What's everyone doing for Christmas?

Old December 23rd 06, 03:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

Default What's everyone doing for Christmas?

MattB wrote:
Corvus Corvax wrote:

(Sura 19:16-34)

So what's the punchline?

....and so Jesus said, "You should have seen the duck!"

CC

Old December 23rd 06, 04:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
ps.com...

MattB wrote:
Corvus Corvax wrote:

(Sura 19:16-34)

So what's the punchline?

...and so Jesus said, "You should have seen the duck!"

CC

How do you know? Were you there?

What kind of duck?

Gary (duck and cover)

Old December 23rd 06, 04:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

GeeDubb wrote:

"MattB" wrote in message

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:

OK: JD you're probably riding, right? {But mebbe that's what I'll do
if the snow holds off (which it has, it'll be a green Christmas here I
think)}

Matt, will you run or ski - do you have snow? I guess that will be the
deciding factor for you.

I'm hoping to ski. The snow has arrived. It was great yesterday.
There will also be the standard eating, drinking, and merriment as well.

http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0232%20(2).jpg
http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0236%20(2).jpg
http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0241.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0257.jpg

Matt

Awesome....do you ski powder with the telemark skis? gotta try that
some year.

Gary

Absolutely! Powder on teles is the best. I've been selling off my Alpine
gear. But _learning_ to tele is truly humbling. It's good for the soul.

Matt

PS - heading up shortly: new steeps opening for the first time this
season today will be deeeeep!
Old December 23rd 06, 04:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
small change

"MattB" wrote in message
GeeDubb wrote:

"MattB" wrote in message

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:

[...]

yep, I find powder is easier on tele skis than the regular stuff.

We are doing the ski/eat thing on Xmas day. My three guys are patrolling (
best day of the year) and I'm helping with the cooking for the "family"
potluck feast. Unfortunately skiing did not agree with my cervical strain
from the car accident, so I'm laying off the boards for right now. I skied
ten runs on groomer a couple of weeks and it put me back to where I was in
August. ****. Funny how biking made it feel better and skiing makes it
feel worse. Anyway, Xmas is a great day to be on the hill with our ski
patrol family. The snow is going to be great, everyone is in a good mood, no
people up there to deal with and it's a fun day.

ps

Old December 23rd 06, 11:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

small change wrote:
"MattB" wrote in message

GeeDubb wrote:

"MattB" wrote in message

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:

[...]

Yeah, having that bigger footprint seems to help with off the back and
over the bars kinds of situations.

We are doing the ski/eat thing on Xmas day. My three guys are patrolling (
best day of the year) and I'm helping with the cooking for the "family"
potluck feast. Unfortunately skiing did not agree with my cervical strain
from the car accident, so I'm laying off the boards for right now. I skied
ten runs on groomer a couple of weeks and it put me back to where I was in
August. ****. Funny how biking made it feel better and skiing makes it
feel worse. Anyway, Xmas is a great day to be on the hill with our ski
patrol family. The snow is going to be great, everyone is in a good mood, no
people up there to deal with and it's a fun day.

ps

Sorry to hear you're out of commission. Hopefully you'll be back out
there again soon!
Have a great Christmas!

Matt

Old December 23rd 06, 11:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

GeeDubb wrote:

"MattB" wrote in message

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:

OK: JD you're probably riding, right? {But mebbe that's what I'll do
if the snow holds off (which it has, it'll be a green Christmas here I
think)}

Matt, will you run or ski - do you have snow? I guess that will be the
deciding factor for you.

I'm hoping to ski. The snow has arrived. It was great yesterday.
There will also be the standard eating, drinking, and merriment as well.

http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0232%20(2).jpg
http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0236%20(2).jpg
http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0241.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0257.jpg

Matt

Awesome....do you ski powder with the telemark skis? gotta try that
some year.

Gary

In fact, here's a little clip of tele powder bumps from last spring.
Good stuff!
http://tinyurl.com/u2vzj

Matt
Old December 23rd 06, 11:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"MattB" wrote in message
GeeDubb wrote:

"MattB" wrote in message

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:

[...]

Nice, especially that little "air" moment. I may have to invest (read rent)
in some "more" ski stuff. I just got (year before last) new boots, bindings
and skis (it was a good snow year) but telemark would be a new experience
for me.

The SO is getting bites on her resumes in Montrose but I'm getting a big fat
donut so far.

think snow

Gary

Old December 24th 06, 12:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

GeeDubb wrote:

"MattB" wrote in message

GeeDubb wrote:

"MattB" wrote in message

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:

[...]

Cool. Good luck. I have loaner skis but you'd need to come up with
boots. But new skis would be better. Prepare for a thorough beating if
you ant to learn the turn.

Matt
Old December 26th 06, 01:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Carla A-G

NotaKnob wrote:
I'm going to fulfill my longtime dream of running all three taps on my
Paulener beer tower. American Amber, Kolsch and an Alt are the flavors
of the month.

Heavenly, simply heavenly...gotta love the Kolsch...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old December 26th 06, 09:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

NotaKnob wrote:
Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
OK: JD you're probably riding, right? {But mebbe that's what I'll do
if the snow holds off (which it has, it'll be a green Christmas here I
think)}

I'm going to fulfill my longtime dream of running all three taps on my
Paulener beer tower. American Amber, Kolsch and an Alt are the flavors
of the month.

Maybe a quick ride out at Red or White Mesa, in the afternoon if things
aren't too sloppy. Otherwise it'll be an early ride before things
melt.

Bruce

Beer Tower! Now THAT's something to pray to.

I spent Xmas as most NY Jews do: smoking crack, chowing on Chinese
food, watching movies on the tube and "Metalocalypse" on youtube, and
conspiring with the Zionist media agenda.

Oh, and building a garbage-picked junker bike for my pal Dan (I'm
labelling it "Mannah"), An old Ross MTB-style cruiser frame, brazed.
Threw on a coaster brake, a rusty front basket, and took it out for a
shakedown. In this grudging time of enforced mirth, it's a perfect
slice of heaven.

/s