Eddy Merckx Elite

Old March 17th 21, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Eddy Merckx Elite

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 18:03:16 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 7:33:25 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 06:47:23 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich

And yet, from your own posts:
You still live in your mother's house, apparently never have been able
to buy your own.

John B.

Well, to stick up for Tom, he does live in California, in the SF Bay area. And I suspect since the time his momma bought a house, house prices have increased by 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 times. So I'm guessing its probably impossible for almost everyone except Mark Zuckerberg to buy a house out there. And all the kids live in their momma's basements. Except southern California where they build houses without basements. There the kids have to live in the garage or gardening shed. Or maybe a Muammar Gaddafi tent in the backyard.

Tom was born in 1944, according to the Internet. He never finished
high school and enlisted in the Air force so he should have been home
and working in, about 1966, some 55 years ago.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old March 17th 21, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 6:44:57 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/16/2021 8:03 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 7:33:25 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 06:47:23 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich

And yet, from your own posts:
You still live in your mother's house, apparently never have been able
to buy your own.

John B.

Well, to stick up for Tom, he does live in California, in the SF Bay area. And I suspect since the time his momma bought a house, house prices have increased by 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 times. So I'm guessing its probably impossible for almost everyone except Mark Zuckerberg to buy a house out there. And all the kids live in their momma's basements. Except southern California where they build houses without basements. There the kids have to live in the garage or gardening shed. Or maybe a Muammar Gaddafi tent in the backyard.

You make a good point:

https://compasscaliforniablog.com/wh...-25-years-ago/

The area of my home is one of the highest rental properties so home prices remain low relative to other parts of the county. The $750,000 my home would bring couldn't even get me a condo in the better parts of the county. So here I remain. Besides my, taxes are retained by Proposition 13 which the county counsel wants to eliminate so that they can quintuple the taxes like the other counties in the area. Presently they are $3,000 a year.
Old March 17th 21, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On 3/16/2021 8:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

I was curious why the cups I got for the Merckx almost fell through the BB and then fiddling with the numbers figures out that there is about 2 mm difference in the inside diameter of British and Italian BB's I had never though about that before.
Old March 17th 21, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/16/2021 8:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

Wow.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 17th 21, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On 3/16/2021 8:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

Tel us Frank - did you ever think of that? Rather than just putting Italian threaded Bottom Brackets into Italian shells and British bottom brackets into British sells, you sat around and calculated the difference as it you could somehow fit reverse threads into each other? Most people would consider that foolish and you've proven more than once that term applies in spades to you. How much money are you worth Frank? Do you have enough to pay subsidies to illegal aliens? Do you believe that your school is going to be able to continue paying your retirement after they go broke?
Old March 17th 21, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 3/16/2021 8:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

Eddy Merckx bicycles aren't Italian... they are made in Belgium. I
guess you will have to locate a Belgium Bottom Bracket.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old March 17th 21, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On 3/16/2021 8:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

Show us more of your overwhelming intelligence John, I'm sure that somewhere out there, there is bound to be someone stupid enough to read your gibberish and see it as funny.
Old March 17th 21, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

Default OT: silly little tommy humour bypass. Eddy Merckx Elite

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 16:08:10 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 4:02:21 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 08:58:38 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich

I was curious why the cups I got for the Merckx almost fell through
the BB and then fiddling with the numbers figures out that there is
about 2 mm difference in the inside diameter of British and Italian
BB's I had never though about that before.

Eddy Merckx bicycles aren't Italian... they are made in Belgium. I
guess you will have to locate a Belgium Bottom Bracket.

Show us more of your overwhelming intelligence John, I'm sure that
somewhere out there, there is bound to be someone stupid enough to read
your gibberish and see it as funny.

VBG.

Old March 18th 21, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/16/2021 8:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

Mr Merckx had Ugo DeRosa set up the facility once he had
bought back the rights to his name. Everything was Italian-
Marchetti+Lange fixtures, Cinelli cast frame parts, Columbus
tube etc and of course Italian spec threading.

Belgians are two nations trapped in the same country.
Bicycle factories in recent memory produced French metric
frames (Flemish) and BSC (Walloons) concurrently. Italian
makes as much sense as anything else in Belgium.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Eddy Merckx?? cciaffone[_3_] Marketplace 0 August 8th 12 05:34 PM
Eddy Merckx EX-1 62 cm Tom Kunich Marketplace 1 August 20th 08 06:38 PM
Eddy Merckx SC team frame, fork, Campagnolo hidden headset & Merckx seatpost clamp [email protected] Marketplace 0 September 13th 06 02:46 AM
Eddy Merckx Steve McGinty Racing 10 October 14th 04 03:40 AM
GP Eddy Merckx Colin Boyd Racing 3 August 23rd 04 07:01 PM