27" tires - Still in production?

Old October 1st 04, 02:50 PM
George Herbert Walker

This is a repost because the other news server seems to be no longer
propagating messages very far.

Email to me is just like email to my son, or talking to him for that
matter: messages are not monitored or answered.

In article ,
(George Herbert Walker) wrote:

In article
:

Is anyone still manufacturing 27" road tires? Or, is everything
available New Old Stock?

I won't need anything special, just a 27x1 1/8 (28x630) generic road tire.

IRC Roadwinner & Roadwinner Duro 27x1-1/8, 27x1-1/4
Panaracer Pasela & Pasela Tourguard, same
Continental Ultragatorskin 27x1-1/8
Continental Top Touring 27x1-1/4
Michelin World Tour 27x1-1/4
Vittoria Zaffiro 27x1-1/8
Generic Kenda & Cheng Shin

I add to these the VeeRubber knock off of the Avocet Cross, and the
Continental Sport1000 (or is it SuperSport1000), the latter in both
27x1-1/8 and 27x1-1/4.

At some point I will need/want new wheels for my '80's project bike and
I'd like to stay with 27". Would I be dead-ended if I buy new 27" wheels?

Seems as if not, as two of these models were just introduced this year or
last or close to it.

--
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Please excuse the inconvenience allegedly caused by our son. Send
us the bill for all the damages, and we can settle this to your
satisfaction, without any need for a public record of the incident.

Most Sincerely, George and Bar

Old October 1st 04, 05:47 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

George Herbert Walker wrote:

This is a repost because the other news server seems to be no longer
propagating messages very far.

Probably because so many people plonked you!

Bill "servers have feelings, too, ya know" S.

Old October 1st 04, 05:47 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

George Herbert Walker wrote:

This is a repost because the other news server seems to be no longer
propagating messages very far.

Probably because so many people plonked you!

Bill "servers have feelings, too, ya know" S.

relative cost/usage between bicycle tires and automobile tires Anonymous Techniques 46 April 7th 04 07:03 PM
"Carbon" tires psycholist Techniques 34 January 28th 04 07:45 AM
Studded tires R Christensen General 2 January 27th 04 04:40 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 19 July 24th 03 09:56 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant Techniques 19 July 24th 03 09:56 PM