how to identify a tubeless tire?

Old November 5th 04, 12:40 PM
Timo

Default how to identify a tubeless tire?

I have no experience with tubeless tires. Looking at an inflated tire on the
wheel, how do you know if it's a tubeless tire?
Thanks
Timo

Old November 5th 04, 01:13 PM
John Harlow

Timo wrote:
I have no experience with tubeless tires. Looking at an inflated tire
on the wheel, how do you know if it's a tubeless tire?

It's the one still holding air after the ride.

Old November 5th 04, 01:25 PM
Timo

But if the ride hasn't begun yet? ;-)
Timo

Old November 5th 04, 01:38 PM
GeeDubb

John Harlow wrote:
Timo wrote:
I have no experience with tubeless tires. Looking at an inflated tire
on the wheel, how do you know if it's a tubeless tire?

It's the one still holding air after the ride.

Not in Arizona.

Slime tubes are the only ones still holding air after the ride (or a
tubeless filled with slime).

Gary(carry spare tubes with tubeless tires)

Old November 5th 04, 01:51 PM
di

"Timo" wrote in message
I have no experience with tubeless tires. Looking at an inflated tire on

the
wheel, how do you know if it's a tubeless tire?
Thanks
Timo

It will say "UST" on the sidewall somewhere

Old November 5th 04, 02:25 PM
John Harlow

Timo wrote:
But if the ride hasn't begun yet? ;-)
Timo

It will usually say UST or Tubeless, and the spoke nipples and filler valve
base will be fixed to the wheel - they will look larger than tubed wheels.

Old November 5th 04, 08:45 PM
Pih Stof

"Timo" wrote in message
I have no experience with tubeless tires. Looking at an inflated tire on

the
wheel, how do you know if it's a tubeless tire?

Unless it's UST, there's no way of knowing by eyeballing it.

Dave

Old November 5th 04, 10:37 PM
Nate

Timo wrote:
I have no experience with tubeless tires. Looking at an inflated tire
on the wheel, how do you know if it's a tubeless tire?

It's the one still holding air after the ride.

That's quite the Vandeman style response. You also forgot the "duh"...
Old November 6th 04, 01:55 PM
TJ

"Timo" wrote in message
I have no experience with tubeless tires. Looking at an inflated tire on
the
wheel, how do you know if it's a tubeless tire?
Thanks
Timo

Okay It is real easy. The tire does not have a tube in it. Pretty easy
huh?

www.yestubes.com

TJ
www.fatboy.s5.com

Old November 6th 04, 03:05 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Okay It is real easy. The tire does not have a tube in it. Pretty
easy huh?

Now that's just silly.

All you do is point at it and say, "Yes officer, that's the one."

Bill "tread print will confirm" S.