Figuring out calories burned?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 8th 04, 11:02 PM
Terry Morse

gds wrote:

And what good does knowing this do? I'm serious. I mean if you have
fun keeping track of this that's fine with me. But what nutritional
value does it add? Will you eat more to make up a "deficit" or eat
less because you in "surplus"?

Yes. If I burn more calories than usual on a given day, I'll eat
more that evening. If it was a particularly long day (5000+ kcal),
I'll even eat two dinners. I'll still eat the same amount during a
ride, just to keep from bonking. I can't afford to lose any weight,
so the calorie monitor keeps me from doing that.

calories burned - HRM vs. Web sites?? Bob General 24 February 3rd 06 07:04 PM
Calorie Estimates.... LaoFuZhi UK 59 July 26th 04 07:17 PM
Polar Heart rate monitor help Peter Jones Australia 15 April 2nd 04 02:19 PM
Influence of weather on calories burned? Sb083459 General 9 April 1st 04 11:56 AM
Strange fatigue again...? (long) Mitch Pollard General 42 October 12th 03 02:41 PM