Stinging Toes!

Old June 10th 04, 05:25 AM
DaveB

Default Stinging Toes!

hippy wrote:
I'm still using the same $50 Nike shoes I bought 3 or 4 years ago. These
are probably the best cycling investment I've made (not counting used
stuff). There were super cheap but they've done everything! Pity they're
not sold any more

hippy

Where in Melb do you find bargains like that? Is there a particular
store that
has a bargain bin or similar or is it just down to good luck and hanging
around
in a lot of different shops. Somebody mentioned Cecil Walker a while
back but all
they had was their standard shoe display. Okay, okay so I'm cheap but
that's the
only way I'll be able to get away from riding in runners.

DaveB

Old June 10th 04, 06:00 AM
hippy

Originally posted by Dave
hippy wrote: I'm still using the same $50 Nike shoes I bought 3 or

Where in Melb do you find bargains like that? Is there a particula
store that has a bargain bin or similar or is i

Nike Factory Outlet on Smith St. Collingwood. They used to get all th
old stock and stuff that didn't sell. It helps to have feet as big a
mine because the common sized shoes are generally not available

I've called them since and they said that Nike don't do cycling shoe
any more, or, at least they don't sell them in their own shops - onl
bike shops will have them or some guff like that. You could always rin
them and see if they've changed their policy..

hipp

-

Old June 10th 04, 08:39 AM
NickZX6R

hippy wrote:

Originally posted by Daveb

hippy wrote: I'm still using the same $50 Nike shoes I bought 3 or 4

Where in Melb do you find bargains like that? Is there a particular
store that has a bargain bin or similar or is it

Nike Factory Outlet on Smith St. Collingwood. They used to get all the
old stock and stuff that didn't sell. It helps to have feet as big as
mine because the common sized shoes are generally not available.

I've called them since and they said that Nike don't do cycling shoes
any more, or, at least they don't sell them in their own shops - only
bike shops will have them or some guff like that. You could always ring

--

Ahhhhhh....the old days. wipes tear

Were you around for the great Myer bike dept sellout a few years
back Hippy?

That was an amazing time to be alive

--
Nick
Old June 11th 04, 03:30 AM
hippy

Originally posted by Nickzx6r Were you around for the great Myer bik
dept sellout a few years back Hippy

Nah, I'm not a 'Myer-shopper-type' and with no junk mail and limited T
viewing, I'd never know about such sales.. What was it all about

Thought for the Day: I think there should be more bike swap meets..

hipp

-

Old June 11th 04, 04:15 AM
flyingdutch

hippy wrote:
Thought for the Day: I think there should be more bike swap meets...
hippy

More??

How about one ??

Do such things exist

And people question Melbourne's claims to be the culture-central of Oz
Geeeesshh!

-

Old June 11th 04, 08:30 AM
hippy

Originally posted by flyingdutch Do such things exist

Yes. There was one on a few months ago

It's up to the shops generally to organise them.. or an individual wit
a bit of gumption

Anyone have a large inner city place suitable for a bike swap meet
hopefully with a large amount of parts ready to sell..

hipp

-

Old June 12th 04, 06:33 AM
NickZX6R

hippy wrote:
Originally posted by Nickzx6r Were you around for the great Myer bike
dept sellout a few years back Hippy?

Nah, I'm not a 'Myer-shopper-type' and with no junk mail and limited TV
viewing, I'd never know about such sales.. What was it all about?

Thought for the Day: I think there should be more bike swap meets...

hippy

--

A few years back Myers closed down their bike section (which was quite
well stocked). Lots of stuff ended up going for up to 75% off.

I got a couple of paris of Carnacs (MTB & Road) for 60% off, a Topeak
Alien tool for $20 instad of $80, Cinelli bar tape for $5 - you get
the drift. A friend of mine bought a Minoura rim trainer for $100.

Discounts so huge, you wouldn't believe it unless you were there

--
Nick
Old June 12th 04, 03:30 PM
ver

Is this a problem with you bike shoes? Or do you get it when cycling i
your regular walking shoes too

I get it mostly when biking, but also when running sometimes. Wors
when biking

-

Old June 13th 04, 06:15 PM
ver

flyingdutch wrote:
well the size/tightness and cleat-position are prime suspects then
wot shoes are you using?

I have Specializeds...I can't remember the exact model. They're not
extra wide...just the widest I could find in a store.

Old June 13th 04, 06:15 PM
ver

Tamyka Bell wrote:
ver wrote:

Hey, my toes get very numb/tingly/stinging when I ride. Has anyone
else had this problem? I suspect that wider shoes would help, but I
can't seem to find any brands that offer widths, except for the
billion dollar types. Anyone?

--

I had this problem when I first started. Generally these sensations are
related to pressure on some nerves. Mine was related to cleat position

I don't think there is an option for angles on my cleats. I go
Speedplay because I liked the fact that there was some "play" in th
float. I thought that would be good for someone susceptible to join
aches etc. But I will check the front-to-back settings

-