Eddy Merckx Elite

Old April 2nd 21, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Eddy Merckx Elite

On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 7:59:39 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 06:37:09 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 10:14:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 07:14:24 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 2:36:54 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:13:28 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

As is usual, you forget to tell us how you would be able to tell
poor from good quality. Seems like the voters in your area decided
that you were a rather poor quality elected official. What has cheanged?
The topic has change.

And here I thought that SMS had just changed the subject to quality without specifying
what quality was or how he of all people could tell the difference. Or you.
For reference, what Steven wrote was:
I have a friend like this who constantly buys used,
poor quality, obsolete stuff, from smart phones to
computers to cars. She ends up spending far more than
she would if she bought quality new products, or even
quality used products. And of course she constantly
complains about what she purchased to anyone who will
listen. Like Tom, she's what we call a "kvetch."
While the word "quality" does appear in the text, it is in reference
to whether something purchased prematurely breaks or becomes unusable.
Since you asked for a definition of quality, methinks that should
suffice.
Why don't you tell me some more about how I couldn't have
done the things I said I did because I misspelled something?
Nice change of topic. The reason I won't tell you is that nothing I
wrote about your inability to recall the company names of two alleged
former employers will have an effect on any topic currently under
discussion. It was not a spelling error, but rather a failure to
recall the full company names, something I would not expect from an
alleged former employee of both companies.
Isn't that your idea of quality?
No. But it is a good demonstration of your lack of quality.

Topic drift: Incidentally, in another of your proclamations:
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/mWxNovvEDds/m/xw0lSUmPBgAJ
you mentioned that:
Got a call from my financial advisor today and he intends
to sell some small cap funds in a 401 account...
It's called a 401(k), not 401. By age 72, you are required to begin
distributing funds in your 401(k) accounts and paying the deferred
taxes. In theory, you should not have any 401(k) accounts after age
72, unless you have a Roth IRA which does not require distributions
until after you're dead. If you converted from a 401(k) to a Roth
IRA, you might have been paying 10% annual penalty on earnings, which
is an obvious incentive to begin distributions:
https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/retirement-plans-faqs-regarding-required-minimum-distributions
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/100314/whats-difference-between-401k-and-roth-ira.asp
I don't recall your exact age, but I do know that you're older than
me, and I'm 73 years old.

Hint: You can solve the problem by claiming that your "401 account" is
actually a "Roth IRA" and all will be forgiven except your lack of
investment expertise.

So now you know more about investing than a good financial advisor.
No wonder you're living in a rental.

Nice deflection towards a topic shift. Do we now discuss my real
estate dealings next or shall we return and continue with your alleged
401(k)? While it's possible at your age to still have a 401(k), I
think it rather unlikely. If it's of any interest, I had a tiny
401(k) left over from when I was working for a salary before 1983(?).
I think it was about $1,500. I just ignored it until 2018(?) when my
bank sent me a letter informing me that Federal law requires that I
will soon be required to close my retirement account and pay the
deferred taxes. The bank also offered to discuss various reinvestment
alternatives. I decided it was easiest (not best) to just cash in the
account, pay the taxes, and be done with it.

I've owned the house I'm currently living in since 1974:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1540-Jackson-Ave-Ben-Lomond-CA-95005/16155480_zpid/?view=public
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/home/
Since about 1976, I've owned and sold two rentals (at a profit
including taxes) mostly to cover my uninsured medical expenses.

However, you are correct that I don't know much about investing. I've
never been much of an investor having tried my luck on a small scale
and found it to be not worth the time and effort. I did ok with real
estate. For information on your alleged 401(k), I asked a retired
enrolled agent for an explanation of how it works, and then found the
necessary links by searching online.

Do you invent these changes of topic, misinformation and accusations
for the occasion, or do you have a computer program that does it for
you?

You don't keep up with things very well do you? I only have about $10,000 left in 401's. And Monday I have a meeting with the financial advisor to reinvest those in better returns. I'm very sure that you know everything there is to know about investments since you are asking a retired agent. That appears to be your methodology.
Old April 2nd 21, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 11:56:47 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 7:59:39 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Do you invent these changes of topic, misinformation and accusations
for the occasion, or do you have a computer program that does it for
you?

You don't keep up with things very well do you?

That's correct. I do not read everything that you post. I don't
think anyone else does either as it's rather difficult to stay up to
date when you unload so many messages in literally every thread.
Typically, I read about 1/3 of your fabrications. It would help if
posted a daily summary of your fabrications and proclamations.

I only have about $10,000 left in 401's.

It's called a 401(k). Please ask your financial advisor for
confirmation. Also ask him or her why you still have a 401(k) at your
age. See URL's that I previously posted.

And Monday I have a meeting with the financial advisor to reinvest
those in better returns.

Many happy returns to you. I was under the impression that you
predicted that the Biden administration was going to trash the
economy. Investing today in an economy that's going to tank seems
like a rather dubious proposition.

Incidentally, I know a great way to turn your $10,000 into several
trillion dollars. Invest in some of these:
https://www.google.com/search?q=zimbabwe+trillion&tbm=isch

I'm very sure that you know everything there is to know about
investments since you are asking a retired agent. That appears
to be your methodology.

Enrolled agent, also known as tax advisor. I assume you pay taxes on
your amassed wealth. Yes, that is my methodology. I prefer getting
information and advice from someone who spent most of their working
career preparing taxes and giving tax advice.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old April 2nd 21, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 07:59:32 -0700, Jeff Liebermann scribed:

However, you are correct that I don't know much about investing.

IMO, much investing is just gambling. at the best it is unning on a very
fast treadmill where one slip seems you come a cropper.

