Beth Got Married!

Old August 16th 04, 08:23 PM
Edward Dolan

"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Curtis L. Russell" wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:45:45 -0800, (Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:

Memories aren't worth anything to a young person, but when you
are old, either you've got memories or you've got nothing.

Peel that away and it is as pessimistic as anything Dolan has said.
People make memories at any age and some are too busy making them at
70 to worry about going through the albums quite yet.

When I was the Dir of Finance at Charlestown Retirement Community,
there was a widower of 70 plus that was well on his way to making a
reputation better/worse than any randy kid in college. He walked
around in bedroom slippers because he said putting on and taking off
shoes was a waste of time socially.

And he would think you're full of crap, for reasons different than
Dolan's.

The only one on this group who is never full of crap is old Russell?
However, doesn't what Russell has just said tie in with my statement that

we
have a duty to be happy no matter what our age, and that death will cure

us
of all of our problems soon enough, including any problems we might be
having with memories, pleasant or unpleasant.

By the way, to somehow equate a happy life with memories associated with

the
reproduction function, or with the actual function itself, is foolish and
nauseating - and an abomination in the sight of God and Man. That was

mainly
why Hemingway killed himself - because he couldn't get it up anymore.

A 70 year old man who is still into fornicating is disgusting beyond

belief.

Yeah, and I'll bet all of those nasty old ladies he visits are just
totally disgusted. ... beyond belief! ;-)

Those poor little old sainted ladies, who are as pure as the driven snow,
just want a bit of male attention, and here we have this old disgusting male
goat going around and taking advantage of them. I am ashamed to be a man
when I encounter disgusting and shameful tales like this. God will surely
strike him dead. Oh Lord, give him with a heart attack or a stroke the next
time he is up to his dirty old nasty business!

Fornication for the pleasure of it is best left to teenagers. If you are

not
a teenager, then the only reason you should be fornicating is strictly

for
reproduction purposes. In other words, unless you are trying to make a

baby,
then fornication is a terrible sin and you are infinitely worthy of

burning
in Hell for all eternity. You will have deserved to have lived in Sodom

and
Gomorrah and to have suffered their fate (and some on this group think I
have forgotten my Catholic upbringing).

Your God provided all these hormones as an excuse to burn people
in Hell?

Your God is a little odd Ed, maybe you should buy a new one.

Besides courses in anthropology, you need to take lots of work in religious
studies (Roman Catholicism only - all others are heretical and essentially
pagan). Whatever you do, do not take up with any of those animistic Eskimo
beliefs or you will end up worshipping the whale or some other un-godly
northern beastie.

It seems you do not have a clue about why God created man the way He did.
The hormones are there for the young to procreate, not for the old to engage
in totally disgusting behavior. However, all my hormones ever did for me was
to give me prostate cancer. Go figure!

But who gives a damn about crap like that except for characters like

Floyd
and Russell. If they only knew how I was laughing at them they would

never
mention again that they think fornication is important for happiness. But
anyway, many thanks for the good laugh guys! The two of you are better

than
anything I see on the boob tube.

Have somebody show you how to turn it on, so you don't have see
your own reflection all day while you stare at it.

I have over 100 channels and there is quite often not one damn thing on any
of them. How can that be? I usually just end up looking at the news on Fox.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 17th 04, 12:36 AM
Floyd L. Davidson

"Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote:
"Edward Dolan" wrote:
A 70 year old man who is still into fornicating is disgusting beyond belief.

Yeah, and I'll bet all of those nasty old ladies he visits are just
totally disgusted. ... beyond belief! ;-)

Those poor little old sainted ladies, who are as pure as the driven snow,
just want a bit of male attention, and here we have this old disgusting male
goat going around and taking advantage of them. I am ashamed to be a man
when I encounter disgusting and shameful tales like this. God will surely
strike him dead. Oh Lord, give him with a heart attack or a stroke the next
time he is up to his dirty old nasty business!

I'm sure glad you pointed out in one article that you've not had
a religion since you were 16, yet in another article stated you
haven't forgotten your Catholic upbringing.

Otherwise, I'd have suspected you were a Baptist preacher, given
these Hell's fire and brimstone sermons and the narrow minded
racism that you've been dribbling out here...

Let say a prayer together Ed, and ask for The Lord's help:

Dear Lord,

Please let me be able to help disgusting old
ladies get a "bit of male attention" when I'm 70!

