WTB: 1" Carbon Fork Compression Plug

Old May 15th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

Default WTB: 1" Carbon Fork Compression Plug

I have a 1 inch ITM fork with a carbon steerer. These things are a little
thicker walled steerers than others I've used such as the Eastons. The plugs
I have will only compress to 0.815" whereas the ID of the ITM fork is
0.778".

What has anyone else used that would fit these forks? Will the Reynolds 1"
compression plug work?

Old May 15th 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Paul Kopit[_2_]

On Wed, 14 May 2008 19:38:36 -0700, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo.
com wrote:

I have a 1 inch ITM fork with a carbon steerer. These things are a little
thicker walled steerers than others I've used such as the Eastons. The plugs
I have will only compress to 0.815" whereas the ID of the ITM fork is
0.778".

What has anyone else used that would fit these forks? Will the Reynolds 1"
compression plug work?

I recall that problem a couple of years ago. The FSA compressor has 3
wedges with a rubber band that holds them together. I removed one of
the wedges and it worked fine.

Old May 15th 08, 07:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
The Troll Feeder

Check it out http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...ex?sku=0302110
Old May 15th 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On May 14, 8:38*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
I have a 1 inch ITM fork with a carbon steerer. These things are a little
thicker walled steerers than others I've used such as the Eastons. The plugs
I have will only compress to 0.815" whereas the ID of the ITM fork is
0.778".

What has anyone else used that would fit these forks? Will the Reynolds 1"
compression plug work?

Try a Ritchey plug. made for 1 and 1 1/8inch steerers.
Old May 20th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raelwelcome

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in
m:

I have a 1 inch ITM fork with a carbon steerer. These things are a
little thicker walled steerers than others I've used such as the
Eastons. The plugs I have will only compress to 0.815" whereas the ID
of the ITM fork is 0.778".

What has anyone else used that would fit these forks? Will the
Reynolds 1" compression plug work?

I have the Reynolds 2007 1 inch expander. It measures .815 with my
calipers. I used the Alpha Q insert and star nut in my Ouzo Pro. I guess
the warranty is toast, but my confidence in the carbon steerer is much
greater.