I've
never been much of an investor having tried my luck on a small scale and
found it to be not worth the time and effort.

The people I've talked to about, at best, only made a smallish loss. Very
few actually covered their losses plus expenses, but all tell stores of
the big score, i.e. the cheap shares they sold for a good profit.

I did ok with real estate.

I had the advantage of a discussion with my mother, who worked all her
life, who explained where the household income went and land values
surrounding the family home after the decades. I also had the advantage
of knowing how Dad's super(your 401K) was going to pay out and despite it
being a very genrous super scheme, if he lived to retirement, it was
obvious that 'land' was the better investment.

For information on your alleged 401(k), I asked a retired
enrolled agent for an explanation of how it works, and then found the
necessary links by searching online.

When I look at super/401K, it was obviously a rort(salesman's never
ending commissions) and pyramid scheme. Hence, my decision to save the
cents and buy land. The first was to live one, then windfalls and judcious
choices gave us the rest which bring renatl income.

YMMV

Old April 2nd 21, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Do you even know what 401(k) means? I'll give you a couple of days to go through the IRS laws and be able to fake your way through it.
Old April 3rd 21, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 15:53:50 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Do you even know what 401(k) means? I'll give you a couple of
days to go through the IRS laws and be able to fake your way
through it.

Nope. Since you've already decided that whatever I explain will be
considered "fake", I really don't want to waste the effort. Besides,
you will probably ignore whatever I write and then change the subject
(again) anyway. For sake of this discussion, pretend I don't know
what 401(k) means and then please tell us what you know about 401(k).
After that, you can tell us everything you know about investing,
deferred taxes, and the difference between a 401(k) and a Roth IRA.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old April 3rd 21, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

Do you even know what 401(k) means? I'll give you a couple of
days to go through the IRS laws and be able to fake your way
through it.

Nope. Since you've already decided that whatever I explain will be
considered "fake", I really don't want to waste the effort. Besides,
you will probably ignore whatever I write and then change the subject
(again) anyway. For sake of this discussion, pretend I don't know
what 401(k) means and then please tell us what you know about 401(k).
After that, you can tell us everything you know about investing,
deferred taxes, and the difference between a 401(k) and a Roth IRA.

The second you started repeating "401(k)" I knew that you had absolutely no idea what you were talking about. When you continue to make a fool of yourself you should at least recognize what you look like.
Old April 3rd 21, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

wrote:

Do you even know what 401(k) means? I'll give you a couple of
days to go through the IRS laws and be able to fake your way
through it.

Nope. Since you've already decided that whatever I explain will be
considered "fake", I really don't want to waste the effort. Besides,
you will probably ignore whatever I write and then change the subject
(again) anyway. For sake of this discussion, pretend I don't know
what 401(k) means and then please tell us what you know about 401(k).
After that, you can tell us everything you know about investing,
deferred taxes, and the difference between a 401(k) and a Roth IRA.

The second you started repeating "401(k)" I knew that you had
absolutely no idea what you were talking about.

Yep. 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k),
401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k),
401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k),
401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k), 401(k)...
Is that sufficient to reinforce my previous statement that I know very
little about 401(k). Please consult your financial advisor or the IRS
web site I previously cited, for authoritative advice.

I was hoping that you knew more about 401(k) plans and could therefore
expound on how they work, but I guess not. However, I did find a
reasonable substitute. I just watched a YouTube video from CNBC,
which provided some good information:
"How 401(k) Plans Work And Why They Killed Pensions"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfeL8uX_D-c (12:25)
I learned a few things.

When you continue to make a fool of yourself you should at least
recognize what you look like.

You might want to poll the few remaining R.B.T. readers who read your
rubbish to compare your lack of credibility with my foolishness. Two
sides of the same coin? There are free poll and survey web sites
available that can do this efficiently. Be sure to also ask how many
rideable bicycles the reader owns. I'm rather curious as you seem to
own more than most. If you weigh the results with the number of
bicycles one owns, you would certainly win the poll.

Onward to get vaccinated (1st shot) this afternoon.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old April 3rd 21, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

Hey, I got my first shot last week. My wife was persistent, the OHA made scheduling mistakes, and we jumped the line . . . I think (or they may have just moved dates back due to increased supply). Anyway, with all the carping about "I'm the government and here to help," etc., etc., the government did a hell of a job. The longest part of the whole herd event was getting out of the parking garage at the convention center, which was a scrum. No pain (needles have gotten so sharp these days -- getting vaccinated as a kid was like getting an injection with a lug wrench), no side effects, super-fast line and nice people, and a return visit scheduled. I hear the second dose is the one with side effects because of the immune response from the first dose, but none of my friends have had any serious problems. I want my vaccine passport so I can become a jet-setter. And free doughnuts! https://krispykreme.com/promos/vaccineoffer

-- Jay Beattie.

Old April 3rd 21, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

I got my first shot 4 weeks ago. Second shot half of May, appointment already made. Can’t wait. No side effect whatsoever.

Lou
Old April 3rd 21, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Well you find yourself incapable of passing up any posting of mine. Guess you can't even tell that either.

Eddy Merckx?? cciaffone[_3_] Marketplace 0 August 8th 12 05:34 PM
Eddy Merckx EX-1 62 cm Tom Kunich Marketplace 1 August 20th 08 06:38 PM
Eddy Merckx SC team frame, fork, Campagnolo hidden headset & Merckx seatpost clamp [email protected] Marketplace 0 September 13th 06 02:46 AM
Eddy Merckx Steve McGinty Racing 10 October 14th 04 03:40 AM
GP Eddy Merckx Colin Boyd Racing 3 August 23rd 04 07:01 PM