what metal for cleats?

Old August 16th 03, 12:39 AM
Theo Bekkers

Default what metal for cleats?

"Liz" wrote
My husband was surprised the other day that his shimano bike shoes

didn't
set off the metal detector at the airport. So what metal do they

use?

Plastics.

Theo

Old August 16th 03, 03:52 AM
Damian Harvey

Ray wrote:

In article ,
says...

My husband was surprised the other day that his shimano bike shoes didn't
set off the metal detector at the airport. So what metal do they use?

Was this the latest Virgin flight where each passenger has a set of
pedals to provide additional power to the engines for takeoff?

Just curious as to why one would wear (SPD I assume) shoes onto a plane

As for metal I would have thought heat treated steel was the go...

Cheers Ray

I wore mine to save weight and the extra charges that come with it. Wear
you're heavy shoes and pack your thongs. Also wear 6 layers of clothing
for the same reason. I took my U-Lock with my carry on for the same
reason but the security guards weren't too impressed. It got to see the
cockpit, sadly, I didn't.
My SPD-M cleats didn't set off any metal detectors either. Maybe they
don't measure at ground level. Or maybe they're too well shielded by
your foot and the ground to pick up.
But thats just hypothesis.

--
Cheers
Damian Harvey

This space reserved for standard disclaimer, witty quote,
plug for own business in caps and large, bad ASCII art.

Old August 16th 03, 05:03 AM
Mitch Pollard

They Use Adamantium. which is a lightweight indestructible metal found in Dr
Skriker's labratory. The same metal is also found coating Wolverines
skeleton.

Old August 16th 03, 05:03 AM
Mitch Pollard