Reporting drivers to the cops.

Old July 31st 08, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

Default Reporting drivers to the cops.

City Sprint van, NL57 LNX

Unfreaking believable.

Shoreditch High St, westbound, 7.40 today. Traffic queueing, so the
van pulls over to the wrong side of the road to overtake the queue.
The queue won't let him back in, so he swerves onto the wrong side
again, skirts a traffic island still on the wrong side of the road and
then barges back in the queue.

I filter ahead of him at the lights junction Old St and wait to go
straight on, he undertakes and swerves violently to the right to go
down Old St, brushing my shoulder so I jam the brakes on to avoid
going under the wheels.

Incredibly aggressive, illegal driving from a man who drives for a
living, in a liveried company vehicle.

I've called and emailed the company, another witness said they'd do
the same.

Their email back spells my name wrong and gets the grammar muddled:

Dear ,
Thank you for your email. I have forwarded this onto our fleet
department, whom will contact you to resolve this matter.
Regards,
London Customer Support Executive

CitySprint (UK) Ltd
www.citysprint.co.uk

Tel: +44 (0) 207 880 1353
Fax +44 (0) 207 466 4901
Email

View the real time map location of the courier doing your SameDay
Courier job through CourierLocator

I got the witness' mobile number, he was as shocked as me.

Really shocking, violent behavour.

Now Bishopsgate cop shop say I can report it there and they will
retrieve the CCTV footage. The bod was on the wrong side of the road
for over a hundred yards!

Old July 31st 08, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On Jul 31, 2:09*pm, spindrift wrote:
City Sprint van, NL57 LNX

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----

[...]

Update, they've called, the driver's out of London, up for a
disciplinary this afternoon, the vans are fitted with GPS and they've
verified where the driver was and called him in. Very apologetic fleet
manager. Hate getting someone in trouble but this was lunacy, I
thought the van may have been stolen it was so reckless.

Old July 31st 08, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 31 Jul, 14:09, spindrift wrote:
[...]

Confused, Shoreditch High St goes North South, were you Northbound and
hence came from Bishopsgate?

Sniper8052
Old July 31st 08, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On Jul 31, 2:36*pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Sniper8052- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, I was heading into The City. From Bethnal Green Road to a
hundred feet from the Old St junction the van was on the wrong side of
the road. I sat ahead of him, three cars back from the lights, when
they change I set off, he roars up my left then swings right- the side
of the van scraped my shoulder.

i always wonder if reporting stuff like this encourages drivers to
hate the next cyclist they see, but this was so reckless I thought the
van was nicked!

I also wonder about the intelligence of someone behaving like this in
a van with their employers' details emblazoned on the side...

It may well have helped that my company use City Sprint.

Old July 31st 08, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On Jul 31, 2:43*pm, spindrift wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-----

[...]

It may well have helped that my company use City Sprint.- Hide quoted text -

twas he

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf

From Bethnal Green Road to Great Eastern St, not Old St, sorry, the
van was on the wrong side of the road then trying to bully back into
the queue. Even if they get paid per drop it's not worth breaking the
law and nearly killing someone for the sake of a fiver or whatever.

Old July 31st 08, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Jul 31, 2:09 pm, spindrift wrote:

I realize now, after your later update, that this was about your own
cycling.

You really need to get into the habit of distinguishing between when
you're talking about yourself and when you're quoting someone else.

This post started:

Shoreditch High St, westbound, 7.40 today. Traffic queueing, so the
van pulls over to the wrong side of the road to overtake the queue.
The queue won't let him back in, so he swerves onto the wrong side
again, skirts a traffic island still on the wrong side of the road and
then barges back in the queue.

I filter ahead of him at the lights junction Old St and wait to go
straight on, he undertakes and swerves violently to the right to go
down Old St, brushing my shoulder so I jam the brakes on to avoid
going under the wheels.

Yesterday you had one:

As the hazards of London cycling go, it was fairly minor: a white van
passing too close to me in Clapham, and a shout out of the window of

"You're going to get yourself killed!"

(I always take that one as a threat rather than a warning, given that
it only ever comes from cretins driving aggressively or carelessly
themselves).

Can you see why it might be difficult for other people to work out
when you're talking about yourself and when you're quoting others.

Actually I guessed that yesterday's post was not about you - the use
of a colon gave me a clue although I couldn't tell if the bit in
brackets was something you'd added or was from the original.

(at least I _think_ this thread is about your journey this morning -
it's still possible that you're copying something from another forum.)

Tim.
Old July 31st 08, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

"You really need to get into the habit of distinguishing between when
you're talking about yourself and when you're quoting someone else. "

Sorry, I though yesterday's thread being headed "Positive article from
The Evening Standard" made it clear that it was a quote but this
newsgroup is really confusing and difficult to format on. Apologies.
Old July 31st 08, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

spindrift writes:

twas he

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf

From Bethnal Green Road to Great Eastern St, not Old St, sorry, the
van was on the wrong side of the road then trying to bully back into
the queue. Even if they get paid per drop it's not worth breaking the
law and nearly killing someone for the sake of a fiver or whatever.

Erm, isn't that section of road one-way southbound? Are you saying he
was driving the wrong way down the contraflow bus lane?

Boggle.

-dan
Old July 31st 08, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 31 Jul, 14:43, spindrift wrote:
On Jul 31, 2:36 pm, "
wrote:

[...]

Hmm sounds like a Met Police Job then as outside City boundary.
Bishopsgate will take it but will transfer it to Shoreditch Police
Station

SHOREDITCH POLICE STATION
4-6 SHEPHERDESS WALK
LONDON N1 7LF

020 7253 1212 Phone
020 7275 3627 Fax

Sniper8052
Old July 31st 08, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

spindrift wrote:

you're not top posting, which is good.

But you're also not editing, which is NOT good.

BugBear

Reporting potholes [email protected] UK 15 February 2nd 07 10:35 PM
Reporting in Mikefule Unicycling 7 December 28th 06 03:09 AM
Reporting Dangerous Drivers Paul Stanley Australia 4 January 27th 05 02:08 AM
Reporting in Mikefule Unicycling 20 December 20th 04 10:51 PM
Reporting dangerous drivers Frank Australia 12 August 16th 04 11:25 AM