The End is Starting In California

Old February 10th 17, 08:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default The End is Starting In California

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 11:21:17 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 10:54:32 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 4:07:33 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Intel just signed a contract to build the world's most advanced chip production plant in Chandler, AZ. Wherefore Intel acts so does the rest of Silicon Valley.

IBM research plant hasn't been really employed for more than a decade..

Silicon Valley and the southern California Aircraft Industry are THE only things keeping California afloat.

We now see where the liberalism of California has led. Zuckerberg will tell us all that there's nothing in it.

Hey Tom I don't give a **** in this forum. That idiot Trump is even here in the news all day and now I have to put up with this political drivel here for weeks now. Man go ride your bike. Steel or whatever. The weather can't be that bad in California.

Lou

Well, I understand you point. But don't you think that the Trump attackers who are willing to lie or misinterpret everything he says or does should be put into the public eye everywhere?

I would just as soon not do any of this crap myself but when I turn on the TV and the most recent "bomb scare" 25 miles away from San Francisco isn't even on one F-ing channel because the federal Appeals court might get the idea of how frightened the people are and the necessity of these short term fixes are actually made clear to them, perhaps it's necessary to speak of these things.

In the bay area there are thousands of qualified American engineers and the large companies like Facebook advertise for these engineering positions in such a manner that no American would qualify. They then apply for and get H1B visa engineers mostly from India who work for 2/3rds the price. Don't you think that we should point out that Zuckerberg is lying when he says he isn't doing that? Or Google? Or even MicroSoft?

I'm retired. I could forget all things like this. But should I? And are you so cold hearted that you don't want to know that 80% of blacks are out of work specifically because of illegals?

Tell you what - since you want to hide from all of this I will leave permanently.

Tom I don't hide from all this, I get more than enough information in the Dutch news. You don't have to leave, all I'm asking is to limit the US political discussions in a cycling forum. The balance is way off lately and you are one off the main reasons this is happening.

Lou
Old February 10th 17, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

I see where France invites supressed researchers, field biologists, and scientists !

What's today's rate ?
Old February 10th 17, 06:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 4:44:33 PM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
outstandin string of toons

http://www.newyorker.com/wp-content/...7073_g2048.jpg

ITS GARCIA !!!!

I was near a python burial. In facto a famous python of great length.

the size exceeded my capacity to immediately grok the scene.

https://www.google.com/search?q=stea...EuDAEQ_AUIBygC

Old February 10th 17, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 8:06:54 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 7:42:20 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 3:07:33 AM UTC, wrote:
Intel just signed a contract to build the world's most advanced chip production plant in Chandler, AZ. Wherefore Intel acts so does the rest of Silicon Valley.

IBM research plant hasn't been really employed for more than a decade..

Silicon Valley and the southern California Aircraft Industry are THE only things keeping California afloat.

We now see where the liberalism of California has led. Zuckerberg will tell us all that there's nothing in it.

California Goes Confederate
http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...racy-parallels

Andre Jute
History by analogy

Financially California is falling to pieces. The only areas in which maintenance are carried out is in the neighborhoods where wealthy live. They have had so much loss of the wealthy and the tax money's they provide that they will now do ANYTHING to retain these people.

Smaller high-tech firms simply cannot exist under the restrictions of the laws of California and this is a large reason that they are crying poor-mouth about proposed limitations of H1B visas.

Two years ago Moonbeam Brown announced that the state was totally out of debt and would be for the foreseeable future. One year later with the losses of business and the wealthy moving away from destructive taxes we are now $1.5 Billion in the hole. State laws require California to NOT carry a deficit and so that will come from severe cuts in the education budget.

For this year they must reduce the budget not only for last year's deficit but this year's as well. This means that instead of cutting his Eurotrain to nowhere or the stupid Sacramento River to San Joaquin River tunnel they intend to cut police recruitment and education.

Already the treatment of police is so bad in California that they cannot hire good police. Oakland's entire recruitment has been cops fired from other forces and new cops that haven't been able to pass the psychological testing of other outside of the state police forces.

Without Federal support this state is IMMEDIATELY bankrupt so it's nothing but hot air that California is going to secede from anything.

Geez Tom Can't you be sanguine about anything at all, even just a little
Old February 10th 17, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 10:49:24 AM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 4:44:33 PM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
outstandin string of toons

http://www.newyorker.com/wp-content/...7073_g2048.jpg

ITS GARCIA !!!!

