Is this normal?

Old August 1st 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

Default Is this normal?

"datakoll" wrote in message
ups.com...
freedom of information act?
read this?
remember this was the routine but discovery and sanction I don't
remember until EPO substitutes began between stages.

The Hassle Of Being Clean
By Chris Carmichael

It _could_ be.

Carmichael presents the image of the ADA person popping out from around the
corner at almost every moment. I believe that I read Kloden has had 6 or 7
out of competition tests this year (which is still a lot). Carmichael
speaks
of the inconvenience of difficulty keeping up with the paperwork of
Armstrong's whereabouts. Olympic caliber athletes travel fairly frequently,
albeit generally for training and competition purposes, not for speaking
engagements or meetings regarding personal foundations. I cannot speak for
changes in policy that have occurred in the past 10 years, but up to that
point there had been no training or suggestion from either the cycling
federation or the olympic committee telling athletes keep track of every
bit
of their dietary intake for disclosure to ADA officials. Whatever the
situation, I find it as likely that Armstrong himself kept track of the
suggested information, his whereabouts, and submitted as much to ADA so
they
could keep track of him as I find it likely that he personally made
arrangements for all of his travel and those who traveled with him. In many
ways keeping track of and submitting the info for the ADA would fall under
the minutae of life as an elite athlete. Important, as Rasmussen has
learned, but minutae nonetheless and not greatly different than maintaining
a training log.

None of this restricts you from having a personal life, and in Armstrong's
case I'm confident the papparazzi, fans, and autograph hunters were more
restrictive on his activities than the ADA.

All that said, it does leave a nagging feeling of displeasure within you
that you have to submit details of your life to a generally nameless and
faceless organization under the threat of suspension of your livelihood.

T value was NORMAL. E was LOW pete Racing 67 August 10th 06 12:53 AM
1st normal UPD on guni (not too bad) David_Stone Unicycling 1 October 15th 05 02:15 AM
is this normal? LegoBoy Unicycling 22 March 28th 05 05:44 AM
Is this normal Alpine Australia 15 December 30th 04 08:53 PM
New to Shimano -- is this normal? Larry Coon Techniques 65 September 1st 04 08:49 PM