New Unicycle

Old December 23rd 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mynameisnotfred

Default New Unicycle

i got this and i dont have a clue what your going about
you wan to switch the two with the long arrows
and make the one that is behind go infront and back round.
Spencer Hochberg;1156039 wrote:
Alright so to fix the wheel you will have to move all the spokes, but
you don't have to take it all apart at once. If you switch all the pairs
of spokes that are almost parallel then it will come out right. You also
have to fix the way they cross, if the spoke is coming out of the
outside of the flange then it should go over the first 2 spokes and
under the last one, it should make more sense when you play with it.

I had to do almost the same thing to my last wheel because my spokes
were too long so I had to change it from a 3 to 4 cross.

Here's a picture because what I said is probably confusing.

--
mynameisnotfred

MY name is Not fred its EMILY
Old December 23rd 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pigs on Unicycles

hungry4uni;1156032 wrote:
My LBS trues mine for free. Unicyclists get special treatment. Woot!

I work at my LBS and the guys I work with are total idiots about
unicyclists. They hate unicycles and would never even think of giving me
special treatment.

Pigs

--
Pigs on Unicycles

B r i n g b a c k t h e N i m b u s R o u n d - C r o w
n ! !

"Sprite off, you spriting spriter!" - Into the Blue
Old December 23rd 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

manon1wheel;1155976 wrote:
powder coat.

and i only did 1/2 spokes cause i thought it would look cool.

Is there a good online guide to DIY paint jobs? I don't know what all
there is to painting (like sanding, priming, etc..). Any good guides
available?

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
www.vimeo.com/jneigh
Old December 23rd 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Buretto

Here's something that may or may not help.
This is a 36 spoke wheelset I put together the other week with a three
cross lacing, and I colorized to spokes so you can see the pattern a
little better.

[image:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...ni/spokes.jpg]

I laced every other hole coming from the outside of the hub, going into
every fourth hole on the rim. These are the red spokes in the image.
Then I went back and laced the remaining spokes from the inside of the
hub (the green one in the image), going over the first two spokes to its
left, and under the third, leaving one spoke hole between it and the
third "red" spoke on the rim. If I recall correctly, I did all of the
"red" spokes first, on both sides of the hub, then going back to do the
"green" ones (the over-over-unders). I don't know if this is the
recommended way to do it, but it has always worked for me.

I don't know if any of that made sense or not... I know exactly what
I'm trying to say, it's making sure that it's clear that can be the
problem. :P
I forget which issue, but one of the recent Uni mags had a pretty solid
wheel building article in it.

--
Buretto
Old December 23rd 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

hey everyone!
thanks for all of the tips. I used every single one of them to figure
out what i did wrong. I ended up starting from the very beginning. The
wheel looks right this time... lol

now all i have to do it take it to the shop to get it trued and
tensioned and it will be ready to ride.
-Riley

--
manon1wheel

-Riley Crosby

'2007 video' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKMLvlS5taI)
'2008 video now on youtube!'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqWctiLjlZ4)
'2008 \"flow\" video on youtube'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowb7OqT_aU)
'2008- A Uni Life (documentary)'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZaJi0iy65s)
Old December 23rd 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

IsaacSteiner;1156206 wrote:
Cool unicycle. I think the green everywhere is a bit much. You should
get a KH frame, and strip it, that would really make it look wicked.
-Isaac

yeah i meant to have a lot of green. i wanted it to be different.

and yeah i wanted a KH frame but not all of us have 200 bucks laying
around
-Riley

Old December 25th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SamGoodburn

One of the best looking unicycles i've ever seen! LOVE the spokes!
that shade of Green works well. What type of paint do you use?

--
SamGoodburn

very creative sig.
Old December 25th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

i got it powder coated along with the cranks. the people down there did
a really good job. I'm pleased. and the even took the time to sand down
my cranks so they would have a smooth finish
-Riley

Old December 25th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

Awesome looking uni. Too bad about the spokes.

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

Old December 25th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

i fixed them