I was near a python burial. In facto a famous python of great length.

the size exceeded my capacity to immediately grok the scene.

https://www.google.com/search?q=stea...EuDAEQ_AUIBygC

Steamcat:
https://www.google.com/search?q=stea...SwCUQQ_AUIBygC
Old February 11th 17, 02:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

“It’s not uncommon to have an issue like this,”
Old February 11th 17, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 19:07:30 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Intel just signed a contract to build the world's most advanced
chip production plant in Chandler, AZ. Wherefore Intel acts so
does the rest of Silicon Valley.

Not exactly. Intel announced that it was planning to spend $7 billion
to finish the plant they started in 2011, but then stopped 3 years
later. Allegedly it was because of declining PC chip sales.
https://arstechnica.com/business/2017/02/intel-will-invest-7-billion-to-finish-a-factory-it-started-in-2011/
The political implications are not particularly subtle. Intel claims
that the reason they aren't investing much money in US plants is
because of unfavorable taxes as compared to building a plant in China.
There are also export restrictions on sub 45nm wafer fab machinery. In
other words, Intel will finish the plant in exchange for some major
tax breaks from Trump. Notice that no projected date of completion or
operation is specified by Intel.

Switching the plant from the originally planned 14nm chips to 7nm is
going to take major R&D. Other companies are doing this, but I read
that it's difficult and expensive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_nanometer
The cost of the 7nm CPU chips are in the thousands of dollars and are
therefore only suitable for servers, a direction Intel has announced
that they're lurching:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3168319/components-processors/intel-demotes-pcs-giving-datacenter-chips-first-crack-at-new-technologies.html

Personally, I do not believe much will happen. Intel might spend some
money on the plant, but will probably stretch out the spending to
produce the illusion of progress, but without much in the way of
results or hiring. But, Intel will get their tax break anyway from
Trump.

IBM research plant hasn't been really employed for more than a decade.

That might change. IBM seems to be in panic mode lately.
http://www.inc.com/suzanne-lucas/ibms-marissa-mayer-moment-staff-ordered-to-work-in-one-of-6-main-offices-or-fa.html
Kinda look like they're trying to fill up the empty office buildings
and labs with former telecommuters to make it look like something
useful is happening. Yahoo tried that and all it's done is force some
employees to quit and better secure the jobs of middle managers, who
now have people available with whom to hold time burning staff
meetings. A major factor in Yahoo's failure seems to be the lack of
parking spaces.

"Do something, even if it's wrong".

Silicon Valley and the southern California Aircraft Industry are
THE only things keeping California afloat.

You left out agriculture. I hate to suggest the obvious but
globalization is not going to disappear, no matter what Trump says or
does. At this time, there is little financial benefit to
manufacturing in California. That may change, but only after the
effects of globalization are felt locally.

We now see where the liberalism of California has led.
Zuckerberg will tell us all that there's nothing in it.

Right. The first step to solving a problem is to blame someone.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Old February 12th 17, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 10:48:39 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

[...]

I wonder whether Intel's reasons may be a little more subtle than just
U.S. taxes. Where will Intel sell the bulk of the chips it will
manufacture in a new plant? The U.S. ? Or China and other foreign
countries? Gigabyte and Asus are both Taiwanese companies, and I
believe the two top PC motherboard makers and I believe that they both
have factories on the Mainland. Lenovo is a Chinese company.

In fact the Chinese make:

90 percent of the world's personal computers
80 percent of the Air Conditioners
80 percent of the global total of energy-saving lamps
70.6 percent of mobile phones
63 percent of the world's shoes
60 percent of the world's supply of cement
45.1 percent of the world's total ship building

Seagate, I believe the largest of the disk makers, has two plants in
Thailand where they employ some 15,000 people and in June 2015,
Seagate's Thailand operations registered export sales of U.S.$ 3.4
billion.

And for a little bicycle content: The People's Republic of China
today produces over 60% of the world's bicycles. 86% of the bicycles
sold in the US are imports from China.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 12th 17, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

? whaddya gonna do ?

https://www.google.com/#q=what+is+not+made+in+china

Old February 12th 17, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

As is often noted, 90% of everything is crap. China still
has growth potential.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Starting crit's Brendo Australia 51 January 22nd 07 01:58 AM
RR: Just like starting over... Carla A-G Mountain Biking 7 April 5th 05 03:51 PM
My dad starting to uni! tylercox Unicycling 43 January 11th 05 05:54 PM
Starting up. HELP AL Unicycling 5 December 12th 04 11:58 PM
i am starting to think you can t win without help karlwithak Racing 2 September 21st 04 11:44 PM