Crazy eBay offers

Old April 11th 21, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Crazy eBay offers

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 9:15:00 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 4/10/2021 8:37 AM, wrote:

snip
Above you state "So it isn't as if I overprice my stuff." And above you also state "I listed my Emonda on eBay two days ago and I've already had two offers on it." Why haven't you sold your bike? We have supply, your bike.. We have demand, the two offers. Supply and demand, capitalism. What don't we have? A mutually agreeable price?

Nothing anyone says here will convince him that he is asking too much.

Eventually it will sell, if he really wants to get rid of it and is
willing to accept an appropriate offer. And it only takes one person
that is willing to overpay for him to sell it.

You see this all the time on craigslist, Nextdoor, and eBay. Many people
base their price on what they paid for something, or on the MSRP, not
understanding how most used stuff loses a big percentage of its value.
Then they get extremely defensive if anyone points out that the reason
something isn't selling is that they priced it way too high.

It's common to see used bicycles priced very high. I saw a 1980's Fuji
Sundance mountain bike, a model I once owned, advertised for $500 on
Nextdoor. It was $425, new, 35 years ago. It had those U brakes, with
the rear brake down by the bottom bracket. I donated mine to a
non-profit that takes under-privileged kids mountain biking "Trips for
Kids."

With used bicycles the other issue is that someone trying to save money
on a high-end bicycle could just go to a bicycle shop at the end of the
model year when they have big sales and get 25-35% off the remaining
stock. I know it would drive Trek and Specialized dealers crazy when the
manufacturer began clearing out inventory and offering shops really low
wholesale prices because the dealers were often stuck with inventory
that they paid much higher prices for and had to sell that inventory at
lower prices too.

You can Google the closeout sales for the Emonda SL6 for 2019. The first
result I got the shop was selling the 2019 Emonda SL6 Pro for $3199.99.
You would get the full warranty. But no added Di2. When you're pricing a
used item you can't just go by the MSRP of the item when it was
introduced, you have to look at the street price of item that shops were
actually selling it for.

Can you suggest why you're trying to Jew me down? Is this a bike you want to buy at a bargain basement price?
Old April 11th 21, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 11:06:28 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 4/10/2021 10:00 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 11:27:41 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 4/10/2021 8:55 AM, wrote:
But the really questionable part is the ad has this quote "Di2 shifting is absolutely the best." Now we all know Tom has posted many, many, many times about how awful and terrible and horrible Di2 is. So this would be an outright lie. And we know Tom/Trump does not lie!
LOL, the real question is does Tom/Trump ever tell the truth! But
actually, Di2, factory installed, does shift really well. A kludged Di2
setup maybe not so well.

I own a 7970 Di2 equipped bike. Set up and installed by Me, Myself, and I. And it shifts perfectly times ten.

Yes, properly installed after-market stuff is fine when you're not
kludging together incompatible parts. I installed disc brakes on my
mountain bike and they work fine since the wheels and frame were setup
for discs already (it's an old Marin Bear Valley).

But remember, Tom is not an engineer and he doesn't have the same
mindset when it comes to mechanical or electrical devices.

Why don't you tell us what qualifications you have for anything. Barely one term in office shows us clearly your political qualifications.
Old April 11th 21, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 11:38:46 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 13:47:54 -0700, sms
wrote:
On 4/9/2021 12:51 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip

This mind dead idiot tried the link you posted and found that it wants
me to login to Craigslist. Of course your "old" listings would appear
if you logged in first. Try logging out and tell us what you see.
Otherwise, the public link to your Emonda at:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/san-leandro-2018-trek-emonda-sl6-with/7284847343.html
shows a message that you deleted the listing.

LOL, I don't think he realizes that the links for viewing a craigslist
listing, and managing the listing, are very different.

Well, he does now. It's a common problem. I like to use two
computers when I make changes to my web pile or online photo albums.
On one machine, I login to my site and do the necessary additions and
editing. On the other machine, I do NOT login and look at the results
as seen by the rest of the world. It's especially useful for Google
Photos (or whatever it's called this week), where I frequently screw
up the permissions for individual users and groups.

Let us know if you need help learning how Craigslist works and how to
post a photo on any of the major free photo album sites. We recommend
Flickr (free to 1000 photos):
https://www.flickr.com

You can also create a sub-directory on Google Drive, and upload and
share photos.

Yes, that's also a good alternative. I rather like Flickr because I
can post large high resolution photos, and let the viewer decide the
size to view.

I'll be out of service for a day or two while I recover from yet
another case of food poisoning from my own cooking. Time to destroy
the kitchen and sanitize or replace everything. You can tell us how
to do that after your next topic change.

You should fire that cook if he doesn't know how to safely cook stuff.

