Carpocalypse

Old March 13th 19, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Carpocalypse

On 13/03/2019 16:24, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 09:42:56 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 12/03/2019 23:33, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 23:30:01 -0000, TMS320 wrote:
On 12/03/2019 22:59, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Since global warming is utter bull****, no.

Incorrect. The world is warming. The argument is over whether humans
are
contributing to it.

And whether it matters.* So some countries get better crops, some get
worse, who cares?

People that have nothing to eat will. When we have wiped ourselves out
the planet will still be a rock in space and bacteria and fungus will
evolve to clean up the mess we made.

Utter ****ing bull****.

I only suggested what will happen when/if we wipe ourselves out. People
talk about "saving the planet". That is the bull**** bit - the planet
will save itself.

Russia could get warm enough to grow crops
where they currently can't for example.* Deserts could become wetter and
grow crops.* You're just pulling things out of thin air.

It might... or might not.

The climate has always and will always change.* See "ice age" on
google. It's not the end of the world, just like a bit of wind isn't.
I've got a severe weather warning here and my shed hasn't even blown
down.

Weather and climate are different things.

But we can't predict either of them.

One is daily local fluctuations, the other is a world trend over decades
and centuries. It is easier to make predictions from trends.

This insignificant little
island doesn't have severe weather. It's amazing how worked up we get
about a bit of drizzle.

It's amazing how people all over the world get worked up about a change
that would have happened without our intervention anyway.* You never
know, what if it cancels out an ice age and saves us?

You never know... or do you?

Two possibilities: things work out well for us or they don't work out
well. Analysis is more likely to achieve the first outcome than sticking
your fingers in your ears.
Old March 13th 19, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 18:01:01 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

[...]

Now you're being pedantic, either for comic effect or because you're stupid.

Russia could get warm enough to grow crops
where they currently can't for example. Deserts could become wetter and
grow crops. You're just pulling things out of thin air.

It might... or might not.

Every place will change one way or another, if it changes at all. There will be places to grow crops, but not necessarily in the same countries. So only a political problem then.

The climate has always and will always change. See "ice age" on
google. It's not the end of the world, just like a bit of wind isn't.
I've got a severe weather warning here and my shed hasn't even blown
down.

Weather and climate are different things.

But we can't predict either of them.

One is daily local fluctuations, the other is a world trend over decades
and centuries. It is easier to make predictions from trends.

It might be easier to try, but it's not easier to get it right. Statisticians seemed to have made you believe their religion.

This insignificant little
island doesn't have severe weather. It's amazing how worked up we get
about a bit of drizzle.

It's amazing how people all over the world get worked up about a change
that would have happened without our intervention anyway. You never
know, what if it cancels out an ice age and saves us?

You never know... or do you?

Two possibilities: things work out well for us or they don't work out
well. Analysis is more likely to achieve the first outcome than sticking
your fingers in your ears.

Analysis is a waste of time and money. The climate will do whatever it does, we adapt to whatever it does. We already have people living in countries with VASTLY different climates. They all manage just fine.
Old March 13th 19, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

wrote:
On 12/03/2019 22:59, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Since global warming is utter bull****, no.

Incorrect. The world is warming. The argument is over whether
humans are contributing to it.

And whether it matters. So some countries get better crops, some
get worse, who cares?

People that have nothing to eat will. When we have wiped ourselves
out the planet will still be a rock in space and bacteria and
fungus will evolve to clean up the mess we made.

The climate has always and will always change. See "ice age" on
google. It's not the end of the world, just like a bit of wind
isn't. I've got a severe weather warning here and my shed hasn't
even blown down.

Weather and climate are different things.

This insignificant little island doesn't have severe weather. It's
amazing how worked up we get about a bit of drizzle.

Think about it this way, what are we doing which the alarmists think
will cause climate change? We're burning fossil fuels, that's
putting carbon from the ground back into the atmosphere, so it's just
like it was before coal and oil were deposited. Where did that coal
and oil come from? Dead plants and animals - therefore there must
have been plants and animals before the coal and oil existed. So
we'll live just like they did, in a ****ing paradise with higher CO2
levels which makes abundant crops.

Anyway it doesn't really matter what your ****ed up opinion is, we
WILL burn all the fossil fuels, it cannot be stopped, so you might
aswell top yourself now.

What opinion have I expressed that is in, your opinion, ****ed up? You
seem to be trying to be, and failing, a mind reader like Nugent.
Old March 13th 19, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_3_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 18:01:01 +0000, TMS320, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

Two possibilities:

Yeah: either you suck him off or you don't suck him off! You obviously
prefer the first option, you senile sucker of troll cock!
Old March 13th 19, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_3_]

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:02:06 +0000, TMS320, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

What opinion have I expressed that is in, your opinion, ****ed up? You
seem to be trying to be, and failing, a mind reader like Nugent.

LOL! He's ONLY trying to bait you, you senile idiot! And he succeeds EVERY
time!

Old March 14th 19, 12:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 13/03/2019 19:27, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:02:06 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

What opinion have I expressed that is in, your opinion, ****ed up? You
seem to be trying to be, and failing, a mind reader like Nugent.

This:
"When we have wiped ourselves
out the planet will still be a rock in space and bacteria and
fungus will evolve to clean up the mess we made."

Very well.

You claim there is no warming effect due to human action. It's a point
of view. There are many other ways of wiping ourselves out than digging
carbon out of the ground.
Old March 14th 19, 01:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 23:41:42 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 13/03/2019 19:27, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:02:06 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

What opinion have I expressed that is in, your opinion, ****ed up? You
seem to be trying to be, and failing, a mind reader like Nugent.

This:
"When we have wiped ourselves
out the planet will still be a rock in space and bacteria and
fungus will evolve to clean up the mess we made."

Very well.

You claim there is no warming effect due to human action. It's a point of view.

There might be, but it will be negligible compared to the natural cycles. And it won't cause harm since it'll just put us back to where we were - it's common sense.

There are many other ways of wiping ourselves out than digging
carbon out of the ground.

But the treehuggers only concentrate on that one, which won't wipe anything out.
Old March 14th 19, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_3_]

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 23:41:42 +0000, TMS320, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

Very well.

You claim there is no warming effect due to human action. It's a point
of view. There are many other ways of wiping ourselves out than digging
carbon out of the ground.

This troll-feeding senile moron STILL doesn't get what's going on! ROTFLOL
Old March 14th 19, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 14/03/2019 00:41, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

"it'll just put us back to where we were". But we weren't there. Like
many of the modern plants, animals and insects that we rely on.