforethics.org/re...e-white-house/

I do not know if they made $135 or $640 million off their connections to the then President. But they made a lot.