Triathlon Australia selling 'Watch for Cyclists' car stickers..

Old June 22nd 04, 08:01 AM
hippy

Default Triathlon Australia selling 'Watch for Cyclists' car stickers..

After another accident with Car vs. Triathlete
TA have released these:
http://www.triathlon.org.au/Document...ts%20Order%20f
orm%20-%20Tri%20Clubs.doc

Is sticking these on cars likely to achieve much?
Comments anyone?

hippy

Old June 23rd 04, 02:50 AM
ritcho

Hippy wrote:
After another accident with Car vs. Triathlete TA have released these:
http://www.triathlon.org.au/Documents/Watch-
http://www.triathlon.org.au/Documents/Watch-
%20For%20Cyclists%20Order%20f orm%20-%20Tri%20Clubs.doc
Is sticking these on cars likely to achieve much? Comments anyone?
hippy

As a (rather slow) triathlete, I'd say that every little bit counts.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Ritch

Old June 23rd 04, 07:28 AM
D&M Johnston

"hippy" wrote in message ...
After another accident with Car vs. Triathlete
TA have released these:
http://www.triathlon.org.au/Document...ts%20Order%20f
orm%20-%20Tri%20Clubs.doc

Is sticking these on cars likely to achieve much?
Comments anyone?

hippy

I reckon that a sticker on every motor vehicle from HOLDEN to KENWORTH etc., should have

"beware of Cyclists, the road is there to share"! stuck on their cars as a mandatory measure during the course of registration renewal.
Also get a free sticker of the same when renewing licences and perhaps over time, people will get the message that a cyclist is as viable as a commuter, traveller etc as those in cars.
I'd be proud to stick one on my car.
It would be good cheap advertising which might eventually sink in!!

DJ
Old June 23rd 04, 08:45 AM
aeek

D&M Johnston wrote:
I reckon that a sticker on every motor vehicle from HOLDEN to KENWORTH
etc., should have "beware of Cyclists, the road is there to share" stuck
on their cars as a mandatory measure during the registration renewal.

ACT rego stickers had "Look for Cyclists" on the back/inside for 2 year
- just last year changed to "Speeding Kills", BANG, 2 speeding tickets
I guess such things don't work

-

Old June 23rd 04, 09:55 AM
D&M Johnston

"aeek" wrote in message
.. .
D&M Johnston wrote:
I reckon that a sticker on every motor vehicle from HOLDEN to KENWORTH
etc., should have "beware of Cyclists, the road is there to share"

stuck
on their cars as a mandatory measure during the registration renewal.

ACT rego stickers had "Look for Cyclists" on the back/inside for 2 years
- just last year changed to "Speeding Kills", BANG, 2 speeding tickets.
I guess such things don't work!

So did you hit any cyclists in the 2 yrs prior to the change of sticker?

if not, then it might've worked!!

Old June 25th 04, 09:38 AM
Around Australia Recumbent Style

"hippy" wrote in message
After another accident with Car vs. Triathlete
TA have released these:
http://www.triathlon.org.au/Document...ts%20Order%20f
orm%20-%20Tri%20Clubs.doc

Is sticking these on cars likely to achieve much?
Comments anyone?

hippy

Having ridden the New England Highway a few years back both my wife and I
were surprised to see lots of "Cyclists" signs around bridges and where the
road narrows etc, and we hold the placement of those signs directly
responsible for the wonderful trip we had along that bit of highway with no
traffic hassles at all.

Could it be that our trip was assisted by the fact that the signs
subliminally reminded motorists that cyclists were on the road? If that is
the case, a sticker on a car would probably have the same result wouldn't
it? It's a free memory jogger.

my 2c worth.

regards,

Andrew