!!! Koxx One 2007 news !!!

Old January 4th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vicuniclub

Default !!! Koxx One 2007 news !!!

just relax, everyone has there own oppinions. some people like koxx
other's like Kh,torker,profile,Qu-ax. there is no one brand that's the
best, it all depends on what you like and what's avliable in your area.
just be happy you all have tons of choices. before there was only 1 or
2 brands. and they were expensive!! now there are tons of brands which
are reasoably priced and good quality. so i would personally just be
happy you have varity and that people like yoggi and kris are still
making more. maybe you don't like one or both of them. but my hats go
off to them. and i think people need to stop bashing uni's and just be
happy with the one you like. if people ask for your oppinion give it,
but in a thread like this why even bother?
just my oppinion of course
cheers
bry

--
vicuniclub
vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052

Old January 4th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

uhh
the record is either 12 or 14 feet (guiness)
i think it was done in thier studios

from what I hear kris holm did a 14 foot drop off of a tractor at
naucc?? last year and landed it.
I think that KH has a better rep mainly because the kh19 is perfect for
street and trials, there is no need for a better uni made by KH for
street.

the Koxx unis are too expensive, who is going to pay $800 for a uni w/
a decent hub? why not go for a GOOD hub if its that freaking
expensive?

that whole XTP thing is rediculous, sure its light, but $800 for a uni
is rediculous, no matter what.

the rims are weaker than KH too.

thats my unbiased opinion, i have never ridden either... actually I
have never SEEN either in person, thats just from the info I have
gathered from what people have explained of their experiences.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"your mom\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old January 4th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Unicaw89 wrote:
Yeah I just watched it he fell jumping off the tire, but he took all
that impact into the cranks and they held!

I am pretty sure there was a lot less force than normal because a lot
of his impact was absorbed by the tire. That is probably why landed on
the tire and not straight to the ground.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles'
(http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
PS this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were
eliminated.
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old January 4th 07, 11:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lutz

Nice that the cranks hold all the impact, good promotion for KH/Onza
because at the time yoggi was using the Koxx/Onza hub.........

--
Lutz

'POINT RACING' (http://www.pointbike.de) | 'AJATA'
(http://www.ajata.de) |

'www.einradshows.de' (http://www.einradshows.de)
'www.extremeunicycling.de' (http://www.extremeunicycling.de)
Lutz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1752

Old January 4th 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

I couldn't be arsed to read the whole topic, but I'll reply to this
post...

Unicaw89 wrote:
Qu-ax is close to the same strength and weight as the torker dx. I have
broken e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e part of that uni. Ive bent 2 torker hubs,
snapped a crank off, broke 2 pairs of the pedals they come with, bent
the hell out of 2 seat posts, broke 7 spokes out of the wheel at
once(it was true then) and not nipples actual spokes, I coudlnt count
how many nipples I broke out. Ive broken 2 of there frame, bent another
2, and the seat stiffiner in the middle is taped together after
breaking it too.....

Cody, that's a load of bull**** and you know it, Torker has the same
price-class as Qu-Ax, there's where it ends. Qu-Ax uses an extremely
strong splined design, stronger than Torker, Koxx, and yes, stronger
than the old KH (I don't have any info on the 2007 yet). Qu-Ax is
ridden by countless of people in Europe and outside of Europe, where I
bent KH 2005 in 2 days and Marco bent his Koxx in 2 months -noone has
-EVER- managed to bend or break a Qu-Ax crank/hub.- Yes they're
heavier, but why is that? It's because Kris Holm and Koxx stick an
aluminium seatpost on their uni's, which makes -ALOT- of difference in
weight. Were you to spend extra money on the Qu-Ax aluminium frame (the
strongest alu 20" frame out there) you'd still be under the cost of the
cheapest splined Koxx unicycle and with the new frame and seatpost
you'll probably have the same weight as a Koxx.

It's easy to say Koxx is better when you're sponsored by them Cody,
think before posting.