That's what everyone says. The only reason I'm still alive was that
before the pandemic, I was often eating at restaurants and diners. I'm
a lousy cook hate doing dishes. However, the pandemic has closed the
restaurants, take-out seems a little risky, and delivery is boring,
overpriced and of radically variable quality. Also, I live
sufficiently far away from civilization that the usual delivery
services decline to deliver. So, I'm forced to eat my own cooking
which is mostly nicrowaved and packaged in a can, bag, or box.
Diagnosing my own problem, my remaining possible culprits are an
allergy to something in pepperoni pizza, a gall bladder problem, a
refrigeration failure, or a kitchen sanitation (i.e. cutting board)
problem.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however
improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Incidentally, I somehow lost 6 lbs in 2 days. Food poisoning is a
rather nasty and painful way to lose weight, but it does seem to work.
However, I wouldn't go so far as to recommend it.
You and Jay arguing with posters like Tom reminds me of the alleged Mark
Twain quote, “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to
their level and beat you with experience.” Why don't you just filter him
out, as most of us have done, and spend the time doing something more
productive.

If I had to justify my actions based on how useful or productive they
might be, I would never accomplish anything. I waste time and money
doing something I find entertaining quite often. Trying to convert
Tom into a reasonable person is what I do for entertainment. The
alternative would be Netflix or Disney, which I believe are less
entertaining. Also, if you've ever run a small business, arguing with
idiot employees, customers, and service providers, is a mandatory
skill. I assume politics is much the same. Arguing at his level is
not a problem for me. I consider it a major personal accomplishment
to be able to debate at all levels.

What makes arguing with Tom a suitable challenge is that unlike most
people, Tom is completely impervious to logic and oblivious to facts.
I've never had the honor of debating with somewhat like that and find
the challenge rather entertaining. It's much like target practice. I
take a shot at the target, and Tom moves the target. Shooting at a
fixed target is boring. A moving target is more fun.

I actually took Sir Ridesalot's advice and tried to ignore Tom. I
lasted about a week before I couldn't stand it any longer and felt
obligated to correct at least some of Tom's accumulated errors. I
might try ignoring him again later, but for now, the entertainment
value is too high to resist.
--
Jeff Liebermann
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Food poisoning is very difficult to get in this day and age. It is very unlikely it has anything to do wiyh you own cooking.
Old April 11th 21, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/11/2021 12:25 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

Can you suggest why you're trying to Jew me down? Is this a bike you want to buy at a bargain basement price?

I don't think I'm hyper-sensitive to ethnic or racist comments. But I
find the phrase "Jew me down" to be offensive.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 11th 21, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 11:58:52 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/11/2021 12:25 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

Can you suggest why you're trying to Jew me down? Is this a bike you want to buy at a bargain basement price?

I don't think I'm hyper-sensitive to ethnic or racist comments. But I
find the phrase "Jew me down" to be offensive.

Since my mother's father was an Austrian Jew I couldn't care less what your stupid pretend offenses are. For my first several years I spoke Yiddish almost as well as English. Perhaps you should get your ignorant head out of your ignorant left wing ass.
Old April 12th 21, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 10:07:15 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

Why don't you tell us what qualifications you have for anything. Barely
one term in office shows us clearly your political qualifications.

Err, at your age you should well and truly know that you don't need
qualfications to run for a political position. just someone to fill in
the appropriate paper work, similar to what Trump did every time he went
to vote.

Old April 12th 21, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 12:18:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
it. One day, a friend arrived with her new 6 ft something tall
boyfriend in tow. He begged me to sell him the bicycle as he was
having no luck finding a cheap large frame bicycle in his size. Just
one problem. He was flat broke and deep in debt. So, I gave it to
him (after catching up on the deferred maintenance). I later
regretted that decision when I discovered that there is a small but
well paying market for very large size bicycles. Oh well.
--
Jeff Liebermann

It was a friend. Or the boyfriend of a friend. So take some solace in that act of generosity.
Old April 12th 21, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 11:25:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Can you suggest why you're trying to Jew me down? Is this a bike you want to buy at a bargain basement price?

Just to add some political correctness into the conversation. When I was a kid, 40 years ago!!!!!!! It was very common to hear the term "Jew me down" or something similar with the name Jew in it. I am aware of the stereotypes that originated this phrase. But until Tom wrote the above line, I had not heard the term "Jew me down" for decades probably. Everything changes over time.
Old April 13th 21, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 4:19:50 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 4/12/2021 1:35 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 11:25:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Can you suggest why you're trying to Jew me down? Is this a bike you want to buy at a bargain basement price?

Just to add some political correctness into the conversation. When I was a kid, 40 years ago!!!!!!! It was very common to hear the term "Jew me down" or something similar with the name Jew in it. I am aware of the stereotypes that originated this phrase. But until Tom wrote the above line, I had not heard the term "Jew me down" for decades probably. Everything changes over time.

Or nothing changes over time for those that worshiped our previous
presoident.

And nothing ever changes with you Woke crowd that honestly believe that communist is the only way to go.