An advantage of titanium over aluminium.

Old June 10th 04, 05:27 AM
Marty Wallace

Default An advantage of titanium over aluminium.

Here's a situation where a Titanium frame has a definite advantage over
Aluminium.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...5news/img_5366

Old June 15th 04, 03:15 AM
flyingdutch

Marty Wallace wrote:
Here's a situation where a Titanium frame has a definite advantage over
Aluminium.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...2003/tech/new-
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...2003/tech/new-
s/dec05news/img_5366

i think that's Hippy's new road machine ..

-

Old June 15th 04, 03:45 AM
ritcho

Marty Wallace wrote:
Here's a situation where a Titanium frame has a definite advantage over
Aluminium.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...2003/tech/new-
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...2003/tech/new-
s/dec05news/img_5366

Let's see. I have an Ally bike, I sometimes go down steep hills
stability tends to be reduced, probably something to do with the frame

Eureka

High speeds are melting my frame and inducing speed wobbles. I don'
notice after I slow down as the Al freezes back to normal

No wonder Robbie McEwen rides a Ti bike

Ritc

-

Old June 15th 04, 04:00 AM
hippy

flyingdutch wrote:
i think that's Hippy's new road machine ...

That's way better than my bike. Probably a better paintjob at this stag
too.. I wonder if that groupset is salvageable with a clean 'n' lube

hipp
- still waiting on powdercoater

-