*Please, pretty please!*

Of course, I remember a Bob Hope crack that was pretty funny...
He was about 76 or so at the time, and said people ask him about
sex in your 70's. He smiled and said it's *great*. Then he
looked wistfully to one side with that typical Bob Hope "here
comes the punch line deadpan look", and said "Especially that
one in the fall time!"

Your God is a little odd Ed, maybe you should buy a new one.

Besides courses in anthropology, you need to take lots of work in religious
studies (Roman Catholicism only - all others are heretical and essentially
pagan). Whatever you do, do not take up with any of those animistic Eskimo
beliefs or you will end up worshipping the whale or some other un-godly
northern beastie.

No Ed, we don't "worship" *anything*. But Raven made the world, and
we are but one part of it.

It seems you do not have a clue about why God created man the way He did.

Raven created everything, and he did it for Ellam Yua.

The hormones are there for the young to procreate, not for the old to engage
in totally disgusting behavior. However, all my hormones ever did for me was
to give me prostate cancer. Go figure!

That sounds like a straight line for a comedy show. I'm tempted, but
I'll pass...

anything I see on the boob tube.

Have somebody show you how to turn it on, so you don't have see
your own reflection all day while you stare at it.

I have over 100 channels and there is quite often not one damn thing on any
of them. How can that be? I usually just end up looking at the news on Fox.

Try turning it on.

--
FloydL. Davidson http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old August 17th 04, 03:02 AM
Mark Leuck

"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message

I'm sure glad you pointed out in one article that you've not had
a religion since you were 16, yet in another article stated you
haven't forgotten your Catholic upbringing.

I suspect he got a few too many beatings from those damn nuns

Old August 17th 04, 03:57 AM
Floyd L. Davidson

"Mark Leuck" wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message

I'm sure glad you pointed out in one article that you've not had
a religion since you were 16, yet in another article stated you
haven't forgotten your Catholic upbringing.

I suspect he got a few too many beatings from those damn nuns

If that is a straight line, I *am not going to bite*! Ain't no
way I'll say a thing about the priests. NO WAY.

Old August 17th 04, 01:48 PM
Edward Dolan

"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message
[...]
I'm sure glad you pointed out in one article that you've not had
a religion since you were 16, yet in another article stated you
haven't forgotten your Catholic upbringing.

Otherwise, I'd have suspected you were a Baptist preacher, given
these Hell's fire and brimstone sermons and the narrow minded
racism that you've been dribbling out here...

A religion that is not full of fire and brimstone is a religion that is not
worth bothering with. Hells Bells! If you can't threaten someone with
Damnation and Hell Fire, then how on earth are you ever going to get him to
be good and do the right thing.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 17th 04, 01:52 PM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message

I'm sure glad you pointed out in one article that you've not had
a religion since you were 16, yet in another article stated you
haven't forgotten your Catholic upbringing.

I suspect he got a few too many beatings from those damn nuns

The Sisters of Notre Dame were the harshest teachers I ever had. If you did
not know your lesson, they beat you on your hands with a ruler. Damn! That
could really hurt!

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 17th 04, 02:02 PM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message

I'm sure glad you pointed out in one article that you've not had
a religion since you were 16, yet in another article stated you
haven't forgotten your Catholic upbringing.

I suspect he got a few too many beatings from those damn nuns

If that is a straight line, I *am not going to bite*! Ain't no
way I'll say a thing about the priests. NO WAY.

I was born out of my time and place. I should have been a wandering monk in
the Middle Ages and I would have gone about the countryside telling everyone
how much God hated them and how they were all damned to Hell for their sins.
However, they could be saved by paying me an appropriate amount of money for
their penance, and then I would say a prayer for them asking God to just
assign the miscreants to Purgatory instead of Everlasting Hellfire. And it
would be good enough for them!

--
Regards,

St. Edward - Order of the Perpetual Miseries - Minnesota

Old August 17th 04, 02:49 PM
Floyd L. Davidson

"Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message
[...]
I'm sure glad you pointed out in one article that you've not had
a religion since you were 16, yet in another article stated you
haven't forgotten your Catholic upbringing.

Otherwise, I'd have suspected you were a Baptist preacher, given
these Hell's fire and brimstone sermons and the narrow minded
racism that you've been dribbling out here...

A religion that is not full of fire and brimstone is a religion that is not
worth bothering with. Hells Bells! If you can't threaten someone with
Damnation and Hell Fire, then how on earth are you ever going to get him to
be good and do the right thing.

