Crazy eBay offers

Old April 9th 21, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Crazy eBay offers

On 4/8/2021 3:53 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip

Is that the correct listing? We want to know.

Sorting the available Emonda bicycles by price:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=emonda
We find that there are 24 out of 53 bicycles selling for less than
your $3,500 asking price. There are two machines offered for $10,000
each. One is also asking $1,000 for shipping:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164545474696
We suggest you raise your asking price.

The other listings are more specific as to which Emonda model that is
being offered. If I were a buyer I would expect that when the sub-model
isn't specified that it's the lowest-end model. If this is not the case
then he should modify his listing to be more specific so buyers know
what they're getting.
Old April 9th 21, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 15:26:41 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich

"Trek Emonda 60 cm Ultegra Di2"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda-60-cm-Ultegra-Di2/294106726321
$3,500 + $150 shipping.

Did you find that Emonda the same size with Ultegra manual shifting parts on it for twice that price? No, I didn't think that you would mention it if you had.

--
Jeff Liebermann
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Why didn't you show this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda...AOSwzWxgbQ1 6

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Trek-E...AOSwgCtgbnl n

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Trek-E...AOSwKNVga2m J

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Trek-E...AOSwxBdgbkD 2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Trek-E...AOSw96Ff8di R

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Trek-E...AOSwOnVgNoL z

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Trek-E...Cclp%3A2334524

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-2020-E...AOSwRbJgY0L 8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Trek-E...AOSwUepftuc b

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Trek-E...AOSwUepftuc b

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda...AOSwEelgQ~1 H

There are pages and pages more. Why didn't you mention them? Everyone of these is asking my price of more. Some, a LOT more. But when you can hide that you will won't you?
Old April 9th 21, 12:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 15:51:37 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 4/8/2021 3:11 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip

It was a difficult 5 minute search, but I think I found it. Is it
this one?

"Trek Emonda 60 cm Ultegra Di2"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda-60-cm-Ultegra-Di2/294106726321
$3,500 + $150 shipping.

There were several different Emonda variants in 2018. At $3500 for a
used one with no warranty presumably it's the Émonda SLR ($6500 new),
but the listing doesn't say.

"New 2018 Trek Emonda SLR & SL - Ten Things to Know"
https://www.bikeexchange.com/blog/trek-emonda-2018-ten-things-to-know
Item #10 is a chart of various 2018 Emonda models and associated MSRP.

Model US MSRP
Émonda SLR 9 $11,000
Émonda SLR 8 Disc $7,000
Émonda SLR 8 $6,500
Émonda SLR 6 Disc $5,500
Émonda SLR 6 $5,000
Émonda SL 7 $4,500
Émonda SL 6 Disc $2,999
Émonda SL 6 Pro TBD
Émonda SL 6 $2,500
Émonda SL 5 $2,000
Émonda SL 5 Women's $2,000

I can't tell if it's a 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 model.

A rule of thumb for used bicycles in person to person sales isthat it's
worth 60% of the new MSRP at the time (if the used bike is in pristine
condition) and upgrades do not improve the value. So $6500 * 0.60 =
$3900, so $3650 is not unreasonable considering the cosmetic damage that
is noted. But if it's a lower-end model then the price is high.

I would think that the Di2 shifters would add quite a bit to the
value.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old April 9th 21, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

I will ask you again, why didn't you cite those 11 others that I cited that were asking as much or a whole lot more than me and ONE OF THEM WAS NOTHING BUT A FRAMESET. So tell us that you are so much of an authority that you know that the "bike exchange" is the slightest authority? That sounds an awful lot like Frank saying that I didn't get hit in the head with a tree branch because he could find a dateless picture of the area on Google Earth.

One of the real problems with you is that whatever your medical problems are they have stopped your entire mind from having the ability to work.

ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF IT IS ON THE INTERNET IT IS NOTHNG BUT THE TRUTH!!!.

What a mindless fool.
Old April 9th 21, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 16:16:33 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Why didn't you show this?

Because they have NOTHING to do with your pricing. I offered no
opinion on pricing because I don't know anything about high end
bicycles. There are others that can and probably will offer their
opinions and assistance.

Look at the 11 URL's you listed below. Notice that each item includes
the exact Trek Emonda model number as part of the title and URL. Well,
the first one only has "SLR" and doesn't include the full model
number. From the title of the remaining 10 listings, I can determine
the exact Trek model number. I can't do that from your listing. I'll
assume that this was an accidental omission.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda...A/384081842482
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Trek-E...5/164802619063
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Trek-E...2/274747688060
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Trek-E...9/274750364031
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Trek-E...m/254824560108
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Trek-E...m/353398357771
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Trek-E...A/164545474696
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-2020-E...s/224405902276
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Trek-E...3/274582759679
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Trek-E...3/274582759679
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda...2/265079365273

Your listing does NOT have anything that could clearly identify the
model number to me or a prospective buyer:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda-60-cm-Ultegra-Di2/294106726321
All I know is that it's an "Emonda". Fix your listing.

There are pages and pages more.
Why didn't you mention them?

Because I can't compare them with your listing without knowing the
exact model number of your Trek.

Everyone of these is asking my price of more. Some, a LOT more.
But when you can hide that you will won't you?

Hide what from whom? Every buyer does comparison shopping with
similarly priced bicycles, but lower and higher. I only provide YOUR
asking price. How would including 11 other listings and prices made
any difference? Were you expecting 11 other higher prices to make
your bicycle look like a bargain? No prospective buyer with that kind
of money to spend is going to be that stupid.

Old April 9th 21, 02:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 3:51:47 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 4/8/2021 3:11 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip
It was a difficult 5 minute search, but I think I found it. Is it
this one?

"Trek Emonda 60 cm Ultegra Di2"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda-60-cm-Ultegra-Di2/294106726321
$3,500 + $150 shipping.

There were several different Emonda variants in 2018. At $3500 for a
used one with no warranty presumably it's the Émonda SLR ($6500 new),
but the listing doesn't say.

Nope, Tom's bike is just an SL6 with UDi2 instead of the OE Ultegra cable. It was not built for Di2. It does have nice Ultegra brakes rather than the OE Bontrager brakes. It has a bunch of sketchy Chi-carbon stuff. The closest current bike would be an SL7, but that bike is made for electronic and has discs and other things going for it. The carbon has also changed, IIRC. Tom's bike is $600 -1,000 overpriced -- plus I thought he had sold it. No?

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 9th 21, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 15:51:37 -0700, sms scribed:

On 4/8/2021 3:11 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip

It was a difficult 5 minute search, but I think I found it. Is it this
one?

"Trek Emonda 60 cm Ultegra Di2"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda-60-cm-Ultegra-Di2/294106726321
$3,500 + $150 shipping.

There were several different Emonda variants in 2018. At $3500 for a
used one with no warranty presumably it's the Émonda SLR ($6500 new),
but the listing doesn't say.

A rule of thumb for used bicycles in person to person sales isthat it's
worth 60% of the new MSRP at the time (if the used bike is in pristine
condition) and upgrades do not improve the value.

Pfillel, I'll go with the 60%, but 'upgrades' are worth zilch, unless the
buyer really, rally wants that upgrade. Remember an 'upgrade' takes
something away before t put something back and it may not be 'extra'.

Old April 9th 21, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 16:30:48 -0700, Jeff Liebermann scribed:

I would think that the Di2 shifters would add quite a bit to the value.

Only to a clueless buyer. Mixed Di2 parts should be a clanging bell to
look elsewhere.

Old April 9th 21, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 4/8/2021 6:01 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Well the SL6 without Di2 had an MSRP of $2500. Trying to get $3650, even
with the Di2 added, would be a real stretch, he'd have to luck out and
find an extremely clueless buyer.

Figure 60% of ($2500 + $1200). If he can get $2400, including shipping,
he should take it and run, but I suspect that $2000-2200 would be about
the best he could do.
Old April 9th 21, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 18:01:08 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

Tom's bike is $600 -1,000 overpriced -- plus I thought he had sold it. No?
-- Jay Beattie.

No. It was previously listed on Craigslist, but didn't sell.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/san-leandro-2018-trek-emonda-sl6-with/7284847343.html
"This posting has been deleted by its author."