53 gears?

Old July 4th 05, 11:32 PM

You can put a derailer gears on a Sturmley/Archer internal gear hub. I
think there are a few manufactured that way. 3 * 10 * 7 = 210 gears.

Hmm. Where are you getting that last factor of 7? A 7-ring crank?

--

David L. Johnson

3 on chainring, 10 on freewheel, 7 SA internal.

Old July 5th 05, 01:22 AM
Jeff Starr

On 4 Jul 2005 15:32:40 -0700, "
wrote:

You can put a derailer gears on a Sturmley/Archer internal gear hub. I
think there are a few manufactured that way. 3 * 10 * 7 = 210 gears.

Hmm. Where are you getting that last factor of 7? A 7-ring crank?

--

David L. Johnson

3 on chainring, 10 on freewheel, 7 SA internal.

I believe someone now makes a 14 speed internal hub, so you got your
3, your 10, and your 14.

420 gear combinations, although I'm sure that there is some overlap;-)

Life is Good!
Jeff

Old July 6th 05, 12:00 PM
Greg Nuspel

Bent riders are proud of being bent :-)

Take a Sram dual drive 9*3=3D27 add a triple front 27*3=3D81 now add a mi=
d=20
drive =3D confusion with 4 shifters.

Bob wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
=20
Met a couple on a recumbent tandem.. the thing had over 80 gears!

Cheers, helen s

=20
=20
We already knew bent riders are odd. ;-)
=20
Regards,
Bob Hunt
=20

--=20
Greg Nuspel

The word "wilderness" occurs approximately three hundred times in the=20
Bible, and all its meanings are derogatory. ~Ren=E9 Dubos, The Wooing of=
=20
Earth, 1980

how many gears? Ken Marcet General 45 April 5th 05 02:32 PM
Still Looking for a bike [email protected] UK 19 September 5th 04 10:25 AM
Advantages of Higher and Lower Gears? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 21 April 3rd 04 06:13 AM
newbie bike question - how to tell if bike chain is worn too much Stephen Australia 7 November 28th 03 01:14 AM
Usable gears on 53,39 x 25,12 9 speed? Mike S. Techniques 4 September 27th 03 02:05 PM