Cheers,

Dustin

--
DustinSchaap

FOUNDER OF
EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://WWW.EENWIEL.NL\")

Old January 4th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Unicaw89 wrote:
What were you taking the pedals off with a sledge hammer!? I weight
155lbs, and I have taken my koxx off 8ft several times, I dont use Koxx
because they are light or look cool, I use them because they have THE
strongest crank design....Yoggi and Xavier ride koxx that alone makes
them better than Qu-ax. qu ax is heavy and still using the crank design
back from Krises old 04 design, I think its time to upgrade a lil bit
here...As for your friend destroying it, what broke on it? Only things
I have damaged on mine are the seat post since I was using the old
unreinforced model like Kh is using, and the rim because I dindt
realize it was untightened I could pull the spokes together with my
fingers and did a 360 down a 4-5 set causing it to tweak, I still road
on it the rest of hte day like that doing 6 ft drops still...I got it
trued and tightned later and its never had a problem since, just a lil
tweaked from the first bend.
Qu-ax is close to the same strength and weight as the torker dx. I have
broken e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e part of that uni. Ive bent 2 torker hubs,
snapped a crank off, broke 2 pairs of the pedals they come with, bent
the hell out of 2 seat posts, broke 7 spokes out of the wheel at
once(it was true then) and not nipples actual spokes, I coudlnt count
how many nipples I broke out. Ive broken 2 of there frame, bent another
2, and the seat stiffiner in the middle is taped together after
breaking it too.....

Edit: Wasnt the world record drop to flat done by yoggi...on a koxx-one
uni.... So qu-ax may have Forrest and Lucas, But Koxx has one of the
worlds best flatland and street rider(xav), the most well known for
high drops(Yoggi), Its got Brian Stevens pimpin out the Bc wheel,
Keaton Miller spinnin off everything@!, Sabin A flowin up the place,
and Me....no comment ;-) L*L

Edit 2=Ohh and Forrest is the only reason Qu-ax is sorta cool ;-)

It's funny how you start bashing Torker when trying to prove that Koxx
is better than Qu-Ax(which it isn't(you know why - cause
_*I*_ ride it)).

--
ivan

Gilby was here. ---
ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

Old January 4th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkplonker

ivan wrote:
It's funny how you start bashing Torker when trying to prove that Koxx
is better than Qu-Ax(which it isn't(you know why - cause
_*I*_ ride it)).

2nd that

--
pkplonker

I WILL DO FOOLISH THINGS AND I WILL DO THEM WITH ENTHUSIASM, I WILL HURT
MY SELF AND I WILL NOT CARE AND I WILL DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pkplonker's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13484

Old January 4th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

DustinSchaap wrote:
[...]

Trust me Dustin, the KH2007 is mutch beter then the Qu-ax.
Realy.

PM

--
Probailer2

john_childs wrote:
Mmmmm... Sexy welds.

musketman wrote:
Kris Holm owns death

abbabibble wrote:
cody bent his koxx.

he was working it pretty hard.

Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034

Old January 4th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sponge

Dustin, can you prove that the Qu-Ax is the strongest aluminium frame
around? Considering only 3 KH20 aluminium trials frames have broken
since their 2005 incarnation. (all 3 under the usage of the 2 best
trials riders in the world)

It is a little silly for Cody to rant about how Koxx's team and
equipment are so almighty whilst slagging off other brands like that.
All brands have high and low points.

Back on topic:
I think the new Koxx unis have been upgraded nicely. I saw the new
specced XTP Purple Power over at a friend's 2 weeks ago and it is
RIDICULOUSLY light, one could notice a huge amount when lifting it up.
The thin luxury saddle makes me envious too!

However, I'm not still not too sure about those 24 Butterflys being on
the 'Street' unis, they are ridiculously grippy pedals and aren't
exactly too durable. Odyssey JC style-esque pedals or decent plastics
seem to be much more favourable for street.

--
Sponge

MSN: feel free to add, I'm always up for a
good chat and get to know other unicyclists

update on Hodges vid... delayed, need a few more clips.
Sponge's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11883

Old January 4th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

I just have a question...I heard once that on Yoggis 14footer he used a
Profile wheelset...Any truth to that?

And id just like to say that i stand by my KH'03s as one of the
strongest cranksets out there. Mine have been ridden quite hard by me
and others and they have taken beating after beating an theyre still in
mint condition(minus scratches). So i dont kno what everyones obsession
with the new and"improved" designs is...Kris knew what he was doing
with the KH'03s

-Phil.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'And the Spline Maintenance Guide!'

*Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*