Riding in Snow

Old January 1st 04, 08:01 PM
DudleyDoRide

Default Riding in Snow

Happy New Years Day!!!!!!!!!

Woke up News Year Day and it's snowing. I decided to start out the new
year by riding my Muni in snow. It was quite the work out riding around
the neighborhood streets with fresh snow covering them. I have a 3"
Gazzaloddi and it seems to get great traction with very little snow
sticking in the tread. It's alot of fun to ride fast and then skid.

I with you all a great New Years and many days of unicycling.

Gene

| Attachment filename: munisnow.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/182054|

DudleyDoRide - Municyclist
DudleyDoRide's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2090

Old January 1st 04, 08:04 PM
Sofa

do you have skidoo trails? a properly packed skidoo trail makes for an
awesome winter ride.

I don't think any less than 2.5 inch tire on a skidoo trail would work
well enough, but who knows. It sure works well with a 3"r

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx)

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.0

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old January 1st 04, 08:21 PM
jagur

i know,Salem is getting dumped on with the white stuff.to bad we live so
far away from each other it would be fun to go one a little ride without
having to drive over.

the other night on the ice i was sliding for 3 to 4 feet after reving up
and stopping.its a weird feeling to go forward on a uni without
pedaling,its a dream.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

Old January 1st 04, 08:53 PM
john_childs

That's not fair! I'm missing out on the Northwest snow. I'm sitting
here in Atlanta enjoying the nice warm sunny weather and missing my
chance for riding in the snow around Seattle.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old January 1st 04, 09:47 PM
jason

Yep. I'm missing my winter rides as well. So far this year we have about
5+ ft. of the fluffy white stuff and I won't be able to ride for another
3-4 months!

I'm taking King MUni-Man out tomorrow. He's itching quite badly for a
ride. I'll just watch and snap a few photos.

Cheers,
Jason

_______________
Patiently Healing from knee surgery...

An ACL Recon and Bone Shaving- It's about as pleasant as it sounds.

--
jason - Just some guy
jason's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1014

Old January 2nd 04, 12:25 AM
Krashin'Kenny

I went out for my first MUni ride today, still got the pins in my thumb
but I couldn't resist the temptation. It had drizzled slightly overnight
and the trails were almost perfect. Would have been a little better if
it wasn't 75 degrees
I actually worked up a sweat!!

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old January 2nd 04, 02:30 AM
chirokid

Gene, that first picture is awesome. I'm waiting for a good snow here,
so I can check out snow riding. I put a Muni fat tire on my 8 year
old's Juggerbug, so she will enjoy the fluffy stuff too.

Jagur mentioned sliding on a uni. Years ago, I loved to slide sideways
on gymnasium or stage floors, then ride way and do it again. I don't
know if these 40 year old bones could, would still attempt that or not.
It sure sounds like fun.

KrashinKenny, great to hear your back on the uni. I decided not to ride
today because of the stitches in my finger. I might do it tomorrow.
--chirokid--

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old January 2nd 04, 03:39 AM
Krashin'Kenny

chirokid wrote:
*KrashinKenny, great to hear your back on the uni. I decided not to
ride today because of the stitches in my finger. I might do it
tomorrow. --chirokid-- *

I just couldn't wait any longer. The pain in the thumb is pretty much
gone (except when I hit the end of it and "drive the pins in") so I
just went for it. After being off the MUni for so long and still being
in the learning stage, I pretty much sucked today. Mkuhfahl and myself
got in just shy of 6 miles and I UPD'd more times than I care to
remember, but it wa great to be riding again.
Be careful with that chopped up finger and give it a little time to
heal. It's hard to imagine the inconvience caused by something so
seemingly trivial as an incapacitated digit until one experiences it
firsthand. I feel your pain, brother
Take care and be careful with that digit