What were they thinking of?

Old June 26th 04, 06:20 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default What were they thinking of?

Fancy having an open-air event on the same weekend as Wimbledon and
Glastonbury! How stupid can you get? Now my temperature is back
below the hundred Fahrenheit mark and I can stand without assistance,
I can look out of the window and think that perhaps after all I'm glad
I'm not at York!

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old June 26th 04, 06:56 PM
Andy Hewitt

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Fancy having an open-air event on the same weekend as Wimbledon and
Glastonbury! How stupid can you get? Now my temperature is back
below the hundred Fahrenheit mark and I can stand without assistance,
I can look out of the window and think that perhaps after all I'm glad
I'm not at York!

Aye, feeling better now mate?

We had to be on a loser with the weather didn't we? - I managed a 50
yard test ride on the new bike this afternoon.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Old June 26th 04, 07:01 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:56:46 +0100, (Andy
Hewitt) wrote in message
:

feeling better now mate?

I managed up and down stairs twice before I had to sit down for a
rest, so I must be recovering :-)

Old June 26th 04, 09:07 PM
MSeries

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
Fancy having an open-air event on the same weekend as Wimbledon and
Glastonbury! How stupid can you get? Now my temperature is back
below the hundred Fahrenheit mark and I can stand without assistance,
I can look out of the window and think that perhaps after all I'm glad
I'm not at York!

Guy

Went to York today, 'twas a bit wet. Met up with John Senior and had a go on
his 'bent.

Old June 27th 04, 12:22 AM
Clive George

Hewitt) wrote in message
:

feeling better now mate?

I managed up and down stairs twice before I had to sit down for a
rest, so I must be recovering :-)

On the bent, the triplet or your claud butler?

cheers,
clive

Old June 27th 04, 10:20 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:22:40 +0100, "Clive George"
wrote in message
:

I managed up and down stairs twice before I had to sit down for a
rest, so I must be recovering :-)

On the bent, the triplet or your claud butler?

The Butler is off the road waiting for me to fetch the new wheels from
Bob (who is off sailing at the moment, lucky lad). The "other" Butler
is OK though.

Old June 27th 04, 09:36 PM
Carol Hague

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Fancy having an open-air event on the same weekend as Wimbledon and
Glastonbury! How stupid can you get? Now my temperature is back
below the hundred Fahrenheit mark and I can stand without assistance,
I can look out of the window and think that perhaps after all I'm glad
I'm not at York!

Saturday was pretty dire, but the parade this morning was fun (forgot to
bring the fish windsocks though, drat) and the weather was a lot better.
The only URC'er we managed to collar was Richard Corfield (Hi Richard!)
but we caught up with a lot of other folk and I stocked up on El Cheapo
track mitts. *And* we managed to get home about ten minutes *before* the
thunderstorm started, so not a bad weekend really....

--
Carol , dead chuffed to have averaged 10.3mph over 35 miles today...
"Nothing is so virtuous as a bicycle."

Old June 27th 04, 09:46 PM
MSeries

Carol Hague wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Fancy having an open-air event on the same weekend as Wimbledon and
Glastonbury! How stupid can you get? Now my temperature is back
below the hundred Fahrenheit mark and I can stand without assistance,
I can look out of the window and think that perhaps after all I'm
glad I'm not at York!

Saturday was pretty dire, but the parade this morning was fun (forgot
to bring the fish windsocks though, drat) and the weather was a lot
better. The only URC'er we managed to collar was Richard Corfield (Hi
Richard!) but we caught up with a lot of other folk and I stocked up
on El Cheapo track mitts. *And* we managed to get home about ten
minutes *before* the thunderstorm started, so not a bad weekend
really....

I think I saw your trikes outside the refreshments tent this afternoon.
There were two trikes, full loaded with Carradice luggage and fish
windsocks, just before it started to rain. I couldn't see their owners and I
couldn't remember who said they would have fish socks.

Old June 27th 04, 10:06 PM
Carol Hague

MSeries wrote:

Carol Hague wrote:

Saturday was pretty dire, but the parade this morning was fun (forgot
to bring the fish windsocks though, drat)

I think I saw your trikes outside the refreshments tent this afternoon.
There were two trikes, full loaded with Carradice luggage and fish
windsocks, just before it started to rain. I couldn't see their owners and I
couldn't remember who said they would have fish socks.

We left about half twelve or so, so probably someone else :-)

When I say I forgot them I meant completely, not just for the parade
(yes, I'm a twit!). We don't usually use them when just riding, they're
too big and draggy...

I had (mismatched) Carradice panniers, and Rob was pulling a Bob Yak
trailer because he was riding the GT3 and we don't have the rack for it
yet.

--
Carol