Cyclist mown down by lamp-post

Old June 10th 13, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Cyclist mown down by lamp-post

"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote
On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 10:32:17 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote
On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 21:56:10 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote
TMS320 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

Many years ago, I was cycling after dark and a woman stopped me to
ask whether I could see a bollard on a cycle way. I simply answered
"no, you have to know it's there". I would have had a Never Ready
front lamp at that time. The answer satisfied her and we didn't
engage in further
conversation.

Don't make assumptions.

Are you ****ing blind or something?

Are you stupid or something? I doesn't occur to you to wonder why a
woman
might be standing in near darkness waiting to ask someone?

She was out walking her dog, saw the bollard, saw the cyclist, and
assumed
he was blind?

No. It is not possible to convey the tone of the conversation in text but
I'm surprised it is needed. I know it's difficult but you should try to
distinguish real world from newsgroup world. Should you go outdoors the
sky
will not fall on your head.

So you don't have a better reasoning then? Mine was totally plausible.

Very well, perhaps I should have said "Many years ago, I was
cycling after dark and a woman stopped me to ask something with the gist of
whether a bollard on the cycleway was sufficiently visible. I cannot
remember her exact words but my answer was "no, you have to know it's
there"". Better now?

Old June 10th 13, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORP

On 07/06/2013 10:59, Squashme wrote:
On Jun 7, 10:49 am, "TMS320" wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...us-condition-a...

Many years ago, I was cycling after dark and a woman stopped me to ask
whether I could see a bollard on a cycle way.

"I simply answered "No, that's no bollard, lady. I'm just pleased to
see you!""

Squashme's the name! I'm here all week.

Don't give up the day job....

--
Dave - Cyclists VORP
"It is time for us to say to cyclists 'You want to join our gang, get
Old June 10th 13, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORP

On 07/06/2013 21:56, TMS320 wrote:
"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote
TMS320 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...post-1-5166670

Many years ago, I was cycling after dark and a woman stopped me to ask
whether I could see a bollard on a cycle way. I simply answered "no, you
have to know it's there". I would have had a Never Ready front lamp at
that
time. The answer satisfied her and we didn't engage in further
conversation.

Don't make assumptions.

Are you ****ing blind or something?

Are you stupid or something? I doesn't occur to you to wonder why a woman
might be standing in near darkness waiting to ask someone?

'Underneath the lantern
By the barrack gate'......

Old June 13th 13, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:53:52 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

[...]

No.

--
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that person considered a hostage situation?
Old June 13th 13, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

TMS320 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/loc...post-1-5166670

Many years ago, I was cycling after dark and a woman stopped me to ask
whether I could see a bollard on a cycle way. I simply answered "no, you
have to know it's there". I would have had a Never Ready front lamp at
that
time. The answer satisfied her and we didn't engage in further
conversation.

Don't make assumptions.

Are you ****ing blind or something?

Are you stupid or something? I doesn't occur to you to wonder why a woman
might be standing in near darkness waiting to ask someone?

'Underneath the lantern
By the barrack gate'......

So, did she get some?

--
While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheralded.
Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.