What's your favourite drink for the Holidays?

Old December 24th 06, 08:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

Default What's your favourite drink for the Holidays?

"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mine is Kahlua with some milk on ice. Traditional ever since I was 19
legal and could buy it at the local liquor store. Variations are
toasted almond or white russion or dark russian.

but I always go back to just kahlua on milk on ice.

Substitions include Tia Maria or Bailey's with just a little milk
added.

MTB G

OK, another OT post but I'll bite

a cup of Smith Farm's Kona that's been freshly roasted to just into second
crack, gound in a commerical grade burr grinder then brewed in a vacuum
brewer.....along with fresh pecan pie ala mode.

which, by the way, I just finished roasting the Kona and will brew shortly.

Gary

Old December 24th 06, 08:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"JD" wrote in message
ps.com...
Whine

JD

which type, the "I wanna ________________" or "my lifes so pitiful
because_____________"

I rode the SB this morning with the new Pushified Fox........review to come
later.

Gary

Old December 24th 06, 08:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

GeeDubb wrote:

"JD" wrote in message
ps.com...
Whine

JD

which type, the "I wanna ________________" or "my lifes so pitiful
because_____________"

Or the Soca dance.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 24th 06, 08:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

GeeDubb wrote:

"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mine is Kahlua with some milk on ice. Traditional ever since I was 19
legal and could buy it at the local liquor store. Variations are
toasted almond or white russion or dark russian.

but I always go back to just kahlua on milk on ice.

Substitions include Tia Maria or Bailey's with just a little milk
added.

MTB G

OK, another OT post but I'll bite

a cup of Smith Farm's Kona that's been freshly roasted to just into
second crack, gound in a commerical grade burr grinder then brewed in a
vacuum brewer.....along with fresh pecan pie ala mode.

which, by the way, I just finished roasting the Kona and will brew shortly.

Gary

With a shot of Kahlua in it?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 24th 06, 09:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
GeeDubb wrote:

"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mine is Kahlua with some milk on ice. Traditional ever since I was 19
legal and could buy it at the local liquor store. Variations are
toasted almond or white russion or dark russian.

but I always go back to just kahlua on milk on ice.

Substitions include Tia Maria or Bailey's with just a little milk
added.

MTB G

OK, another OT post but I'll bite

a cup of Smith Farm's Kona that's been freshly roasted to just into
second crack, gound in a commerical grade burr grinder then brewed in a
vacuum brewer.....along with fresh pecan pie ala mode.

which, by the way, I just finished roasting the Kona and will brew
shortly.

Gary

With a shot of Kahlua in it?

No way I'd ruin an good (and expensive) cup of coffee by adding anything to
it!

Gary

Old December 24th 06, 10:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"GeeDubb" wrote in message
m...

"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mine is Kahlua with some milk on ice. Traditional ever since I was 19
legal and could buy it at the local liquor store. Variations are
toasted almond or white russion or dark russian.

but I always go back to just kahlua on milk on ice.

Substitions include Tia Maria or Bailey's with just a little milk
added.

MTB G

OK, another OT post but I'll bite

a cup of Smith Farm's Kona that's been freshly roasted to just into second
crack, gound in a commerical grade burr grinder then brewed in a vacuum
brewer.....along with fresh pecan pie ala mode.

which, by the way, I just finished roasting the Kona and will brew
shortly.

Gary

OK, responding to my own post but....

has anyone ever tried this beer? If so, what were your impressions and
where did you get it?

Founders Breakfast Stout

someone in alt.coffee posted this description but no one know a source

"It's got a powerful, rich malt base, and
8.3% ABV, so it's robust enough (almost an imperial stout) to support
the heavy additions of coffee anf dark chocolate with which the brew is
flavored. It's fantastic stuff, and it gets better as it warms. It's
the perfect beer for coffee lovers."

Gary

Old December 24th 06, 10:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

GeeDubb wrote:

"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mine is Kahlua with some milk on ice. Traditional ever since I was 19
legal and could buy it at the local liquor store. Variations are
toasted almond or white russion or dark russian.

but I always go back to just kahlua on milk on ice.

Substitions include Tia Maria or Bailey's with just a little milk
added.

MTB G

OK, another OT post but I'll bite

a cup of Smith Farm's Kona that's been freshly roasted to just into
second crack, gound in a commerical grade burr grinder then brewed in a
vacuum brewer.....

Speaking of vacuum brewers I've been meaning to mention for awhile that
I had my first vacuum brewed cup when I was in China. It took awhile to
get because it was being cooked over a tiny sterno but it was the best
coffee I had while over there, relatively expensive at 15 yuan ($2) but
well worth it. The rest of the coffee I had over there was so weak you
could mistake it for tea.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old December 25th 06, 12:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Marz

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
Mine is Kahlua with some milk on ice. Traditional ever since I was 19
legal and could buy it at the local liquor store. Variations are
toasted almond or white russion or dark russian.

but I always go back to just kahlua on milk on ice.

Substitions include Tia Maria or Bailey's with just a little milk
added.

MTB G

A good single malt and a few pints of Boddingtons.

Merry Christmas

Marz

Old December 25th 06, 11:24 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
TM

"GeeDubb" wrote in message
m...

has anyone ever tried this beer? If so, what were your impressions and
where did you get it?

Founders Breakfast Stout

http://www.foundersbrewing.com/home.php

Find Founders Beer Near You
We are in the process of building a tool that will help you find stores and
establishments that sell or serve Founders Ales. Once completed, you will be
able to type in your zip code and the distance you are willing to travel and
be presented with a list of local vendors.

Coming soon...

Old December 25th 06, 03:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

Got a whole herd coming over this evening. (For the Prime Rib
and Pork Roast). Wifey will be serving up Lemon Drops & Appletini's.
(Chick drinks...). I'll stick with the Wine or a good imported Beer.

So my Mom and other family show up. She makes the typical Chick drinks.
(Lemon drops & Appletini's), but a little twist this time. Had a new
drink that had Pomegranate juice. Pometini??? Said it was good for
the prostate... Apparently some antioxident properties... hence, a
"dude" drink. Well, need I say more... Made a real hero of myself...
had a few... :-)

just waiting for the kids to wake and see what "Santa" brought them.

:-)

merry Xmas.

-Gregg

ps. Dinner was fantastic. Wifey out did herself.

your favourite energy drink... U.S.piggybank UK 0 July 26th 06 09:10 PM
OT - Cat on Holidays Terry Collins Australia 2 January 7th 06 12:49 AM
Happy Holidays The Wogster General 4 December 27th 05 02:51 PM
What I did on my holidays audrey UK 4 April 1st 05 05:33 PM
Favourite sports drink recipe? GRL General 15 July 24th 03 10:32 AM