Thinking vs. Doing

Old April 4th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Thinking vs. Doing

George Hincapie (3rd behind team-mate Hoste): "When Leif launched his
attack, I was thinking about doing the same. It's all the more a shame that
in view of my velocity, I think I really had my chance in a sprint. On the
one hand, I'm very happy with this third place - it's the first time I'm on
the podium in the Ronde - and on the other, I have the feeling that I had
great legs... and didn't make the most of them."

http://www.eurosport.com/cycling/ron...to861418.shtml

Old April 4th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

All of those drugs just sap the willpower don't they?

Old April 4th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

dumbass,

i had that opinion of hincapie prior to 2005. but in 2005 and spring
2006 hincapie has won more races than hoste has in his entire career.

2005 (6)
Grand Prix de Plouay
Küurne-Bruxelles-Küurne
Deux étapes du Dauphiné-Libéré
Une étape du Tour de France
2006 (2)
Deux étapes du Tour de Californie

Old April 4th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tom Kunich wrote:

All of those drugs just sap the willpower don't they?

Anti-depressants ?

Old April 4th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote in message
oups.com...

dumbass,

i had that opinion of hincapie prior to 2005. but in 2005 and spring
2006 hincapie has won more races than hoste has in his entire career.

2005 (6)
Grand Prix de Plouay
Küurne-Bruxelles-Küurne
Deux étapes du Dauphiné-Libéré
Une étape du Tour de France
2006 (2)
Deux étapes du Tour de Californie

And Hincapie is five years older than Hoste. So far this year Hoste is
ahead of George in the UCI ranking as of mid-March. He'll continue to
outpace George while George thinks about attacking. Also, don't look for
George to get quite the opportunities he had when his good buddy Armstrong
was fully involved. His Belgian replacements have arrived in the form of
Devolder and Hoste with a bunch of other Lowland and East Euros who aren't
going to see him as their leader. I suspect Bruyneel and Demol see a
classics future with a leader(s) other than thoughtful George. It would be
nice if he won the big one, and he might, but I don't see him blossoming in
the classics at this point. Feel free to disagree. Opinions will vary.

Old April 4th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

B. Lafferty wrote:

He'll continue to
outpace George while George thinks about attacking.

so what ? he attacked first and lost the race.

he also created the winning opportunity for THE rider who was the
biggest threat going into the race - that is stupidity.

if hoste played basketball he'd attempt a 2 pt shot when he his team
was down by three because he would think a good chance at losing by 1
is better than a tiny shot at winning the game in overtime.

Old April 4th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"amit" wrote in message
oups.com...

B. Lafferty wrote:

He'll continue to
outpace George while George thinks about attacking.

so what ? he attacked first and lost the race.

So what? He was over a minute up the road with a shot at winning; something
George wasn't. He also tried to get a jump and win but didn't. Better to
have tried and lost than to think and not try.

he also created the winning opportunity for THE rider who was the
biggest threat going into the race - that is stupidity.

Hoste AND a guy named Boonen created the winning opportunity. If you watch
the race at that moment, you'll understand that when opportunity knocks, you
have to open the door. George doesn't seem to be able to find the door let
alone step through it when it's opened for him.

if hoste played basketball he'd attempt a 2 pt shot when he his team
was down by three because he would think a good chance at losing by 1
is better than a tiny shot at winning the game in overtime.

Sounds more like George. Maybe Hoste would drive and draw the foul going
for the tie from the line.

Old April 4th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Donald Munro wrote
Tom Kunich wrote:
All of those drugs just sap the willpower don't they?

Anti-depressants ?

Does that make Brian a "depressant"?

Old April 4th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Laff@me still hasn't figured out that "looking good" isn't the same as
"being good".

Prediction - Hoste to another team next year.

Old April 4th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Anyone else realize that only a nitwit would ride up the road with Tom
Boonen?

If Leif took ONE pull it would have been one MORE than enough.