Another take on the snow bike...

Old December 26th 06, 09:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

Default Another take on the snow bike...

From the vids, this thing seems to track pretty nicely.

http://www.ktrakcycle.com/home.html

/s

Old December 26th 06, 11:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Scott Gordo wrote:
From the vids, this thing seems to track pretty nicely.

http://www.ktrakcycle.com/home.html

/s

Too many moving parts to get frozen up. In the icy/snowy stuff,
simpler is better.

JD ex-SSnow rider

Old December 27th 06, 12:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Per Scott Gordo:
From the vids, this thing seems to track pretty nicely.

http://www.ktrakcycle.com/home.html

They didn't show what was on my mind as soon as I saw the still pic: how hard is
this thing to pedal. All the shots seemed tb of riders going downhill -
whether steep or very slight.

If it's as hard to pedal uphill as I suspect, I'd think a snow board would be
cheaper and lighter...
--
PeteCresswell
Old December 27th 06, 04:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

JD wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:

From the vids, this thing seems to track pretty nicely.

http://www.ktrakcycle.com/home.html

/s

Too many moving parts to get frozen up. In the icy/snowy stuff,
simpler is better.

JD ex-SSnow rider

Yeah, like skis. Pretty simple and they have been working for people
since long before the bike was invented.

Matt

Snow bike [email protected] Techniques 4 December 22nd 06 04:12 PM
Recommendation for second bike: Gravel, hills, mud, ice, snow SunMan General 2 October 17th 06 03:54 PM
FS: Monitor Mt. Bike Tire Chains, NEW [for snow] David Hallerman Marketplace 0 January 22nd 05 04:17 AM
snow eljest Unicycling 15 December 7th 04 10:20 AM
Snow! Tony B UK 12 April 20th 04 11:35 AM