Ed you are just too shallow.

Whatever have you seen to indicate that threats of Damnation and
Hell Fire keep anyone in line? For Heaven's Sakes, the
*priests* have been abusing children right and left! And
historically the church has incited more war and mayhem than any
other institution. Clearly *that* is not the way.

But I'll give you a couple of things to think about. One is,
have you ever noticed how the religions based on written
documents are the worst? Jews, Moslems, and Christians... have
books written hundreds of years ago in languages that have
changed such that the words can be twisted to mean *anything*.

But the big difference is religions with a single deity are the
most violent. For example, the Christian religions all claim
there is one Almighty God, and they all claim that god is a
loving and forgiving god. Now, despite all the hate and
unforgivingness of the environment provided by that god, one
thing *always* happens... that god forgives *anything* done in
the name of religion! Which is to say, your threats of Damnation
and Hell Fire are tooth less threats from the start, and *every*
Christian knows *they* will be forgiven. (As opposed to how
they all know that other guy is going straight to Hell... :-)

You want a religion that does *not* encourage violence? Start
by making it a religion based on oral traditions and an oral
history. No written words to be twisted. Instead the *theme*
of each story is always the same, no matter who the teller or
the audience is, because it is the *theme* that is passed as
knowledge, not the words. But more important, a non-violent
religion must *never* be forgiving! And it must have not one,
but many gods, preferably an infinite number of them!.

Indeed, if *everything* is respected as having an equally
important spirit that can affect each and every person depending
on the actions of each and every person... there is *no* room
for moral violations! Any one person doing wrong can cause
havoc for everyone, because offending the spirit of even one
speck of sand, one breath of wind, or of even your wife, might
cause you *and* your family to suffer misfortune.

Now *that* is a religion!

(Guess who's?)

Old August 17th 04, 05:27 PM
Edward Dolan

"Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Ah, yes, but those were back in the good old days. Now the only religion
inciting murder and mayhem is the Muslim religion.

But I'll give you a couple of things to think about. One is,
have you ever noticed how the religions based on written
documents are the worst? Jews, Moslems, and Christians... have
books written hundreds of years ago in languages that have
changed such that the words can be twisted to mean *anything*.

That is why we have the Church, to constantly bring everything up to date.

But the big difference is religions with a single deity are the
most violent. For example, the Christian religions all claim
there is one Almighty God, and they all claim that god is a
loving and forgiving god. Now, despite all the hate and
unforgivingness of the environment provided by that god, one
thing *always* happens... that god forgives *anything* done in
the name of religion! Which is to say, your threats of Damnation
and Hell Fire are tooth less threats from the start, and *every*
Christian knows *they* will be forgiven. (As opposed to how
they all know that other guy is going straight to Hell... :-)

Well, yes ... as a matter of fact I do know that I am OK but everyone else
most definitely is NOT OK. So what else is new?

However, all religions are fairly bloody minded including all the pagan
religions that ever were. I think they have to be somewhat like this in
order to ward off all those other false beliefs. After all, there is
absolutely no evidence for what any religion believes about anything in
connection with the gods and other supernatural phenomena.

You want a religion that does *not* encourage violence? Start
by making it a religion based on oral traditions and an oral
history. No written words to be twisted. Instead the *theme*
of each story is always the same, no matter who the teller or
the audience is, because it is the *theme* that is passed as
knowledge, not the words. But more important, a non-violent
religion must *never* be forgiving! And it must have not one,
but many gods, preferably an infinite number of them!.

All cultures based on oral traditions have just about disappeared from the
earth. Unless you have a very closely knit group indeed, oral traditions
will be lost in a trice. You must have written documents or you will end up
with nothing. That has been the genius of the Jews is that they have had a
great written document to fall back on, no matter how tough things got for
them.

Indeed, if *everything* is respected as having an equally
important spirit that can affect each and every person depending
on the actions of each and every person... there is *no* room
for moral violations! Any one person doing wrong can cause
havoc for everyone, because offending the spirit of even one
speck of sand, one breath of wind, or of even your wife, might
cause you *and* your family to suffer misfortune.

Now *that* is a religion!

Is there no strife and warfare among the Eskimo? It may be that they are
spread so thin that they seldom come into conflict. Another possibility is
that their major struggle is with their physical environment, not leaving
much left over for their fellow humans.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota