Death of this group.

Old August 12th 08, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_5_]

Default Death of this group.

"Roger Merriman" wrote in message
. uk...
Clive George wrote:

"Brian Robertson" wrote in message

You should look at uk.transport. The entire group is given over to
bating
one pathetic, Daily Mail reading, eco warrior.

Doug? He's hardly the Daily Mail type, rather the opposite in fact.

thats what he copy/paste though.

if one kill files doug and all replys uk.transport gets close to zero,
all threads left are just threads about him.

uk.transport really is doug.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

Yes, I counted up the most recent threads before. Out of 15 threads, 9 were
either by Doug, about Doug or mentioned Doug. Two were spam. That is about
the usual ration. uk.ocd more like. They can't leave him alone and he can't
shut up.

Brian.

Old August 12th 08, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_4_]

Brian Robertson wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message
Brian Robertson wrote:
"Clive George" wrote in message
et...
"Brian Robertson" wrote in message

You should look at uk.transport. The entire group is given over to
bating one pathetic, Daily Mail reading, eco warrior.
Doug? He's hardly the Daily Mail type, rather the opposite in fact.

Bizarre though it may be, the majority of Doug's cut and pastes are,
indeed. from the Daily Wail.

That doesn't mean that he buys it.

I don't think that the assumption stretches the imagination too far.

It certainly does so in the full context of Doug's clearly (and
frequently) expressed political views.

I usually cut and paste from the Guardian, for Guardian reader I am. It is
just bizarre that a leftie, anti-capitalist, eco-warrior would go near the
Mail.

Yet that is precisely what happens - in the case of the website, at least.

OTOH, Doug sometimes C'n'Ps from a website called "Indymedia", which
seems quite unlike any of the quality papers as a source of news (if you
could call Indymedia a source of news).
Old August 12th 08, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_4_]

Clive George wrote:

"Brian Robertson" wrote in message

You should look at uk.transport. The entire group is given over to
bating
one pathetic, Daily Mail reading, eco warrior.
Doug? He's hardly the Daily Mail type, rather the opposite in fact.

thats what he copy/paste though.

if one kill files doug and all replys uk.transport gets close to zero,
all threads left are just threads about him.

uk.transport really is doug.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

Yes, I counted up the most recent threads before. Out of 15 threads, 9 were
either by Doug, about Doug or mentioned Doug. Two were spam. That is about
the usual ration. uk.ocd more like. They can't leave him alone and he can't
shut up.

That is something which has developed and inensified over the last few
years only - say, two to three. It hasn't always been like that.
Old August 13th 08, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_5_]

Clive George wrote:

[...]

It could be an interesting newsgroup if you went in there with an open mind.
(As is the case with most such groups) Unfortunately it was been taken over
by a collection of particularly unpleasant individuals who will drown out
anyone who....... I was about to say anyone who disagrees with them, but
actually I think that it is anyone who simply isn't a part of their clique.
IMHO, you can tell the quality of a group by the number of people who hide
behind anonymous servers.

The value of a newsgroup = posts / people who hide behind screen names and
anonymous servers.

Brian.

Old August 30th 08, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Woodall

Stats for 30th July to 30th August:

Total posts: 5899

Top ten posters:
523 From: judith
260 From: "Just zis Guy, you know?"
191 From: Tom Sherman
156 From: JNugent
142 From: nully
141 From: Paul Boyd
137 From: "Clive George"
122 From: Squashme
122 From: Rob Morley
115 From: Tom Crispin

A little under 10% from judith.

Total posts in followups to subthreads started by judith: 1835
(Including judith)

Slightly over 30%.

Top ten people posting in subthreads started by judith: (Excluding
judith)

107 From: "Just zis Guy, you know?"
70 From: nully
70 From: JNugent
52 From: Marc
51 From: "Colin Nelson"
48 From: "nully"
43 From: "Clive George"
38 From: "Dave Larrington"
37 From: "
35 From: Squashme

Tim.

and there was light.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/ http://www.locofungus.btinternet.co.uk/
Old August 30th 08, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

Tim Woodall writes:

Stats for 30th July to 30th August:

Total posts: 5899

Top ten posters:
523 From: judith

Oh, is she still here?

191 From: Tom Sherman

and that reminds me to find out why massive crossposts aren't getting
scored to death in my newsreader any more, too.

ObBike: my new frame arrived the other day, at last, to replace the
one with a top tube dent that I'm not entirely happy about (it's a
long story) . Almost finished shifting all the components from the
old one, except for the front derailleur - the new one needs a
braze-on fitting. Kitchen pictures forthcoming.

-dan
Old August 30th 08, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_4_]

On 30/08/2008 18:33, Daniel Barlow said,

Oh, is she still here?

My thoughts exactly :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old August 30th 08, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:55:05 +0000 (UTC), Tim Woodall
wrote:

Stats for 30th July to 30th August:

Total posts: 5899

That's not very interesting.

Can you stick to the minutia of your rides in to work.

(Having said that - I loved your latest "More examples of a ****wit
cyclist's antics")

--

If you're going to make snide insinuations about the author,
as you undoubtedly did, then you can **** right off. (Guy Chapman)

Old August 30th 08, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:55:05 +0000 (UTC), Tim Woodall
wrote:

snip

Total posts in followups to subthreads started by judith: 1835

She obviously starts some threads which are of interest to cyclists
Old August 30th 08, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 30 Aug, 17:55, Tim Woodall wrote:
[...]

I'd killfile "Squashme" if I knew how.