BC/Impossible wheel

Old February 26th 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Default BC/Impossible wheel

Brian O. wrote:
Though there isn't much of a board. I'd suggest uniskate but that
doesn't quite roll off your tongue easy enough.

EDIT: On second thought, whats wrong with B.C. Wheel?

Uniskate isn't bad either. Yes it's not very board-like, but back in the
80s we just had pegs. Compared to that, today's BCs are like
double-skateboards. If it were the old design it could be called a Peg
Wheel.

What's wrong with B.C.? I think for Unicycle.com it may be a worry of
copyright infringement or similar. If we call it B.C. to reference the
comic strip, Jonny Hart's heirs might have a problem with that, though
in the past he has given the unicycling world informal nods for
referencing his characters. I'm fine with B.C.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 26th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

johnfoss wrote:
I'm fine with B.C.

Well to keep with current trends we should be politically correct and
call it the B.C.E. wheel.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland

James = my name
'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 26th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vanpaun

glide wheel
speed wheel
roler wheel
nigh impossible wheel
pimp wheel
freecoaster
fast wheel

--
vanpaun

unibikeling wrote:
if we can somehow get a fairy down to where im planning, we can run
upstream inland

http://www.usenet.com
Old February 27th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mr_Brick

Just to clarify, I know how to ride very well already, I just snapped
one impossible wheels axle and had to take my other one apart to put
the wheel back on the scooter I had taken it from. I would just like
help finding a nice wheelset without having to buy two wheels/ two rims
etc. or put the rim together myself. And sorry for the profanity, it
was disrespectful on my part.
heres my old one made from baby carrier wheel and angle brackets:
(http://tinyurl.com/3cdotm)

btw how about call it a Freewheel?

--
Mr_Brick
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 27th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

yeah, that's an old wheel

Don't sweat the language, I really didn't notice. Freewheel sounds
good for a name, but I think "BC" is just perfect and standard. Just
don't call it impossible!

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
We need more unicyclists in Virginia!!
Check out my videos and more at www.geocities.com/jneigh4
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 13th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

So I've noticed (a long time ago) that when you approach very fast
speeds, the wheel starts to wobble and you eventually lose control. Are
there any good techniques to control your speed or eliminate the wobble
effect? If I could do that, then I could go faster and ride longer
without the wobble. BC isn't very hard IMO, and the ultimate wheel
seems to be the most difficult to ride. I consider myself to be a good
BC rider, but I'd like to get better so let's hear some skills and
techniques!!

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
www.vimeo.com/jneigh
Old October 13th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SHAY_CAM

Mr_Brick;981051 wrote:
Just to clarify, I know how to ride very well already, I just snapped
one impossible wheels axle and had to take my other one apart to put the
wheel back on the scooter I had taken it from. I would just like help
finding a nice wheelset without having to buy two wheels/ two rims etc.
or put the rim together myself. And sorry for the profanity, it was
disrespectful on my part.
heres my old one made from baby carrier wheel and angle brackets:
(http://tinyurl.com/3cdotm)

btw how about call it a Freewheel?

That is one ugly set-up you've got there. Why not go on danscomp and
buy a 25$ rim and a tempered 14mm axle? Better yet spend 50 and get a
hazzard lite rim and a 14mm axle.

--
SHAY_CAM

I do not support any canidates in the election.
Obama is a lier.
MCcain in a nazi.
Old October 13th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

vanpaun;980877 wrote:

pimp wheel

Dude I love it!

--
timekeeper
Old October 28th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

I couldn't find a proper thread to post my new video, so I'll just add
it here since we're discussing names for the BC WHEEL, and I elect to
keep it that way.

YouTube - BC
Fever

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
www.vimeo.com/jneigh
Old October 28th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
buchi

@ joejumps4fun: nice video

my old bc wheel video
BC Wheel isn't very hard to ride
actually on Vimeo

--
buchi

'***540
UniSpin***'
(http://vimeo.com/1842798)

impossible wheel drewski Unicycling 0 August 13th 06 04:56 AM
impossible wheel mornish Unicycling 0 August 13th 06 04:55 AM
impossible wheel wowunicycle Unicycling 5 February 3rd 05 11:32 PM
How impossible is the impossible wheel? lleberg Unicycling 5 January 15th 05 09:33 AM
Impossible Wheel Grinspoon Unicycling 2 February 8th 04 05:14 PM